US actor Robin Williams found dead

webfact

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP

He always looked depressed to me. I can't understand why so many comedians suffer from depression.

Interesting.

I totally CAN understand why comedians are prone to depression. I'm not sure I can explain it though. For some insight into this, perhaps watch the t.v. "comedy" show LOUIE. It features a lot of material about depressed and even suicidal comedians.

In the 1980's I literally "ran into" Robin Williams on the streets a few times (solo, without entourage, already very famous), on Folsom Street SF, South of Market (daytime). Not sure what he was doing there. Don't even remember what I was doing there, but do remember him. Quite hairy! Apparently once named the Godfather of Hollywood Hairiness.
Yes, beyond the hair, there was indeed something very special about Robin Williams! (An amazing talent.)

" I totally CAN understand why comedians are prone to depression. I'm not sure I can explain it though."

Yes John Cleese suffers also but the most open one to talk about it was Stephen Fry , who even made a BBC documentary about his problem

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/stephen-fry-the-secret-life-of-the-manic-depressive/

I watch Stephen Fry myself as well. As sometimes his documentary helps people to understand my my problem.

Not a bipolar, but major depressive disorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Speechless!

I hope he has gone to the good side of "What Dreams May Come!"   sad.png

Yes -  a superb movie that deals with the suicide of his wife - it was released on netflix last month - well worth a look - 

http://youtu.be/CYonzhFT_z4

Speechless!

I hope he has gone to the good side of "What Dreams May Come!" sad.png

Yes - a superb movie that deals with the suicide of his wife - it was released on netflix last month - well worth a look -

Another one of my favorite as well. Always dream to have someone who loves me that much

• Like 1

Mrs Doubtfire is one of my all time favourite movies. His talent were unique and everyone just loved him.

RIP

How's about Jack? Patch Adams? It's uncountable of his movies we all love, eh?

That's very powerful PS, but I think that most people would not want to remember him that way, I doubt that he would have wanted that either.

In that vein, here's some older footage of Robin with his mentor, in happier times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqEKvk9F4I

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning Thailand.

I hope it have nothing to do with Hungry Ghosts.

What a great lost.

I really like that movie, especially Chintara Sukapatana (Trinh).

Chintara is still on channel 3, a big TV star, though I guess in her early or mid 50s now plays a mother figure on I forgot which program?  She got quite overweight and has had trouble keeping the weight off, like a lot of us.

Edited by keemapoot

I watch Stephen Fry myself as well. As sometimes his documentary helps people to understand my my problem.

Not a bipolar, but major depressive disorder.

If you like Stephen Fry also here he is with Robin Williams.   It's hilarious because Robin Williams steals the interviewlaugh.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=39ya2Drpj3s

• Like 2