Anger mounts as Gaza toll rises

webfact

[quote name="sirineou" post="8225427" timestamp="1407673823"][quote name="Jingthing" post="8213903" timestamp="1407457268"] [quote name="sirineou" post="8213797" timestamp="1407454458"] [quote name="Jingthing" post="8211707" timestamp="1407405423"]Noam Chomsky ... "a Jew himself" ... now that settles it! facepalm.gif[/quote]No it does not,If it settles anything is only that he is a Jew,
but it does illustrate that there are opposing views to yours in both sides of the divide, and that not all Jews are of the same mindset.
I am really disappointed in you Jingthing, as a member of an oppressed minority , I would think you would be a little more sympathetic toward an other, but I guess, at the very least, one good thing come out of it, your attitude serves to illustrate that gay people are just like every one else.  Some good , some bad, some smart some stupid, some compassionate,others not, in an other word, just human.
 [/quote]Your logic is flawed.

Gay people are supposed to support a radical Islamist Jihadist terror organization that:

treats its women as chattel
murders its gay people
is dedicated to a genocidal agenda against Jews
murders any internal dissenters
uses it's own children as human shields knowing they will be killed when they launch rockets. for purposes of getting pictures to use for international propaganda

Not quite, dude.
 [/quote]You continue to disappoint me
I would think that you at least would know the danger of engaging in generalizations about people.
Any people
and would know that as all Gays are not alike, so not all Muslims are alike.
and frankly your assertion that for some (faulty) reasoning  they deserve what they get, is, to say the very least.
disgusting.
Dude[/quote]of course Some of the posters supporting Israel's murdering acts are quite disgusting.
Not supporting murder. Please stop demonizing people who support Israel's right to defend itself against radical Islamist Jihadists.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who is demonizing any one?

you are the one who  just demonized all Palestinians , deserve  of the treatment they get from Israel because, and I quote:

"treats its women as chattel

murders its gay people
uses it's own children as human shields knowing they will be killed when they launch rockets. for purposes of getting pictures to use for international propaganda"

facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is demonizing any one?
you are the one who  just demonized all Palestinians

No he didn't. You are being dishonest. He specifically referred to " a radical Islamist Jihadist terror organization". He was only talking about Hamas.

Not only do we have Israeli apologists, but now we have Jinthing apologists bah.gif

Yea , like Hamas are not Palestinian but came from places like Poland, the former Soviet Union, New York city, etc

like these Neo Israelis did.

"Hey my Grand Mom used to buy groceries from a Jew, that makes me part Jew also. so how about we immigrate to Israel, and get some of  this nice Palestinian land, and Israeli benefits and in the process if we kill the bunch of them, no worries,they deserve it because" :

murders its gay people
uses it's own children as human shields knowing they will be killed when they launch rockets. for purposes of getting pictures to use for international propaganda"
:

It's off topic but if you are interested in Aliyah, there are some excellent resources available on the internets. However, I might add that a Jew can be excluded from this if he is considered to be DANGEROUS to the state of Israel.

Also note, the vast majority of the millions of Israeli Jews were born Israel. 

Edited by Jingthing

Yea , like Hamas are not Palestinian but came from places like Poland, the former Soviet Union, New York city, etc

like these Neo Israelis did.

"Hey my Grand Mom used to buy groceries from a Jew, that makes me part Jew also. so how about we immigrate to Israel, and get some of  this nice Palestinian land, and Israeli benefits and in the process if we kill the bunch of them, no worries,they deserve it because" :

murders its gay people
:

It's off topic but if you are interested in Aliyah, there are some excellent resources available on the internets. However, I might add that a Jew can be excluded from this if he is considered to be DANGEROUS to the state of Israel.

Also note, the vast majority of the millions of Israeli Jews were born Israel. 

I am no interested in Aiyah , the only thing I am interested in is justice for the Palestinian people.

• Like 2

You mean the ones who voted for Fatah and even more extreme groups? You think that they are much better? Fatah is not quite as insane as Hamas, but they also have a history of terrorism and are plenty hateful too. This was on their website after three Isreali teenagers were kidnapped and murdered, a few weeks ago.

three%20rats1.jpg

The Fatah cartoon depicts three kidnapped and murdered Israeli teens as mice caught on fishing rod. Text on image: "Masterstroke"

Another prime example of what I'm talking about - whoever posted that is insane - so what's the answer? kill all Palestinians?

