Anger mounts as Gaza toll rises

webfact

Boycott Israeli Products App Gets 350,000 Supporters

An app that allows users to search for a product linked to targeted companies or countries in order to boycott them has seen a significant surge in users signing up to anti-Israel campaigns.

Buycott catalogues brands and their affiliations and lets users set up campaigns to either help or avoid funding certain causes. By scanning a product's barcode with their smartphone camera, consumers are able to determine which brands are associated with which campaigns.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gaza-strip-boycott-israeli-products-app-gets-350000-uploads-1460191

350,000 people will be less likely to purchase products covered in the blood of murdered women and children.

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

#BDS

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that brief video interview with Mosan Hassad Yousef is interesting. He has got to be a marked man. I'll be surprised if he's alive in a week, the way he's speaking out against armed thugs.

He backs what's been said by others: some extremist Hamas members are willing to kill (or at least threaten to kill) their own kind - if it helps further their goals. One of their main goals, now, is to garner sympathy and pity from the world community. In that, Hamas are doing rather well. They should write a book: 'How to Threaten and Harm Your Own Community Members in Order to Further Your Cause.' It could be a best seller in N. Korea and central Africa, among other places.
  • Like 2

#BDS

BDS has been a FAILUREclap2.gif

BDS has been active on college campuses since 2005, with the divestment campaign being central for the past five years; in the last 10 years or so, there has been zero financial success on the university level in the divestment campaign.

http://www.cameraoncampus.org/blog/bds-failures-continuously-amassing/#.U-TnJuW7ffI

The failures of the Israel boycotters
The various campaigns by British BDS groups have been noisy and sometimes messy, but in practical terms, they have been a complete failure

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/1408/the_failures_of_the_israel_boycotters

ANOTHER epic Israel-boycott failure as BDS groups use Israeli tech to build websites

http://www.trendingcentral.com/another-epic-israel-boycott-failure-bds-groups-use-israeli-tech-build-websites/

• Like 2

Wow that brief video interview with Mosan Hassad Yousef is interesting. He has got to be a marked man. I'll be surprised if he's alive in a week, the way he's speaking out against armed thugs.

He backs what's been said by others: some extremist Hamas members are willing to kill (or at least threaten to kill) their own kind - if it helps further their goals. One of their main goals, now, is to garner sympathy and pity from the world community. In that, Hamas are doing rather well. They should write a book: 'How to Threaten and Harm Your Own Community Members in Order to Further Your Cause.' It could be a best seller in N. Korea and central Africa, among other places.

Why does that shock you?  

The IRA pulled the same stunt for decades.  

All through these threads I've talked about falling into a psychopaths trap - 

A few morons on here have tried to use the fact that Hamas won 45% of a "democratic" vote as justification for bombing Gaza.  

What about the 55%?  

What about the kids?   

Failing to differentiate between the innocents and the psychopaths as a matter or belief  - as a matter of policy - makes you no better.  

What sickens me is that if the British government had started shelling the Falls Road trying to flush out IRA arms cache's 

The same guys cheering on Israel here would be baying for blood.  

Rancid, rotten hypocrites. 

What about the 55%?

You mean the ones who voted for Fatah and even more extreme groups? You think that they are much better? Fatah is not quite as insane as Hamas, but they also have a history of terrorism and are plenty hateful too. This was on their website after three Isreali teenagers were kidnapped and murdered, a few weeks ago.

three%20rats1.jpg

The Fatah cartoon depicts three kidnapped and murdered Israeli teens as mice caught on fishing rod. Text on image: "Masterstroke"

Another prime example of what I'm talking about - whoever posted that is insane - so what's the answer? kill all Palestinians?

Rise above these clowns and psychos.   If you don't - you/we will all drown together.  

What about the 55%?

You mean the ones who voted for Fatah and even more extreme groups? You think that they are much better? Fatah is not quite as insane as Hamas, but they also have a history of terrorism and are plenty hateful too. This was on their website after three Isreali teenagers were kidnapped and murdered, a few weeks ago.

three%20rats1.jpg

The Fatah cartoon depicts three kidnapped and murdered Israeli teens as mice caught on fishing rod. Text on image: "Masterstroke"
Website is from Fatah, but obviously, fishing rod and fisher are from Mossad.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by Thorgal

What about the 55%?

three%20rats1.jpg

Another prime example of what I'm talking about - whoever posted that is insane -

Fatah posted it - on their website. They are the party sharing power with Hamas in the Palestinian government.

What about the 55%?

three%20rats1.jpg

Another prime example of what I'm talking about - whoever posted that is insane - so what's the answer? kill all Palestinians?

Rise above these clowns and psychos.   If you don't - you/we will all drown together.  

Of course the answer is not kill all Palestinians.

