Tourist numbers in Thailand increase by 22.7% in July

webfact

The BKK Post currently has an interesting article relating to this matter, In which they are reporting that numbers for July are way down.

Yes because it has been edited. TAT announcements are NOT edited.

Your statement does not really make sense.

The figures are from the Thai Department of Tourism Information site itself and compiled by Thai Immigration Police.

Take a look for yourself. When you do open the site just click on the Exel icons next to the months .

http://www.tourism.go.th/home/details/11/221/23044

Someone is giving conflicting stories.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BKK Post currently has an interesting article relating to this matter, In which they are reporting that numbers for July are way down.

The figures are from the Thai Department of Tourism Information site itself and compiled by Thai Immigration Police.

Take a look for yourself. When you do open the site just click on the Exel icons next to the months .

TAT are known to distort for their own end to justify their jobs, Immigration figures include visa runs-cross over shopping -immigrant workers -transits

Tourism should be should be listed only as incoming tourists.

Bkk post may take into consideration feedback from readers etc.

It's all a game, maneuvering of numbers.

I was having a joke about the way stories get to the public--entirely different.

• Like 1

no, just reporting different numbers.

The 22.7% is the June 2014 to July 2014 increase. Means nothing by itself

The -11% which you see in their own table is the year on year change.

In June it was down 24% Y/Y so I guess you could argue that -11% is an improvement.

Or you could just say that the real number (which counts to a business) is -11% and it s?cks.

• Like 1

I was in Pattaya at the end of July and it was pretty much deserted apart from Saturday afternoon at Central Mall ,when it was packed .....with Thais

There is another thread about Tourism being down 10% from last July. For sure we are going to see an increase now with an honest Government but unfortunately many people had already committed them selves to other vacation hot spots for this time of the year. The high season is where we will see a real increase in tourists as a lot of them have not committed them selves to other places.

Some times as I walk around Chiang Mai I could swear that it is high season I see so many tourists. But it can be just the area I walk in. It would be interesting to see the comparison between this year and last year here in Chiang Mai.wai.gif