Rise above these clowns and psychos.   If you don't - you/we will all drown together.  

Of course the answer is not kill all Palestinians.

What is your answer I wonder? What do you suggest?

What is the course of action that needs to be taken to achieve peace?

Please specify your road-map for peace.

I am seriously curios to know your answer.

The only answer I can offer under the current circumstances is to make Gaza a UN protectorate, and flood it with peacekeepers.   The primary duty of the peacekeepers would be to stop the rocket attacks - followed by extracting suspects for trial at the World Court.

The rule of law has to stand forth here - and the rule of law is far more important than democracy.   

The only problem would be with the UN not up to handling anything on that league, and most UN peacekeeping forces not  having a mandate to do much more than observe and report. Wonder how effective such a UN peacekeeping force would be fighting Hamas and stopping rocket launches, even if this was a realistic possibility.

The road map to peace would be the Palestinians having equal rights to their Israeli cousins including the right to return.

Imagine Netnayahu giving them back the West Bank for starters including all the settlements and the new roads and infrastructure.

The next step might be Israel allowing UN inspectors in to Dimona to check out their nuclear programme to ensure Iran and others it was for electricity generation only.

Noticed a certain lack of detail as to what the Palestinians would be giving/conceding in return.

The usual simplistic formulations are almost a standard, wish there was some more thought given to actual issues

to do with implementing these one-liner notions.

Here's one for you and for Hamas.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton

Tell that to the parents of the 67 Israelis that Netanyahu has just sacrificed with less to show for their blood than if on June 12th he had treated the kidnapping of the 3 Israeli teens as a regular homicide investigation, and accepted John Kerry's efforts to negotiate a permanent peace.

Ah, back with the "regular homicide investigation" bit. Another fine example of realities in Israel and the West Bank.

That this does not have any meaning in the actual context does not seem to deter you from repeating it again.

• Like 1

Since we are on the topic of Gaza death toll...
Even the traditionally anti-Israeli and Pro-Palestinian BBC had to admit that Hamas' provided casualty figures have been "inaccurate" and questions the claim that the IDF attacked "indiscriminately".

Well since it is 2014 we do not need bar charts or anyone's word
We see actual footage of dead or crippled men, women & children daily.
What either side says the number is irrelevant what we see is heart wrenching period.

Inflating total casualty figures and denying figures of militant casualties (thus, in essence, claiming
all casualties are civilians) is common practice.

Hamas rarely admits to militant casualties. There is rarely any footage (especially during hostilities) of any Hamas

militants, alive or otherwise. Do you suppose this is because they are not around? Invisible? Never get hurt?

No one is contesting that a lot of civilians got hurt, and at least in my opinion, many of these deaths were avoidable,

all are regrettable.

Well since it is 2014 we do not need bar charts or anyone's word

You mean Hamas' word? They just violated numerous ceasefires that they had agreed to. Is there anyone who believes the word of Hamas?

You can't make a peace treaty with Hamas, they are pure evil and will break every single one, no question about it.

They have to be totally eradicated, by any means.

Oh dear...............

Similarities between

Jomo Kenyatta

Menachem Begin

George Washington

Eamon De Valera

Nelson Mandela

Hardly.

Most of the above did not wish for the total and utter destruction of their opponents. Most were engaged in negotiations and peacemaking after renouncing an armed struggle. Hamas is not quite there, yet.

• Like 2

The only answer I can offer under the current circumstances is to make Gaza a UN protectorate, and flood it with peacekeepers.   The primary duty of the peacekeepers would be to stop the rocket attacks - followed by extracting suspects for trial at the World Court.

The rule of law has to stand forth here - and the rule of law is far more important than democracy.   

The only problem would be with the UN not up to handling anything on that league, and most UN peacekeeping forces not

having a mandate to do much more than observe and report. Wonder how effective such a UN peacekeeping force would

be fighting Hamas and stopping rocket launches, even if this was a realistic possibility.