What is your answer I wonder? What do you suggest?

What is the course of action that needs to be taken to achieve peace?

Please specify your road-map for peace.

I am seriously curios to know your answer.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

An app that allows users to search for a product linked to targeted companies or countries in order to boycott them has seen a significant surge in users signing up to anti-Israel campaigns.

Buycott catalogues brands and their affiliations and lets users set up campaigns to either help or avoid funding certain causes. By scanning a product's barcode with their smartphone camera, consumers are able to determine which brands are associated with which campaigns.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gaza-strip-boycott-israeli-products-app-gets-350000-uploads-1460191

350,000 people will be less likely to purchase products covered in the blood of murdered women and children.

alt=thumbsup.gif>

alt=clap2.gif> alt=thumbsup.gif> alt=clap2.gif>

#BDS

I take it you didn't watch any Mosab Hasan Yousef videos then....

Dialogue of the deaf.

You may find this brief one interesting as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2trFcUqTH8

• Like 1

What about the 55%?

three%20rats1.jpg

The only answer I can offer under the current circumstances is to make Gaza a UN protectorate, and flood it with peacekeepers.   The primary duty of the peacekeepers would be to stop the rocket attacks - followed by extracting suspects for trial at the World Court.

The rule of law has to stand forth here - and the rule of law is far more important than democracy.   

• Like 1

The only answer I can offer under the current circumstances is to make Gaza a UN protectorate, and flood it with peacekeepers.   The primary duty of the peacekeepers would be to stop the rocket attacks - followed by extracting suspects for trial at the World Court.

The rule of law has to stand forth here - and the rule of law is far more important than democracy.   

Posts removed to allow response.

It does sound like an interesting idea, on paper. Do you think the UN will be willing to do that? Do you think Hamas will be willing to allow the UN to do that? And even if the answer is yes to both questions - what is the UN going to do if Hamas will suddenly start bombing Israel again? UN blue helmets mandate is to observe, not fight.

There was a detailed post I made about it a few days ago: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/741979-israel-prepares-for-ground-military-operation-98-dead-in-gaza-strip-airstrikes/page-24#entry8169933

Here is the beginning of it:

In interviews conducted with "INSS" and "The New York Times", PA Chairman, Mahmoud Abbas, suggested NATO force deployment in all areas of a future Palestinian state, in order to prevent weapons smuggling and terrorism after the IDF withdrawal.

Secretary of State, John Kerry, confirmed that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected this proposal. To understand the immediate opposition of the Prime Minister, it's important to examine ​​Israel's past experience with the international forces stationed along the border. Indeed, examination of the history of these forces show its continuous failures in many aspects, and that every time they encountered determined enemy forces, their primary concern was self-defense.

Another failure relates to the withdrawal of troops due to the mandate they got, at the request of the hostile force. A well known example of this is the removal of UN troops from Sinai in 1967 by the then Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser led to the Six Day War. Another example is the decision of the American President Ronald Reagan to withdraw its Marines forces from Lebanon in 83, following the terror attack perpetrated by Hezbollah Corps headquarters in Beirut.

It is important to emphasize that the UN force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) failure to prevent the smuggling of weapons south of the country and stop the construction of extensive terrorist infrastructure and the spread of terrorist activity in the face of fierce opposition to Hezbollah. And when Hamas took power in Gaza in 2007, international forces who supervised the Rafah border crossing between Egypt and Gaza have decided to suspend their operations.

I am more curios to know if you have a more practical suggestion, and not only for Gaza, but a complete road map for the entire peace process. You may start with Gaza first if that's easier tho. smile.png

TBH it's about time Israel put this whole Hammas /Gaza thing to bed once and for all, muscles need to be flexed.

Could you please elaborate what in your opinion would be the solution? What does "muscles need to be flexed" mean exactly?

#BDS

BDS has been a FAILUREclap2.gif

BDS has been active on college campuses since 2005, with the divestment campaign being central for the past five years; in the last 10 years or so, there has been zero financial success on the university level in the divestment campaign.

http://www.cameraoncampus.org/blog/bds-failures-continuously-amassing/#.U-TnJuW7ffI

The failures of the Israel boycotters
The various campaigns by British BDS groups have been noisy and sometimes messy, but in practical terms, they have been a complete failure

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/1408/the_failures_of_the_israel_boycotters

ANOTHER epic Israel-boycott failure as BDS groups use Israeli tech to build websites

http://www.trendingcentral.com/another-epic-israel-boycott-failure-bds-groups-use-israeli-tech-build-websites/

Come on, UG! Why did you do that when he seemed to enjoy himself so much!?!?

Couldn't you just let the demonizer keep on treading water? clap2.gif

Don't be right, be smart... wai.gif

TBH it's about time Israel put this whole Hammas /Gaza thing to bed once and for all, muscles need to be flexed.

