1 year overstay

Hi all!

I need help .. i  overstayed my ED visa and next week i will go to Cambodian border to clean my mess..

Question ?: what i need to pay beside 20k ? what visa can i get to re-enter ( as soon as possible ) to  Thailand ? ( get tourist visa and after re enter to TH make new ED ? ) Can be done  all this Cambodian travel  in withing 1 day?

anyone been in the same situation ? If yes plz share ..

thanks

The answer is probably nobody knows for sure.

I would leave via the airport.

Leave as soon as possible (they haven't started blacklisting over-stayers yet).

They don't let people in that do visa runs or abuse the visa system. So take into account that there's a high chance you'll not be allowed back in the same day/week/month.

Edited by kriswillems

Yep, as soon as I read your OP, I'm thinking leaving via the Airport.

Tell me why do most of these members with these style issues have only 1 post and joined within the last hour ...  whistling.gif

One of life mysteries that we may never solve.

• Like 1

You will the maxim fine of 20k baht. Nothing more is needed.

I don't suggest you do it at a border crossing. The best way is to fly out.

You will not get a tourist visa in one day in PP Cambodia, It can take up to 4 days to get it unless you an agent.

I suggest you go to Vientiane for your visa. It is apply the morning of one day and get it back the next afternoon.

If you can't do it by air the crossing at Nong Khai on the way to Vientiane is more friendly for overstays than others.

• Like 1

This may ring a bell ...

All this new talk of blacklisting people on long overstay has brought out people I thought were all OK visa wise.

A British friend has just told me he is on overstay over a year.

He had some cash flow problems which are nearly sorted.

He has been offered a good position with a work permit.

Holiday pay and health insurance etc.

He has a full passport so needs to go back to the UK to get a new one, as if he stays here to get it it will take too long and he will pass the deadline of 12/09 2014, and return to start work December.

He is looking to fly out the 2nd or 3rd of Sep.

I have told him to get out now but he is tied to those dates for whatever reason.

What are his chances of getting out then with just paying the 20,000 fine and getting to come back Dec ? Cheers

If you have family why not get an O visa?

Very bad idea to leave at a land border with such a long overstay.

No visa can be gotten the same day other than the 30 day VOA.

You have bigger balls than I if you try to come back in the same day you left with an overstay. You are begging to be put in jail. Edited by BKKSnowBird

Tell me why do most of these members with these style issues have only 1 post and joined within the last hour ...  whistling.gif

Why do some posters feel the need to reply to every post even when they are newcomers and obvious haven't a clue yet about life in Thailand.

i would like to hear overstay story about cambodian border , not by air.. dont ask why .. for me this will be easier and i need rush cuz want to go back to my family thats all

Why dont you listen to the information people are giving you ?

forget a land border, you need to fly out and sort this out or run the risk of being banned from Thailand and you will not be rushing back to your "family"

• Like 2

i would like to hear overstay story about cambodian border , not by air.. dont ask why .. for me this will be easier and i need rush cuz want to go back to my family thats all

I deeply Understand getting back to you family.

Like other says, if I was you I don't want to get stocked in a country and denied entry to Thailand again, so leaving via the Airport it's a good options to be sure, cause no reports about problems. Travel to Laos and try to get a new visa. If your are married bring the prober papers to a non o and extend it here in Thailand.

If you want to run the Cambodia border, let's here how it go, so other people can hear about it.

Good luck

Why do some posters feel the need to reply to every post even when they are newcomers and obvious haven't a clue yet about life in Thailand.

Sawan Chan7 ... are you talking to me ...  blink.png

Well, this thread about an illegal over-stayer, who we are trying to assist to quietly and efficiently exit the Kingdom is turning out to be a riot.

PS ... also penned by a member who joined less then a week ago ...  whistling.gif

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

cant go home beacuse its plus 40k anyway thank u guys who try to help me

im woman so i want to find the easiest way for myslelf   and ,yes im illegal overstayer but not becacuse i was lazy to pay so plz dont judge me

i will go by van from pattaya

2,000 baht instead of 1 way ticket home at 22,000 baht approx???

Fine right up to the moment the OP is denied possible entry back into Thailand and is now marooned in some shithole in Laos Cambodia or Timbuktu....

Do the job properly. Clear the overstay fly home and reapply for a Visa few weeks down the line.

Whilst I'm speculating I'd say he may well clear the Overstay at the Border (maybe) but he sure as hell aint coming back in via same route one to three days later

There was a recent report of some people on overstay not being allowed to exit Thailand at a Cambodian border and being told to go to the airport since the overstay rules were in place.

• Like 2

Is you family Thai. If yes you have other options for visas.

You are not gong to get a visa in one day anywhere. I don't suggest you just try to get visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

cant go home beacuse its plus 40k anyway thank u guys who try to help me

im woman so i want to find the easiest way for myslelf   and ,yes im illegal overstayer but not becacuse i was lazy to pay so plz dont judge me

Don't have enough money.

• 2 weeks later...

cleared 1 years overstay and got double entry tourist visa in Lao.

my question is : i have 60 days    until october 12 ..so need visa run before (get 60 days )after go at the immigration twice (get 30-30 days ) extension right?

And if i want to change my tourist visa to non -o visa should i go out the country or go the immigration with documents ?coffee1.gif

• Like 1

No, first extend tourist visa at immigration for 30 days, fee Bt 1,900.

After, do a border hop, then extend again.

To convert tourist to non-imm. you can try at immigration, however not all do it.

Edited by paz