You wouldn't know it from the public posturing, but the UN's understanding of the 'human shields' concept goes far beyond the comprehension of the Hamas' sympathizers here, and they're not ABOUT to let THEMSELVES become that!  Talk is MUCH MUCH cheaper!   The prospect of any UN peacekeeping would have Hamas drooling all over themselves, and the UN gets that.

You wouldn't know it from the public posturing, but the UN's understanding of the 'human shields' concept goes far beyond the comprehension of the Hamas' sympathizers here, and they're not ABOUT to let THEMSELVES become that!  Talk is MUCH MUCH cheaper!   The prospect of any UN peacekeeping would have Hamas drooling all over themselves, and the UN gets that.

And while we are on to "human shields", I notice that another one of the inheritors of the rabid politics of Meir Kahane - Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira - has encouraged the IDF to use Palestinian civilians as human shields.

Still, he is not as direct as Dov Lior, another Rabbi and fellow man of a God, who said a few weeks ago:

"it is acceptable to kill Palestinian civilians and destroy Gaza". And yes, he is indeed the same guy who said: "captured Arab terrorists should be used in medical experiments". (Now, where I have heard that before??)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dov_Lior
I understand why people get so angry with some varieties of modern Judaism when I encounter statements like these. But I don't understand why apologists for Israel's actions can't comprehend that there is something drastically wrong with a government of Israel that aids and abets deranged religious leaders?

Edited by CBR250
  • Like 2

And while we are on to "human shields", I notice that another one of the inheritors of the rabid politics of Meir Kahane - Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira - has encouraged the IDF to use Palestinian civilians as human shields.

Still, he is not as direct as Dov Lior, another Rabbi and fellow man of a God, who said a few weeks ago:

"it is acceptable to kill Palestinian civilians and destroy Gaza". And yes, he is indeed the same guy who said: "captured Arab terrorists should be used in medical experiments". (Now, where I have heard that before??)

I understand why people get so angry with some varieties of modern Judaism when I encounter statements like these. But I don't understand why apologists for Israel's actions can't comprehend that there is something drastically wrong with a government of Israel that aids and abets deranged religious leaders?

The great democracy of Israel, the only country in the Middle East that is a safe place for gay people to live so it is hardly some kind of fundamentalist theocracy. You want to see a real massacre? Have a gay pride parade in "Palestine" -- then you would see a real massacre but it wouldn't involve any Jews doing the murdering. The rabbi you digged up to yet again somehow makes excuses for "anger" against Jewish people is indeed the rabbi of HEBRON. Of course the informed know, Hebron is the home of yes a VERY RIGHT WING (and also quite small) religious Jewish community. So maybe ignorant people will be convinced by that kind of selective propaganda. So I consider the above post yet another transparent attempt to very unfairly demonize Israel in general. Sure demonize that rabbi, fine, he's quite horrible. See the difference? 

There was a recently departed white Christian "minister" in the USA called Fred Phelps. He was a horror show ... a walking bag of hate. Sure you could bring up his words and deeds and try to demonize the USA government or Christians in general or white people in general. But that would be INSANE.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The great democracy of Israel, the only country in the Middle East that is a safe place for gay people to live so it is hardly some kind of fundamentalist theocracy. You want to see a real massacre? Have a gay pride parade in "Palestine" -- then you would see a real massacre but it wouldn't involve any Jews doing the murdering. The rabbi you digged up to yet again somehow makes excuses for "anger" against Jewish people is indeed the rabbi of HEBRON. Of course the informed know, Hebron is the home of yes a VERY RIGHT WING (and also quite small) religious Jewish community. So maybe ignorant people will be convinced by that kind of selective propaganda. So I consider the above post yet another transparent attempt to very unfairly demonize Israel in general. Sure demonize that rabbi, fine, he's quite horrible. See the difference? 

There was a recently departed white Christian "minister" in the USA called Fred Phelps. He was a horror show ... a walking bag of hate. Sure you could bring up his words and deeds and try to demonize the USA government or Christians in general or white people in general. But that would be INSANE.

While CBR250's post wrongly portrays Lior and Shapira's views as somehow being mainstream and accepted norm, one cannot deny that Israeli governments are not that even-handed when it comes to hate-speech. The reasons for this can be attributed to either electoral or ideological considerations (or, at times, both) but evidently, an Arab Israeli articulating similar notions is more likely to be facing prosecution and punishment.