Could you please elaborate what in your opinion would be the solution? What does "muscles need to be flexed" mean exactly?

It means he thinks the Israeli's are pussy footing around and need to kill more people...a lot more. Wipe out Hamas, wipe out Gaza is what he appears to be saying. I wonder how much more collateral damage that would entail?

It means he thinks the Israeli's are pussy footing around and need to kill more people...a lot more. Wipe out Hamas, wipe out Gaza is what he appears to be saying. I wonder how much more collateral damage that would entail?

Although you might be right, gentlemen usually allow another Gentleman to answer before breaking in I believe. We all have our opinions, please give him the chance to elaborate his opinion first. 

While we are at it, talking about opinions, I am also very curios about your sincere opinion, GJ.

What do you suggest?
Please specify in detail what would be your road-map for peace.

Although you might be right, gentlemen usually allow another Gentleman to answer before breaking in I believe. We all have our opinions, please give him the chance to elaborate his opinion first. 

I am sure he will write when he is ready. It is none of your business what I write or when I write it. So we all have to wait now do we for people to respond to specific posts before we comment? How long shall we wait? 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week. Maybe he does not want to comment at all. What he does is up to him and the same goes for me. So unless you have an Internet Police badge why are you sticking your nose in?

While we are at it, talking about opinions, I am also very curios about your sincere opinion, GJ.

What do you suggest?

Oooh! And now we get orders.

"Please specify in detail what would be your road-map for peace."

You are not interested at all in what I or anybody else has to say unless it is in line with what you think. Why should I spend my time 'specifying in detail' anything for you at your request. What reasonable debate have you ever offered anyone on here with this subject who has a differing opinion to you. Whatever is written by anyone is normally cast off in one line or two with the standard rhetoric and pi** taking from people who think the entire world are wrong and they are right. Solutions should be discussed with people who show they are prepared to listen and you are no where near that are you. One thing is for sure, If I had one of the worlds most intrusive secret services and the weaponry and intelligence agencies at my disposal as Israel, I would not include as part of my solution the whole sale slaughter of innocent women and children. Perhaps you can find my ideas for a solution if you find my posts where I am communicating with people who display a reasonable attitude to debate. Go and look if you are that interested.

Edited by GentlemanJim

I am sure he will write when he is ready. It is none of your business what I write or when I write it. So we all have to wait now do we for people to respond to specific posts before we comment? How long shall we wait? 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week. Maybe he does not want to comment at all. What he does is up to him and the same goes for me. So unless you have an Internet Police badge why are you sticking your nose in?

Seems to me you were the one sticking your nose in. I believe I asked him uptheos a question, not you, and you answered instead of him.

Yesterday you were twisting written facts, now you are twisting reality. Funny glasses you got, mate.

What do you suggest?

Oooh! And now we get orders.

"Please specify in detail what would be your road-map for peace."

You are not interested at all in what I or anybody else has to say unless it is in line with what you think. Why should I spend my time 'specifying in detail' anything for you at your request. What reasonable debate have you ever offered anyone on here with this subject who has a differing opinion to you. Whatever is written by anyone is normally cast off in one line or two with the standard rhetoric and pi** taking from people who think the entire world are wrong and they are right. Solutions should be discussed with people who show they are prepared to listen and you are no where near that are you.

Orders? Ohh, you seriously need help.

• Like 1

Seems to me you were the one sticking your nose in. I believe I asked him uptheos a question, not you, and you answered instead of him.

Yesterday you were twisting written facts, now you are twisting reality. Funny glasses you got, mate.

If you are that touchy about who responds to your posts, perhaps you ought to send him a private message. 

Edited by GentlemanJim

Noam Chomsky ... "a Jew himself" ... now that settles it! facepalm.gif

No it does not,If it settles anything is only that he is a Jew,

but it does illustrate that there are opposing views to yours in both sides of the divide, and that not all Jews are of the same mindset.

I am really disappointed in you Jingthing, as a member of an oppressed minority , I would think you would be a little more sympathetic toward an other, but I guess, at the very least, one good thing come out of it, your attitude serves to illustrate that gay people are just like every one else.  Some good , some bad, some smart some stupid, some compassionate,others not, in an other word, just human.

How does this illustrate anything both sides of the divide?

And how about coming up with some clips of dissent from Palestinian/Arab/Muslim sources?

The "he's Israeli/Jew and he says so" thing gets old.

He probably won't, Morch, so I will do it on his behalf smile.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KakxXN5Z-XI

And here YOU are answering for someone else, yet chastising me for doing the same. And you are saying I seriously need help! Blimey!

If you are that touchy about who responds to your posts, perhaps you ought to send him a private message. Now can you cease the bickering.

