driverless cars in LOS soon ?

3NUMBAS

Couldn't be any more dangerous than most of the drivers on the roads now ,they seem to drive without a brain so might as well do away with the rest of the body

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

I understand that driverless cars use really sophisticated sensors - GPS, radar, even video sensors to figure out where they're going and what's around them.. and I have travelled abroad and seen how good roads can be, with well maintained markings, consistent lane widths, smooth surfaces, predictable traffic etc. 

But, have you actually seen Thai roads? How do all those sensors still work when they get completely fouled up with soot or dirt (depending on where you live in TH) within just a few KM's driving? How do they work when it's hard enough as a human to understand where the road goes next (e.g. any roadworks detour)?

Do you still think this is even remotely viable in TH?

Edited by IMHO

How well do they work in tunnels or going under overpasses, or riding on the secondary roads underneath the toll way for example? My GPS has breaks with all of those circumstances, and even in really heavy weather conditions which is also an issue.. I'd hate to be cruising down the highway reading my texts and suddenly the GPS goes out without warning due to interference, sounds nasty to me, no thanks, I'll keep my hands on the wheel thank you..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1