Pit Bulls attack almost kills a woman

Lite Beer

You keep on making bold statements don't you ! All you need to do is accept my offer to meet and I will also take you to the house of the kids. It's as simple as that really ?

Don't go mate- he might set the dogs on you!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Read the paper, Pitt bulls and Rottweilers cause a disproportionate number of deaths, and please note it isn't a newspaper article, it's a academic paper from the CDC.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Mine were big babies. It is how you train them. Not rocket science.

• Like 2

You keep on making bold statements don't you ! All you need to do is accept my offer to meet and I will also take you to the house of the kids. It's as simple as that really ?

He does seem very eager to meet but I've already told him I wouldn't want to.

On my second reading of his fable, it sounds even more ridiculous. How he can expect anyone with half a brain to believe this beats me. 

Read the paper, Pitt bulls and Rottweilers cause a disproportionate number of deaths, and please note it isn't a newspaper article, it's a academic paper from the CDC.

If I were a lion tamer with a couple of adult lions and a tiger and decided to be your next door neighbour, assuring you that they were 'big babies' would you be happy? It is after all how you train them, as you say.

He does seem very eager to meet but I've already told him I wouldn't want to.

On my second reading of his fable, it sounds even more ridiculous. How he can expect anyone with half a brain to believe this beats me. 

I wasn't posting to those with half a brain - but I guess I can't stop them reading and posting childish comments !

• Like 1

If I were a lion tamer with a couple of adult lions and a tiger and decided to be your next door neighbour, assuring you that they were 'big babies' would you be happy? It is after all how you train them, as you say.

I'm talking about dogs, not circuses or random trolling nonsense.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 2

oh and finally for those that love pulling stuff off the net here is the supreme court ruling that upheld the decision there was no genetic evidence that any dog was more dangerous than another solely because of its breed  http://www.dontbullymybreed.org/StopCourtRuling.php  enjoy which set the precedence to fight BSL in other states and other countries such as Australia.clap2.gif

Do you workout and have tattoos by any chance?

Well I do try and keep in good shape as I don't drink. I swim a lot and occasionally go to the gym and I have a tattoo. That must make me by definition then a sub human, moronic violent thug right? like all pit bulls are killers, all Muslims are terrorists, all Irish people are drunks and all expats are old, poor deviant pensioners that prey on young bar girls correct? It amazes me how many simple minded people love to try and paint these mindless generalisations into broad brush strokes so that "all" of us fit into one small box or category that makes it easy to hang a label on someone. The world is far more complex than that mate but I appreciate you trying some deprecating humour at my expense. Water of a ducks back champ but thanks for your scintillating input on this subject and your expert analysis of my character. Cheers.

LOL, you be telling me you like  The Boot Boys, No Remorse and A.C.A.B  next!

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=skinhead+with+pitbull&espv=2&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=KRDeU8CpJMm5uASY-oLwBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1008&bih=452#q=pitbull%20skinhead&tbm=isch

On a lighter note I gotta pay that, very funny stuff. Mate I am an Aussie who has been living in Thailand for 15 years the last person I saw that even resembled a skin head was in the '80's. I didn't even think there were skins any more and especially not a subclass called pitbull skins. I am sure however that the logo that I use as my avatar that comes from a legitimate company in the U.S would be thrilled to know how their label has been misappropriated. What sort of nazi would live in Thailand have a Thai wife and 2 half Thai children anyway? You however seem very knowledgeable on skinhead culture, music and lifestyle you sure you don't have a pit bull?  

We recognize third part countries of more progressed countries as they don't have laws or they aren't good applicated. How many more death before they enforce laws prohibiting the most dangerous type of dogs or force dogs owners to put them muzzles !

• Like 1

I'm talking about dogs, not circuses or random trolling nonsense.

I have 4 dogs and a cat. If my neighbour had a pit bull that was not kept tied up 24/7 I'd complain as they are potential killers(if not trained properly). If he had a large cat, it would be the same. I see them both as dangerous animals.

It's not a hard question, let me rephrase it -  would you be happy if your neighbour  had a lion or tiger which wasn't kept tied up or in a cage if he assured you it was not a danger?

