Need Multiple Entry Permit With Non Imm O?

Greetings,

I was told that a non-immigrant O visa is canceled when re-entering Thailand, if I do not have a multiple entry permit in addition to the visa. A non-immigrant O visa is not enough to allow me to go in and out of Thailand. It just allows me stay here. I will need to get a multiple entry permit in addition to the non-immigrant O visa.

Is this correct?

thanks,

-q

Greetings,

I was told that a non-immigrant O visa is canceled when re-entering Thailand, if I do not have a multiple entry permit in addition to the visa. A non-immigrant O visa is not enough to allow me to go in and out of Thailand. It just allows me stay here. I will need to get a multiple entry permit in addition to the non-immigrant O visa.

Is this correct?

thanks,

-q

Are you either married to a Thai, or 50 or more years of age ? Your present location and nationality might help too.

What exactly do you have? A single entry O visa? A multi entry O visa? Neither? On what basis was visa issued? Are you on an extension of stay?

Basic is that a single entry allows only a single entry unless you obtain a re-entry permit (which would allow another entry and stay up to original 90 day exit time). Visa would end if you exit without the permit.

A multi entry visa would allow multi entries up to 90 days each during the life of the visa with no re-entry permit required.

If on extension of stay your extension will end if you leave without a re-entry permit.

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am 48. 

I am not married to a Thai.

I am a U.S. citizen.

I am living in BKK.

-q

Without investing 3 million baht, the system doesn't accommodate you yet. Sorry to be a wet blanket. :o Are you going to go back to visit the USA soon ?

I don't understand.  I already have a non-immigrant O visa. 

My question is about the multiple entry permit.

Then you should have said so. You can only border hop while ever the visa is valid. You are ineligible for a multiple re-entry permit yet. When your present Non O expires, you need to get another multi. After that, you'll be eligible to extend on the basis of retirement. No more border hopping then.

I am not sure how he got a multi-entry O in the first place?

He is not married to a Thai.

A Single Entry Non-imm O normally gets you stamped for 90 days that the airport.

During that 90 days you apply to immigrtation for a re-entry permit, but you are still limited to the initial 90 days in total

At the end of 90 days you can usually get another month in extensions,

then out you go.

If you have a Multi-Entry Non-Imm O this allows you to leave and come back as many times as you like, for the period of the visa (usually 1 year).

Max visit time on each stay is 90 days.

Does that help?

Without investing 3 million baht, the system doesn't accommodate you yet. Sorry to be a wet blanket. :o Are you going to go back to visit the USA soon ?

Sorry to break in, but can you elaborate on the 3 Million Baht investment, please?

Do you have to start a company, or is investment in Real Estate (Condo) also ok?

Any more info?

I plan to buy a Condo in Jomtien for a little over 3 Mill, would that ease my Visa process?

Sunny

I am still unclear about what to do.

1. Do I have to get a re-entry permit from Suan Plu every time I leave the country to protect the visa from getting cancelled?

2. Do I have to get one multiple entry permit that lasts for the duration of the visa?

2. On the visa, it says, "Good for multiple journeys" What does this mean? Does this negate the need for a permit?

3. The stamp I got when going through immigration says I only get 30 days. I thought I was supposed to get 3 months when I came back in with this visa.

thanks,

-q

I am still unclear about what to do.

1. Do I have to get a re-entry permit from Suan Plu every time I leave the country to protect the visa from getting cancelled?

2. Do I have to get one multiple entry permit that lasts for the duration of the visa?

2. On the visa, it says, "Good for multiple journeys" What does this mean? Does this negate the need for a permit?

3. The stamp I got when going through immigration says I only get 30 days. I thought I was supposed to get 3 months when I came back in with this visa.

thanks,

-q

Where and when did you get the multiple O visa. Has that visa ever been extended in Thailand ?

Without investing 3 million baht, the system doesn't accommodate you yet.  Sorry to be a wet blanket.    :o  Are you going to go back to visit the USA soon ?

Sorry to break in, but can you elaborate on the 3 Million Baht investment, please?

Do you have to start a company, or is investment in Real Estate (Condo) also ok?

Any more info?

I plan to buy a Condo in Jomtien for a little over 3 Mill, would that ease my Visa process?

Sunny

Where are you located right now, and what is your nationality ?

Astral he doesn't need to be married to get a multi-entry O
True if he has another valid reason but he is not answering on what basis or where he got it. From fact just mentioned he only received a 30 day stamp it seems visa may be invalid but until he gives more information we can just guess. I gave him basic info on travel in my first post. Now two days later he 'mentions' he only received a 30 day stamp. Obviously we don't have the whole story.

