Need recommendation: PC repair

kap

Guy in the wheel chair... um what's his name? On the road by the auction on East Pattaya Soi Chaiyapreuk 2, Jomtien, Fluent English, and really very very good. 

He's great. Sunny? Is that his name? 

0868359925 - here's his number - highly recommended.

Edited by boldface

Pattaya 2 U, located on the corner near the Tukcom Parking lot.  300 THB, plus parts, guaranteed repairs 

086-778-8589, 089-109-9801, 081-159-4404

Are they still 300baht? Last time I asked at their "reduced" presence in Tucom (I presume it is part of the one you mention as has same staff, logo etc) I was told price now 500 baht minimum?

Pattaya 2 U, located on the corner near the Tukcom Parking lot.  300 THB, plus parts, guaranteed repairs 

I'll second that. Very good service. I went there many times. He was in Tukcom before, no changed the location as described,

Are they still 300baht? Last time I asked at their "reduced" presence in Tucom (I presume it is part of the one you mention as has same staff, logo etc) I was told price now 500 baht minimum?

Call and ask since I can't be positive that they still charge only 300 THB, which was not a minimum but their maximum labor charge per incident

Sunny does not charge you to look at the computer by the way. 

He is one of the Father Rays lads, and is very good. He needs the work to be honest, and what he managed to achieve is to be applauded in Thailand. If you are on the dakr side or Jontiem, then give him a call. 

500 thb is their fixed charge now + parts etc whistling.gif

• Like 1

I'll second that. Very good service. I went there many times. He was in Tukcom before, no changed the location as described,

They charged me 200 baht once, and never switched the computer on, which I noticed when I checked the system log. They said they couldn't fix it, but it would have been nice if they had turned it on and had a look. It had been there for several days and no one had even bothered to contact me. It wasn't a lot of money, but rather annoying to be scammed though.

I go to IT City for my repairs. At least you know no one is scamming you.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

+1 for Wanttana and you can park your car/truck next to the shop (for free).

This but I may try out this Sunny fella if he does house calls

Might be tough - he's wheelchair bound. If you can take it to his shop. He's a great guy and well worth supporting. 

Part of the problem is that he goes by several names. I know him as Naelon and first used him when his shop was in the small shopping strip on Klang going towards Suk after Big C (Carefour). He then moved to Chaipuk to a showroom near the Sukumvit intersection, but has since disappeared

Kap: where are you located?  I've found some techs that come to your house for not much more than what you'd pay if you took it in yourself.  Saves a lot of time and aggravation! 

I'm in Jomtien...

I have used Liberty Computers (located on 3rd Road, near to Big C side entrance but on opposite side of the road).

They got me out of jail a few years back when I had an IBM Thinkpad. It crashed and I had very limited work backup. Initially tried Wattana, who were an IBM dealer at the time, but they could not help - not sure how hard they tried, to be honest.  

Noticed an advert for Liberty and went to them as a last resort. They sorted me out, saved most of my data and set this up on a new HD. Have used them since and always found them helpful with sensible prices.

Needless to say, regular backups are now a way of life for me!

Part of the problem is that he goes by several names. I know him as Naelon and first used him when his shop was in the small shopping strip on Klang going towards Suk after Big C (Carefour). He then moved to Chaipuk to a showroom near the Sukumvit intersection, but has since disappeared

On the road by the auction on East Pattaya Soi Chaiyapreuk 2, Jomtien, Fluent English, and really very very good. 

He's great. Sunny? Is that his name? 

0868359925 - here's his number - highly recommended.

Turn left from Suk onto Chaiyapreuk 2. ABout 50 meters on the right hand side - he's in there. 

Software or hardware issue?

I'm not sure if the problem is hardware or software related.

Perhaps you can try to describe the problem. It's no good if you pay people to install and run hacked software to your system. You end up not being able to do the most simple maintenance for yourself.

If it is a software problem, you should learn how to do it yourself.  Including how to not install Crapware to your system.

They charged me 200 baht once, and never switched the computer on, which I noticed when I checked the system log. They said they couldn't fix it, but it would have been nice if they had turned it on and had a look. It had been there for several days and no one had even bothered to contact me. It wasn't a lot of money, but rather annoying to be scammed though.

is that the one upstairs at tuk com?

is that the one upstairs at tuk com?

Yes, IT City is on the top floor. I buy most of my stuff there as I always seem to find good deals. Back in June I bought a computer at IT City at Pantip Plaza in Bangkok. I had a problem with it and immediately swapped it for another model at IT City at Tukcom when I got back down here. I like buying stuff from the big companies because you're not getting scammed by small guys looking for extra personal profit. The staff really don't care if you buy or not.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1