Phelps had nothing like the following or influence these Rabbis hold. I think he was also a bit further back from that thin line of inciting followers to take action into their own hands. I'd love to see a Louis Theroux piece on the Rabbis as well, though.

Edited by Scott

The great democracy of Israel, the only country in the Middle East that is a safe place for gay people to live so it is hardly some kind of fundamentalist theocracy.

Ah, try this article:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/08/against-pinkwashing-israel-201489104543430313.html

From Ashley Bohrer - a queer feminist, Jewish activist and academic from Chicago.
She disagrees with you, I'm afraid. She notes the liberal laws of Israel regarding sexual diversity matter little on the ground, and that the application of the laws is, in any event, applied selectively only to Jewish Israelis.

And a fundamentalist theocracy is actually an apt description of the current government that has been bombing Gaza. Sure, there is an elected parliamentary body. But the only part of it that matters for the purposes of the Gaza war is the Security Council, not the Knesset, and the Security Council is composed of (mostly) right wing Zionist fundamentalists. Back to our old friends Netanyahu and Lieberman.

And a further comment on Rabbis Dior and Shapira. I accept that their extreme Zionist views are not shared by many Israelis, but there is a substantial number who do. When summoned for questioning over "incitement to violence"  (Dior endorsed a contentious book giving Jews permission to kill innocent non-Jews - including babies) there were demonstrations in the streets supporting him. Israel's Chief Rabbi spoke in his defence. Netanyahu backed off any legal action against him. So not just some little backwoods preacher, even if he is stuck out in Hebron where the Israeli settlers pour sewerage on the local Palestinians. As the old saying goes, with friends like these who needs enemies?

So, I think pointing to the odd Hamas personage who spews similar hate is a little hypocritical. There is insanity on both sides. Refusing to see its presence in one's own side allows it to fester, and will only contribute to the inevitable future conflicts in Gaza and Palestine. I think most of those on here who criticise Israel's actions in Gaza  have been very clear that they want  Israel to survive into the future. Further, they want that future Israel to be a peaceful country, living in some semblance of harmony with its neighbours. Unless sufficient Israelis and Jews demand change, we will be back her arguing over more deaths within a few short years.

• Like 1

So, I think pointing to the odd Hamas personage who spews similar hate is a little hypocritical.

The "odd" Hamas personage spewing hate? More like the "odd" Hamas personage that isn't! Do you really think that anyone is buying this claptrap? blink.png

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Ah, try this article:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/08/against-pinkwashing-israel-201489104543430313.html

From Ashley Bohrer - a queer feminist, Jewish activist and academic from Chicago.

And a further comment on Rabbis Dior and Shapira. I accept that their extreme Zionist views are not shared by many Israelis, but there is a substantial number who do.

I fail to understand the value of quoting outlying political viewpoints. Neither the wacko rabbis noted above nor the wacko self-proclaimed "queers" in Chicago or in Berkeley, where the DD twins agitate, are germane to any conversation.

Here's one for you and for Hamas.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton

Tell that to the parents of the 67 Israelis that Netanyahu has just sacrificed with less to show for their blood than if on June 12th he had treated the kidnapping of the 3 Israeli teens as a regular homicide investigation, and accepted John Kerry's efforts to negotiate a permanent peace.

Ah, back with the "regular homicide investigation" bit. Another fine example of realities in Israel and the West Bank.

That this does not have any meaning in the actual context does not seem to deter you from repeating it again.

Spit it out man. Your turgid, weasel worded, tautological prose is dreadful. Are you trying for the gobbledegook prize of the year?

What on earth does “That this does not have any meaning in the actual context does not seem to deter you from repeating it again [sic].

When the 3 Israeli teens were kidnapped and murdered, the Israeli police and Shin Bet knew who the perps were. Go look for them and arrest them.

How did this help the investigation to find the teens: vandalizing hundreds of West Bank Palestinian homes, arresting hundreds of Hamas members..still without charge, provoking retaliation from Hamas, and the resulting carnage?

Is this standard procedure whenever an Israeli Jew gets killed in the occupied West Bank?

Why were similar procedures not employed when the Israeli Arab teen got kidnapped and burnt to death in occupied East Jerusalem?