Astral he doesn't need to be married to get a multi-entry O
True if he has another valid reason but he is not answering on what basis or where he got it. From fact just mentioned he only received a 30 day stamp it seems visa may be invalid but until he gives more information we can just guess. I gave him basic info on travel in my first post. Now two days later he 'mentions' he only received a 30 day stamp. Obviously we don't have the whole story.

Far from it Lop. His answers are contradictory too. Phom mai kow jai. :o

Greetings,

Thank you for your responses. I apologize if I was unclear or confusing. I was kind of confused myself.

My question seemed to be more than I could handle, so I took all my documents to a professional who deals with visas. They pointed out that the stamp issued at the airport did not make any sense at all. Neither date was correct. In face, the date of entry was March 19, which hasn't happened yet.

They told me to go to immigration at Suan Plu and they would correct the stamp without any problem. They told me where to go and who to talk with in immigration, they wrote a note in Thai explaining the problem, and offered to send a staff member with me.

-q

Without investing 3 million baht, the system doesn't accommodate you yet.  Sorry to be a wet blanket.    :o  Are you going to go back to visit the USA soon ?

Any more info?

Sunny

Austria, Austrian Nationality.

47 Years old.

Thanks!

Sunny

Any more info?

Sunny

47 Years old.

Thanks!

Sunny

Contact the Royal Thai Embassy

Cottaggase 48

1180 Vienna

Tel (43 1 ) 478 3335 478 2729

Tell them you want to invest 3 million baht, and they should be able to send you an information sheet, and a visa application form.

There are Thai Consulates in Salzburg, and Dornbirn that may be handier for you.

Greetings,

I wanted to share what I learned:

1. Apparently many "stamping" mistakes are made when coming through immigration at the airport (or elsewhere). I never noticed it before, but, on the first floor of the immigration office at Suan Plu, there is a window for correcting these errors. It is on the right when you walk in, just before the place that makes copies.

2. You do not need a mulitple entry permit if you have a non-immigrant O visa with "multiple journey".

-q

I forgot to mention one other fact that I found interesting:

The entry stamp identifies the officer who stamped the passport (each stamp contains information which identifies the officer). This way they can figure out who made the mistake. I guess they can use the information for other things as well (such as internal fraud).

In the future I will check the stamp at the airport to avoid this kind of inconvenience.

-q

I forgot to mention one other fact that I found interesting:

The entry stamp identifies the officer who stamped the passport (each stamp contains information which identifies the officer). This way they can figure out who made the mistake. I guess they can use the information for other things as well (such as internal fraud).

In the future I will check the stamp at the airport to avoid this kind of inconvenience.

-q

ALWAYS check your arrival stamp. As you say, lots of mistakes are made, and if you spot one, they'll correct it there and then.

Any more info?

Sunny

47 Years old.

Thanks!

Sunny

Cottaggase 48

1180 Vienna

Tell them you want to invest 3 million baht, and they should be able to send you an information sheet, and a visa application form.

There are Thai Consulates in Salzburg, and Dornbirn that may be handier for you.

Was at the Embassy in Vienna last week, and they did not know what to do with my Question. Told me about Working Permits, and Retirement Visa.

Well, I like to explain my situation in more Detail:

I am Born Summer 1956 in Vienna. Austrian Nationality. Presently living there.

I plan on moving to Thailand, this summer.

Although I have a Girlfriend in Thailand, I do not want to marry, at least not yet, and especially not in a situation I might be forced to marry her because of Visa.

So I would rather opt out the Marriage Visa possibility, if possible.

I saved some money, about 350 000 US-$.

Apart from this cash, I own a nice House in Vienna, Valued around 500 000 US$ Market price, as of recent. This house cannot be rented away now, as inhabited by my Mother.

I plan to live in Thailand on Interest plus a Yearly income (though this would be hard to certyfy on Paper) of currently US-$ 5000, this sum is very likely to Double within the next few Years.

I definitely want to work, start my Company, and do something to keep me busy as well as augment my income in Thailand. Just have not found the right spot and the right Business Idea now. I rather research for some while and wait for the right moment, than say invest in a Beerbar ;-)

I know perfectly that my plan is by no way foolproof, that the available Cash is not enough to keep me fed and bedded until my demise, but I made my decision after one or two Years carefully thinking about it.