Oh F... it I couldn't help myself, because this is Thailand specific. 150 people are killed by falling coconuts every year so you are 60 times more likely to be killed by a palm tree than a pit bull. So I want to start a killapalmtreetoday website. Natural born killers those damn coconuts.

Would one of your pitbulls attack somebody that was trying to physically cause you harm?

Serious question.

Serious answer would you believe me if I said no? Look at the other posters on here that have tried to say not all bullies are bad or share stories. They have been called liars, irresponsible, and it would only be a matter of time before their dogs wounded, maimed or killed someone. So really what would be the point. I will say that in 3 generations of my family owning and breeding A.B.P.T's I have never seen one scratch, nip bite or incident in all those years. Little lone someone being seriously hurt so there's my answer. 

• Like 1

Would they have bitten somebody that attacked you?

Oh F... it I couldn't help myself, because this is Thailand specific. 150 people are killed by falling coconuts every year so you are 60 times more likely to be killed by a palm tree than a pit bull. So I want to start a killapalmtreetoday website. Natural born killers those damn coconuts.

Would one of your pitbulls attack somebody that was trying to physically cause you harm?

Serious question.

Serious answer would you believe me if I said no? Look at the other posters on here that have tried to say not all bullies are bad or share stories. They have been called liars, irresponsible, and it would only be a matter of time before their dogs wounded, maimed or killed someone. So really what would be the point. I will say that in 3 generations of my family owning and breeding A.B.P.T's I have never seen one scratch, nip bite or incident in all those years. Little lone someone being seriously hurt so there's my answer. 

So bottom line is that you won't answer that question, right?

PLEDGE TO Become informed about this issue.

This pledge closed 7 months ago

HOW THIS WILL HELP

. This is well above the average of 60 percent from 2005 to 2012.

As the pit bull population rises, more human fatalities ensue. During the last eight-year period (1991-98) that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studied fatal attacks by breed, pit bulls were estimated at 1 percent of the U.S. dog population. Pit bulls killed an average of three people per year.

The pit bull population has since grown to 4 percent. During the most recent eight-year period (2005-12), pit bulls killed an average of 19 people per year.

If the current rate of fatalities inflicted by pit bulls continues, 33 Americans will lose their lives to pit bulls by the end of 2013.

DogsBite.org is a national dog bite victims' group dedicated to reducing serious dog attacks. We urgently bring this information to your attention.

DogsBite.org is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity organization.

Why do pit bulls kill more Americans than all dog breeds combined?

The founder of DogsBite.org explains this clearly in an editorial published by the Orlando Sentinel, "Banning pit bulls saves lives and protects the innocent"

"The threat from pit bulls results from the combination of the animals' inclination to attack without warning — an essential trait of fighting dogs — and the type of injuries that pit bulls typically inflict.

Most dogs bite and retreat, but pit bulls have a hold-and-shake bite style, and tenaciously refuse to stop an attack once begun.

Often a pit bull releases its grip only when dead — the trait dog fighters describe as being 'dead game.'"

Please take a moment to read the editorial to learn about an issue that results in thousands of people hospitalized annually with "severe" injuries and in worst case scenarios, "mauling" injuries, involving maiming, loss of limbs and death.

Important Materials to Review:

Understanding the different levels of dog bite injury and fatality statistical data is critical when navigating the national debate about dog bite injuries and dangerous dog breeds. 

2013 Dog Bite Fatality Victims:

Learn more about each of this year's dog bite fatality victims. This pledge campaign will be updated as new deaths occur in 2013 due to devastating dog bite injury. 

1. Betty Todd, 65-years old - Killed by her son's pet pit bull. 
  2. Christian Gormanous, 4-years old - Killed by his neighbor's chained pit bull
  3. Elsie Grace, 91-years old - Killed by her son's two pit bulls 
  4. Isaiah Aguilar, 2-years old - Killed by his neighbor's chained pit bull 
  5. Ryan Maxwell, 7-years old - Killed by a pit bull while visiting family friends
  6. Daxton Borchardt, 14-months old - Killed by his babysitter's two pet pit bulls
  7. Monica Laminack, 21-months old - Killed by her family's pet pit bulls 
  8. Tyler Jett, 7-years old - Killed by his neighbor's two pit bull-mix dogs 
  9. Claudia Gallardo, 38-years old - Killed by a property owner's pit bull 
  10. Jordyn Arndt, 4-years old - Killed by her babysitter's pit bull 
  11. Beau Rutledge, 2-years old - Killed by his family's pet pit bull 
  12. Rachael Honabarger, 35-years old - Killed by her family German shepherd
  13. Pamela Devitt, 63-years old - Killed by a pack of loose pit bulls 
  14. Carlton Freeman, 80-years old - Killed by four roaming pit bulls

The absolutely most relevant post made so far on this thread.