Netanyahu has a lot of explaining to do to the loved ones of the 67 young Israelis sacrificed by him for his latest objective “a prolonged period of quiet”, which he himself disturbed in the first place on June 12th.

The international media have a similar take on the events:

“Hamas is also demanding that Israel release Hamas prisoners recently rearrested by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank, including those who were freed in a prisoner exchange two years ago and members of the Palestinian Legislative Council. The arrests were made as part of Israeli sweeps following the abduction of three Israeli teenagers near a West Bank settlement, an action used by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a reason to crack down on Hamas in the West Bank, triggering Hamas rocket fire from Gaza that helped to set the stage for the war.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israelgaza-conflict-hamas-warns-of-last-chance-for-ceasefire-so-how-long-will-the-truce-last-9662810.html

• Like 2

Ah, try this article:

And a further comment on Rabbis Dior and Shapira. I accept that their extreme Zionist views are not shared by many Israelis, but there is a substantial number who do.

I fail to understand the value of quoting outlying political viewpoints. Neither the wacko rabbis noted above nor the wacko self-proclaimed "queers" in Chicago or in Berkeley, where the DD twins agitate, are germane to any conversation.

Yes, you do fail to understand. And I am not surprised. The presence of "wackos" (your erudite term) in Hamas who call for the death of Jews is used as the rationale to call for the death of members of Hamas by some posters here. Yet the point I made is that there are plenty of wackos on the Israeli side who call for the deaths of all Palestinians. And their children. And claim it is totally appropriate that Palestinian civilians are used as human shields by the IDF. And that it is ok to conduct medical experiments on captured Palestinians. Have you heard of Josef Mengele? Well, it seems he is channeling his spirit into Hebron.

I named two Israeli candidates for "wacko of the year"- there are plenty more "wackos", and plenty in positions of influence. The Israeli Foreign Minister could fit easily within the "wacko" category. One of the most senior positions in the Israeli government. Is he also an "outlier"? That one of these "wackos" - Rabbi Dior - is stuck out in Hebron is irrelevant. (Khaled Meshal, Hamas spokesman, is not even in Palestine). And good ol' Rabbi Dior is spiritual advisor to a community of Israeli settlers in Hebron who delight in pouring their raw sewerage onto Palestinians. Wonderful examples for their children - the behaviour that peace is made from.

So, were I to follow the example of some of the posters here, I would use the presence of these Israeli "wackos" in official positions to justify the annihilation of Israel - just as they argue for the destruction of Gaza based on a few selected quotes from some members of Hamas. Fortunately, I am not so ill-favoured morally or intellectually to go down that path.

PS Just to help you out, here. Queers that openly identify as such are, of course "self-proclaimed". That is what the term means.

I ran across this article today on Drudge Report.  It seems working for Hamas, as well as standing in front of them, also has its perils.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hamas said to have executed dozens of tunnel diggers
Any excavator who was suspected of collaborating with Israel was killed, Israeli website reports

BY MARISSA NEWMAN August 11, 2014, 11:31 am 389

Hamas executed dozens of diggers responsible for its extensive tunnel system in past weeks, fearing the workers would reveal the site locations to Israel, a report on the Mako website’s army blog said.

There was no independent confirmation of the report (link here in Hebrew).

The tunnelers, many of whom constructed the tunnels over the course of months, would dig for 8-12 hours a day, and received a monthly wage of $150-$300, according to the blog.

<from the article>

“Anyone they suspected might transfer information to Israel on the tunnels was killed by the military wing,” a different source said. “They were very cruel.”

In 2012, a Journal of Palestine Studies article claimed 160 Palestinian children were killed while working on Hamas’s tunnel system.

PS:  Before the apologists attack, I am well aware of the source of the article.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find something from a reputable source that disputes the information in the article.

• Like 1

PS:  Before the apologists attack, I am well aware of the source of the article.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find something from a reputable source that disputes the information in the article.

I am sure I read an article not long ago that said all Israelis have 3 heads and 5 arms. Please send me a link that disproves this.

I am sure I read an article not long ago that said all Israelis have 3 heads and 5 arms. Please send me a link that disproves this.

Oh, you could have done so much better... cheesy.gif

4230180225.jpg