(Maybe I should add that my current Job Situation at home is very unstable, and it definitely won't be easier for me to find a well paid Job in Vienna in my field at my age than it would be elsewhere ....)

By the Age of 60 or 65 a Pension would kick in to augment my income, hard to tell how much, probably around 1000 US $ a month, seen from present.

I am buying a Condo in Jomtien / Pattaya, signed the Contract already, price is 3.080.000 Bt, this Condo is being built now, have made some part payments already, condo is expected to be ready to move iin sometime next Spring.

As I can see I have the following Options:

1.) Make (Tourist) Visa Runs for 2 Years, then apply for a Retirement Visa, or start a Company and be granted a B Visa in case I start Business before turning 50. As I understand, starting a Business (with Investment) after having been granted a Retirement Visa is no big Deal.

2.) Get some Kind of Visa (For investment in the Condo) on Investment. How are the terms for this? Especially as I have the contract, but of course not fuly paid up. I will have the Condo paid up full at completion, so in more than one Year.

Austrian Embassy in Vienna was not very helpful, maybe someone here in Thailand has more info on exactly what to do in my case?

Thank You a lot!

Sunny

Any more info?

Sunny

47 Years old.

Thanks!

Sunny

Cottaggase 48

1180 Vienna

Was at the Embassy in Vienna last week, and they did not know what to do with my Question. Told me about Working Permits, and Retirement Visa.

Well, I like to explain my situation in more Detail:

I am Born Summer 1956 in Vienna. Austrian Nationality. Presently living there.

I plan on moving to Thailand, this summer.

Although I have a Girlfriend in Thailand, I do not want to marry, at least not yet, and especially not in a situation I might be forced to marry her because of Visa.

So I would rather opt out the Marriage Visa possibility, if possible.

I saved some money, about 350 000 US-$.

Apart from this cash, I own a nice House in Vienna, Valued around 500 000 US$ Market price, as of recent. This house cannot be rented away now, as inhabited by my Mother.

I plan to live in Thailand on Interest plus a Yearly income (though this would be hard to certyfy on Paper) of currently US-$ 5000, this sum is very likely to Double within the next few Years.

I definitely want to work, start my Company, and do something to keep me busy as well as augment my income in Thailand. Just have not found the right spot and the right Business Idea now. I rather research for some while and wait for the right moment, than say invest in a Beerbar ;-)

I know perfectly that my plan is by no way foolproof, that the available Cash is not enough to keep me fed and bedded until my demise, but I made my decision after one or two Years carefully thinking about it.

(Maybe I should add that my current Job Situation at home is very unstable, and it definitely won't be easier for me to find a well paid Job in Vienna in my field at my age than it would be elsewhere ....)

By the Age of 60 or 65 a Pension would kick in to augment my income, hard to tell how much, probably around 1000 US $ a month, seen from present.

I am buying a Condo in Jomtien / Pattaya, signed the Contract already, price is 3.080.000 Bt, this Condo is being built now, have made some part payments already, condo is expected to be ready to move iin sometime next Spring.

As I can see I have the following Options:

1.) Make (Tourist) Visa Runs for 2 Years, then apply for a Retirement Visa, or start a Company and be granted a B Visa in case I start Business before turning 50. As I understand, starting a Business (with Investment) after having been granted a Retirement Visa is no big Deal.

2.) Get some Kind of Visa (For investment in the Condo) on Investment. How are the terms for this? Especially as I have the contract, but of course not fuly paid up. I will have the Condo paid up full at completion, so in more than one Year.

Austrian Embassy in Vienna was not very helpful, maybe someone here in Thailand has more info on exactly what to do in my case?

Thank You a lot!

Sunny

Ask the Embassy and those Consulates for the information on investment visa's, or apply for a multi entry Non-Immigrant B visa to enable you to set up your own concern.

Aplogies if this question is obvious but where does one get the "Multiple Entry/Journey" part of a Non Imigrant O Type Visa. Is it when the visa is first issued outside Thailand or at Immigation in Thailand. Thanks.

Are you presently on a one year extended stay visa ?

Hello Dr Patpong,

Thanks for your quick response. actually I am here in Taiwan right now where I am working. I plan to go to the Thai Consulate in Taipei next week to apply for a Non Immigrant Type O Visa on the grounds that I am married to a Thai, I have the necessary paperwork ready. I plan to come back to Thailand for a 10 day break over the Sonkran Holidays and if at all possible need to secure the "Multiple Entry/Journey" part of the visa at the same time. Any advice you could give would be most welcome. Thanks again.