Did a runner 7 weeks ago. Did not hand in work permit

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last school was so slack..I didn't get any waivers at all. So it's a clean slate with them. New job, new Province.

.... I hope.

Anyway. Just booked a return flight to Phnom Pehn for next Saturday. Return Sunday. I might to do a little drama about "Oh my God...I forgot my re-entry permit!I just popped over to Cambo for my brother's wedding! Do I have to re apply for a new Non B now?"

Or will they just stamp the 30 day in my passport and shove me along?

So it's all sorted. Thanks for the help guys. I'll post the final outcome when/if I return next Sunday.

One final off topic question ... Does Savannakhet do Non B visas? Just to play it safe..I'll fly out again and return overland.

Go to Savannakhet and get a double entry tourist visa. Apply in the morning and picket up in the afternoon. No questions asked or anything at the consulate.

I don't know for your case but for me the Immigration in Mukdahan seems very nice, they even helped me when I came to the office 5 min after closing time!

If you don't want to be doing a border hop again. Get a tourist visa. They CAN be changed to a non B in Bkk the 30day entry stamp can't.

But you would have to change your flight. It's a two day process.

YES, a 30 visa exempt entry can be changed to a Non-B at Immigration, as long as you have at least 15 days remaining validity.

No problems re-entering.

They can be strict when you apply for a new work permit at the labour office.

when my gf got her new wp for a new company they asked for the letter saying the old wp was canceled which is issued form your old employer.

Man up an do it right.

by doing a runner ur giving Farangs a bad name.

• Like 2

If you don't want to be doing a border hop again. Get a tourist visa. They CAN be changed to a non B in Bkk the 30day entry stamp can't.

But you would have to change your flight. It's a two day process.

YES, a 30 visa exempt entry can be changed to a Non-B at Immigration, as long as you have at least 15 days remaining validity.

Really!!! Ok

No problems re-entering.

when my gf got her new wp for a new company they asked for the letter saying the old wp was canceled which is issued form your old employer.

Man up an do it right.

I would if it was practical. Problem is I'd be hit with a 20,000 Baht overstay fee and banned from Thailand for God knows how long. Something I'm trying to avoid.

No problems re-entering.

Man up an do it right.

I would if it was practical. Problem is I'd be hit with a 20,000 Baht overstay fee and banned from Thailand for God knows how long. Something I'm trying to avoid.

You will not be banned as you are under 90 days. But you may have to to pay the 500b per day. That's all presuming that your old extension has been canceled.

could you go to the Director directly:

Explain, bow, scrape and Cheese grin...

And Laos is a nice place to visit - take it easy...

This new job is great.. but it's through a crappy agent. He dragging his arse with the paperwork for my new Non B. I told him I'm leaving for Laos this Sunday to get a Tourist visa as I am very nervous about my current situation. Then I would do another trip back to laos when he finally got it all together. (Just waiting on a signature from the school director .. but he's too gutless to hassle him about it)

So this is my plan...

Fly to Phnom Pehn on Saturday and fly back Sunday with a 30 day stamp. Go to Laos within 30 days with my paperwork for my new Non B.

How does that sound?

[quote name="Mario2008" post="8234398" timestamp="1407844846"

No problems re-entering.

Man up an do it right.

Yes, some of us work hard so we have a good reputation. Then some people do things like a runner and we all get bad reputations!

At a school of a friend of my they hired 3 foreigner teacher for this semester. The school payed for their visas, waivers from TCT and work permits and had it all done before the school start in May. And when the school started non of the foreigners showed up for work!

I can tell you that they are now blacklisted at the school district office, they will not approve those foreigners to teach at any government schools in that province!

I do hope you know what you did was wrong. And not just always trying to find easy way outs to the problems. You won't get far, one day you will end up with no options.

Do the right thing. Show up at the old school, say you were kidnapped. "I'm back." cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Someone, anybody!! Please tell me why I jump through hoops (and I agree, they're stupid hoops, but hey LAWS ARE LAWS whether they're the same as my country or not) when people like this OP poster are on this website, openly admitting their wrongdoing and then ask for a "quick fix", are the cause of the laws that I follow to the tee, are then ammended to make my LEGAL situation more tedious and difficult.

• Like 1

*UPDATE*

Be a man and go and get the letter from your old school, you will feel better after getting the letter.

OK. So I just did that. I worked for them for 4 years so I figured it was worth a shot. Just picked up the letter today. They cancelled the extension and work permit on the 14th of this month. 8 days ago. My new employer will have my paperwork ready for a new Non B at the end of this month. I will go to Laos the 31st of this month.17 days overstay x 500 Baht = a 8500 Baht Fine. I'm one lucky bugger I guess.

Question 1... Will a 17 day overstay affect me getting a new Non B in Vientiane?

Question 2... If/when I get the new Non B will the overstay affect me getting a new work permit?

Question 3... If I fly to Savanaket, will they even notice I'm on overstay. Do they check a database at the airport?

Edited by Fullstop

One more question...

If the useless agency I work for has not got the Non B paperwork ready by August 31... can I exit Thailand at Koh Kong Cambodia and pop back the next day and get a 15 day stamp? I have no Tourist visas or 15/30 day stamps in my passport at the moment. Only 4 years of Non B extensions.

One more question...

If the useless agency I work for has not got the Non B paperwork ready by August 31... can I exit Thailand at Koh Kong Cambodia and pop back the next day and get a 15 day stamp? I have no Tourist visas or 15/30 day stamps in my passport at the moment. Only 4 years of Non B extensions.

One more question...

I would suggest that you leave and re-enter now with a tourist visa even better a double entry one.

That will minimize any possible fine and infraction, will give you plenty of time to obtain Letter of approval for Work Permit. You might even be able to convert to Non-imm B in Bangkok.

One more question...

If my agency (boo hiss) has not got my Non B paperwork together by August 31... Can I exit Thailand at Koh Kong Cambodia and re-enter the next day and get a 15 day stamp without problems?

Then go to Laos 15 days later...

One more question...

If my agency (boo hiss) has not got my Non B paperwork together by August 31... Can I exit Thailand at Koh Kong Cambodia and re-enter the next day and get a 15 day stamp without problems?

Then go to Laos 15 days later...

If you're from a G7 country you are allowed 30 days at a land border. However when the prospective is to stay long time in Thailand for any reason including being legally employed, it is not a good idea, and one should get a tourist visa instead.

So.... any problems re-entering Thailand via the Koh Kong, Cambo border with a 17 day overstay and getting a 15 day stamp?

This is just in case the agency delays with the Non B paperwork. Gives them another 15 days to get their act together. Then I can go to Laos.

No funds till the end of the month.

No funds but you're still overstaying to increase the possible fine ?

Also... no tourist visas or 15/30 day stamps in my passport at all. Doesn't fit the profile you are suggesting.

That is now, let us know after 2nd or 3rd re-entry. All I'm saying you should be prepared for the worst case, you want to count on your employment agency, good luck then.

So I should leave now with no funds? No funds for travel? No funds for the Cambo visa and no funds for the fine?

Can I borrow your magic wand? lol

I will receive a months pay at the end of this month. Another 7 days.

Edited by Fullstop

So I should leave now with no funds? No funds for travel? No funds for the Cambo visa and no funds for the fine?

Can I borrow your magic wand? lol

Sorry to know you're in this situation, I think your actual problem go well beyond the matter at hand, good luck really.