Municipal Officer alleges assault by food vendor at Pattaya Port

webfact

Municipal Officer alleges assault by food vendor at Pattaya Port

vendor-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Saturday Night a Municipal Officer, who is responsible for monitoring and maintaining security and order at the Bali Hai Port in South Pattaya, was allegedly punched in the face by a food vendor who was told to move-on.

Khun Wichar aged 55, who works as a Security Officer for Pattaya City Hall, spotted a Fruit Vendor who decided to stop his cart in front of the Port entrance. This contravenes local regulations and Khun Wichar approached the vendor and told him to move on.

The conversation became heated and the officer was allegedly punched several times in the face and struck with a piece of wood before other officers arrived. The vendor, known as Khun Wor, aged in his thirties, was able to run away but his cart was seized and taken away to City Hall.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/137343/municipal-officer-alleges-assault-by-food-vendor-at-pattaya-port/

[pattayaone]2014-08-04[/pattayaone]

They do seem to think they have a right to their patch.....

Mind you, sometimes they have paid for it...........

Most space in car parks and around major shops seems to get rented out in Thailand and one struggles to get in and out and park!

Fruit cart mafia strikes again..... If the fruit guy throws you a beating like this, imagine what the taxi guys will do.

It would be nice to see the condition of the fruit vendor. "Throwing a beating" does not make one immune from being beaten themselves.

I'm glad the officer wasnt seriously injured and hope the fruit vendor is brought to justice.

Tutti frutti, all rooty!

A wap bap a loo bap a wap bam boom!

I got a fruit cart, named Daisy

It always drives me crazy!

This guy came along telling me what to do,

I beat him up, ran away, now Daisy is gone, too!

Tutti frutti, all rooty!

biggrin.png

• Like 2

I have to wonder why in stories such as this, the whole story is not here but a link to the source is here and when you bother to open that link you find that only one sentence was left off the end???? Why not copy and paste the entire story rather than leave out ONLY the last sentence????

Obviously because the original publisher of the report gives ThaiVisa permission to re-publish it on the condition that the original is linked to by TV.

I have to wonder why in stories such as this, the whole story is not here but a link to the source is here and when you bother to open that link you find that only one sentence was left off the end???? Why not copy and paste the entire story rather than leave out ONLY the last sentence????

Obviously because the original publisher of the report gives ThaiVisa permission to re-publish it on the condition that the original is linked to by TV.

Ahh, thanks, never thought of that.