Who owns or trains these killers is of little use or help to the

14 humans listed above, and it will certainly do little to save

the further numbers of poor people to be murdered by these

evil vicious beasts. 
Note !!!  "In the first  5 months of 2013, pitbulls inflicted 93% of all dog bite fatalities"

That alone just about says it all.       facepalm.gif

And for you winstonc do you seriously consider the above facts to be

a week weak argument?       facepalm.gifcheesy.gif

Whilst it is indeed a tragedy that 13 people were killed in 2013 by dogs. And I truly hope that this lady goes on to make a full recovery.

Lets put a bit of perspective to things. How many people were killed in the same period by lunatics with firearms ?

Serious question.

Strange, my golden retriever,schnauzer, and 2 stupid little toy dogs would attack anybody that was trying to harm me, including members of my family.

Sorry, I don't believe you.

oi oi oi lol, I used to like some of that music:)

Don't expect an answer.

Sure would, and rightfully so! Faithful dogs, mans best friend, steps in to protect his owner.

[quote name="starky" post="8196159" ]
 [/quote]
Well I do try and keep in good shape as I don't drink. I swim a lot and occasionally go to the gym and I have a tattoo. That must make me by definition then a sub human, moronic violent thug right? like all pit bulls are killers, all Muslims are terrorists, all Irish people are drunks and all expats are old, poor deviant pensioners that prey on young bar girls correct? It amazes me how many simple minded people love to try and paint these mindless generalisations into broad brush strokes so that "all" of us fit into one small box or category that makes it easy to hang a label on someone. The world is far more complex than that mate but I appreciate you trying some deprecating humour at my expense. Water of a ducks back champ but thanks for your scintillating input on this subject and your expert analysis of my character. Cheers.
 [/quote]

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=skinhead+with+pitbull&espv=2&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=KRDeU8CpJMm5uASY-oLwBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1008&bih=452#q=pitbull%20skinhead&tbm=isch
 [/quote]
On a lighter note I gotta pay that, very funny stuff. Mate I am an Aussie who has been living in Thailand for 15 years the last person I saw that even resembled a skin head was in the '80's. I didn't even think there were skins any more and especially not a subclass called pitbull skins. I am sure however that the logo that I use as my avatar that comes from a legitimate company in the U.S would be thrilled to know how their label has been misappropriated. What sort of nazi would live in Thailand have a Thai wife and 2 half Thai children anyway? You however seem very knowledgeable on skinhead culture, music and lifestyle you sure you don't have a pit bull?  [/quote]

I didn't mention Nazis :)
Take a look down Pattaya way and you'll see skinheads.
No but I have a Thai Bankaew dog that is excellent at catching snakes. Edited by Johnniey

The dogs should be put down immediately and the owner charged with aggravated assault.....plus pay compensation to the woman. 

To keep one vicious dog in a poorly secured area is bad enough, but 6! 

6???? Problems reading?w00t.gif

There were 4 and previous report said lightly injured and owner is a cop who was hospitalized, so dogs were not fed since Wednesday(no mention of which week or month) 

Previous report also states dogs climbed the fence.

Owner should also be charged with animal cruelty

The reply was to the OP which clearly says 6 dogs of which 4 attacked. Whithout any knowledge of other accounts those are the figures that can be clearly seen if you have no problem reading.

If the dogs have been badly treeted then I agree with you the owner should be charged with animal cruelty and banned from keeping dogs for a long while.