I didn't send PM because I think everyone else would be interested in uptheos elaboration to his own post, not only me.

I am not touchy at all, I made a decent request from you, then another one and you chose to attack me for each, instead of making a decent reply, which is directly related to our debate here.

I am very open to honest opinions and constructive ideas.

Admittedly I am  not really open for lies and biased misinterpretations of reality. If the facts are horrible, then so be it, present them exactly as they are, but be balanced and honest. That's my moto. Credibility, for me, comes before anything else.

People have to differentiate between opinions and facts. You are the one who was using "it's well documented" terms on your personal opinions, not me.

As for the quote you made, I was not really answering for him, rather answering for myself. This was a post I was going to make anyway at that moment, but it just connected well to Morch's previous post. I could easily just write "Here is one such example that I have seen, Morch".

When I said you need help, I was talking about the request I made for your opinion, which you called "giving orders". I didn't say "you need help" for your reply on uptheos post. So that was you being overly touchy.

There was a funny post here the other day - "pot, this is kettle, over". Would have been appropriate in your case.

By the way, You do realize, I hope, that our posts are completely OT and the mods are going to wipe the floor with them shortly.

Shalom? Salaam? (if you know what this really means) smile.png

If you are that touchy about who responds to your posts, perhaps you ought to send him a private message. Now can you cease the bickering.

I didn't send PM because I think everyone else would be interested in uptheos elaboration to his own post, not only me.

I am not touchy at all, I made a decent request from you, then another one and you chose to attack me for each, instead of making a decent reply, which is directly related to our debate here.

I am very open to honest opinions and constructive ideas.

Admittedly I am  not really open for lies and biased misinterpretations of reality. If the facts are horrible, then so be it, present them exactly as they are, but be balanced and honest. That's my moto. Credibility, for me, comes before anything else.

People have to differentiate between opinions and facts. You are the one who was using "it's well documented" terms on your personal opinions, not me.

As for the quote you made, I was not really answering for him, rather answering for myself. This was a post I was going to make anyway at that moment, but it just connected well to Morch's previous post. I could easily just write "Here is one such example that I have seen, Morch".

When I said you need help, I was talking about the request I made for your opinion, which you called "giving orders". I didn't say "you need help" for your reply on uptheos post. So that was you being overly touchy.

There was a funny post here the other day - "pot, this is kettle, over". Would have been appropriate in your case.

By the way, You do realize, I hope, that our posts are completely OT and the mods are going to wipe the floor with them shortly.

Shalom? Salaam? (if you know what this really means) smile.png

I  hope he Mods do delete the lot, you should never have started in the first place. All you had to do was wait for the answer from the person concerned and ignore the rest. At no point did I attack you - show me! For the last two days I have had to put up with your silly thinly veiled attacks about the term 'Gentleman' - quite immature dont you think? As for the quote made - you were really answering for him, you said "He probably won't, Morch, so I will do it on his behalf", how much clearer can it be. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! Now if a Mod would be kind enough to delete the last 10 posts I would be most grateful.

The road map to peace would be the Palestinians having equal rights to their Israeli cousins including the right to return.

Imagine Netnayahu giving them back the West Bank for starters including all the settlements and the new roads and infrastructure.

The next step might be Israel allowing UN inspectors in to Dimona to check out their nuclear programme to ensure Iran and others it was for electricity generation only.
  • Like 2

What about the 55%?

three%20rats1.jpg

I certainly would recommend all members to check out PMW (Palestinian Media Watch) to see exactly what message is being pumped out every day on Palestinian TV. To do so is to understand exactly why there can be no open borders between Israel and Palestinian Territories until the current generation who have been damaged by hate propaganda gives way to the next, we are talking decades at the least if such 'insane' content was stopped today.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

#BDS

350,000, that's kind of a pitiful number isn't it? I always laugh at those boycotts, they started that in Bahrain, Coke, McD's, KFC, etc. when the U.S. and friends invaded Iraq in 2003. I told them if they really believed in Allah, they would also boycott western medicine products and equipment, western educated doctors, and stop driving those big ass Chevy SUV's. Unfortunately, they never went for it.

What is your answer I wonder? What do you suggest? What is the course of action that needs to be taken to achieve peace? Please specify your road-map for peace. I am seriously curios to know your answer.

Obviously, there is no simple solution. Indeed, there is no overall solution, just the enabling of a scenario which is less awful than others.

It starts with kids. When a child is born, it has no prejudices, no agenda, no religion, no fanaticism. All that becomes molded - mostly by parents, but also by a plethora of others and outside influences. If all newborns could be taken to a safe nurturing place where they could be brought up without hate-filled indoctrination, that would be a start. But alas, not remotely possible in the Middle East.