Do you even read the article? Besides the fact that you have decided to use the daily mail as a source ( far from the worlds most reputable news source) it clearly states the media's favourite dog bias term a pit bull "type" dog. Clearly you didn't read it and comes back to the common problem that most attacks attributed to the A.P.B.T aren't even pit bulls. Many of these attacks were done by mastiffs or many of the bully breeds or crosses thereof but it doesn't have the cachet that savage pit bull terrier does. You and many others that are so hateful to the breed could take the following test perhaps http://fox2now.com/2013/02/06/poll-can-you-spot-the-pitbull/     and see how you go. Coming from the kill 'em all brigade though I am guessing you would like to see them all put down. Funny how most of the bigotry comes from people that have never known associated or had any real contact with an A.P.B.T and only run off what the hear in a biased media and their own prejudices.

• Like 2

Do you even read the article? Besides the fact that you have decided to use the daily mail as a source ( far from the worlds most reputable news source) it clearly states the media's favourite dog bias term a pit bull "type" dog. Clearly you didn't read it and comes back to the common problem that most attacks attributed to the A.P.B.T aren't even pit bulls. Many of these attacks were done by mastiffs or many of the bully breeds or crosses thereof but it doesn't have the cachet that savage pit bull terrier does. You and many others that are so hateful to the breed could take the following test perhaps http://fox2now.com/2013/02/06/poll-can-you-spot-the-pitbull/     and see how you go. Coming from the kill 'em all brigade though I am guessing you would like to see them all put down. Funny how most of the bigotry comes from people that have never known associated or had any real contact with an A.P.B.T and only run off what the hear in a biased media and their own prejudices.

Not long ago, a study in the US showed most dog bites came from dalmations and really hyper other dogs that wouldn't first come to mind. Annihilating a particular type of dog due to people's ignorance and misunderstanding is not necessary. Dogs are man's best friend. Often the pet is a reflection of its owner; see a kid's traits/behavior and it usually resembles how they were raised by their folks...... Some real trolling haters on here on a bitter hateful Monday for some reason...at least you're making sense!

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 2

[/quote]

[/quote]
On a lighter note I gotta pay that, very funny stuff. Mate I am an Aussie who has been living in Thailand for 15 years the last person I saw that even resembled a skin head was in the '80's. I didn't even think there were skins any more and especially not a subclass called pitbull skins. I am sure however that the logo that I use as my avatar that comes from a legitimate company in the U.S would be thrilled to know how their label has been misappropriated. What sort of nazi would live in Thailand have a Thai wife and 2 half Thai children anyway? You however seem very knowledgeable on skinhead culture, music and lifestyle you sure you don't have a pit bull?  [/quote]

I didn't mention Nazis smile.png
Take a look down Pattaya way and you'll see skinheads.
No but I have a Thai Bankaew dog that is excellent at catching snakes.

My apologies johnniey thumbsup.gif  what self respecting white supremacist then? Skins in Pattaya really? I can't see why the would want to come here sort of goes against the whole white supremacy philosophy doesn't it? or are you just talking about all people with short hair and tattoo's?

Pedro are you saying that it's not good to stare at a dangerous looking dog? 

I was told to pick the leader and stare at him until he backs off.

Staring at dogs is a challenge. So looking at a dog that would normally ignore you is escalating things with the dog. This will be made worse if the dog is on what he considers his territory.

Staring at all dogs you pass will pretty much guarantee that they at least growl or bark at you and the braver one's may attack.

Dogs are bullies basically, if you show confidence, that you are not scared but also that you do not want to take their space - the bullies will back down. Basically don't challenge them but don't show that you are scared of them. They can't "smell fear" but they can read your body language.

So basically - don't go around staring at the leader of a pack of dogs unless you want to be dog food.

BTW - I'm a keen cyclist in Thailand and learnt this the hard way. It really does take some bottle to ignore dogs - as you feel you won't see them attack - but it really is the best thing to do.

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1

this guy has the right idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lK7zBqr1mQ

This is a guy that will get attacked by dogs.

He is right that you should not run. In fact, if you are a runner (or cyclist) - when you go past dogs it is best to slow right down.

As per my previous post - dogs are bullies - so it is true that his shouting and posture will make most dogs run. 

Then there's the dog that doesn't run.... At this time, he's escalated things to the point where braver dogs will attack him. He is taking the fight to the dog - great for bully dogs, not so great for dogs that are willing to go toe to toe.

You just need the confidence to do walk past them and act as if they aren't even there - they won't bother with you.

Saying that - there was a woman lives by me being attacked by a dog and I did exactly what he did - made a lot of noise, raised my arms and the dog ran off. 

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1