What is min. salary for me

If you will be applying for an extension of stay based upon employment by a company it is 35k baht.

For teaching and certain other jobs there is no minimum salary.

To get a work permit there is no minimum salary.

Do you plan on applying for a permission to stay extension based on employment?

Yes in future.

And i wonder but heard already both versions 50k and 35k

If 35k means less tax. Which is good for me if i join gf company... less costs..

Yesterday one working polish guy told me poland is on 35k.

There is no distinction between East- and West European countries. Nationals from a European country must have an income of 50,000, with he exception of Russians, who have a minimum income requirement of 35,000.

There is and i saw table. If i find it i will post it.

There was estern europe category 35k

Western euro 50k

Poland is in EU so i always thought its 50k

But recentely it appears to me its 35k

Less tax.

You are right, I missed it.

1. Countries in Europe (except Russia) and Australia, Canada, Japan, the United States of America

50,000 baht/month

2.South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong

45,000 baht/month

3. Countries in Asia (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore,

Taiwan. Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam) and South America, countries in Eastern Europe, countries in Central America, Mexico, Russia, and South Africa

35,000 baht/month

4. Countries in Africa (except South Africa), Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam

25,0000 baht/month

Under 3. countries in Asia is Eastern Europe.

There is no distinction between East- and West European countries. Nationals from a European country must have an income of 50,000, with he exception of Russians, who have a minimum income requirement of 35,000.

Here u go. I saw it on different site but was same thing.

http://www.thailandredcat.com/the-minimum-wages-for-foreigners-working-in-thailand/

50,000 Baht/month: Western European Countries, Australia, Canada, Japan, and USA

45,000 Baht/month: South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong

35,000 Baht/month: Asian Countries, South America, Eastern European Countries, Central American Countries, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa

25,000 Baht/month: African Countries, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam

Yes in future.

If 35k means less tax. Which is good for me if i join gf company... less costs..

Difference between 35k per month and 50k per month is 14k per year tax. (Bt.13500 vs Bt.27500).

• Like 1

http://www.thailandredcat.com/the-minimum-wages-for-foreigners-working-in-thailand/

50,000 Baht/month: Western European Countries, Australia, Canada, Japan, and USA

35,000 Baht/month: Asian Countries, South America, Eastern European Countries, Central American Countries, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa

I would guess it's the countries east of Poland. And not an EU country. It's not really geography when people talk about east or west countries in Europe. Not that long ago East Germany was an Eastern European country. And Finland has a long border against Russia, but nobody say they are an Eastern European country.

I would guess it's the countries east of Poland. And not an EU country. It's not really geography when people talk about east or west countries in Europe. Not that long ago East Germany was an Eastern European country. And Finland has a long border against Russia, but nobody say they are an Eastern European country.
I think its old not updated rule.

its same in laos my lao visa is 30 usd

And other EU countries 35 usd

Eastern Europe is like ex URRS and the countries East of Italy around Grece and Turkey, probably Poland is on the line but this is about the GPD, south america and south africa have similar prices for same job positions, but so much less than the old Europe, North America, and Australia and NZ, Russia is not a rich country as many of the countries in Eastern Europe, there are many jokes about that.

These rules are about the quality of life, developed countries are expected to have more expenses in Thailand like drinking that stupid Evian bottles xD were undeveloped can drink from the pipe, just joking, the same about the homes, or personal space what they don't want is people surviving or living under the line. there is no country for poor, sick or ugly people, so that estimations are about the minimum to get happy and beautiful people making his contributions to the Thai Culture.

Edited by ITGabs

Nothing will suprise me after i went to spain and i was asked by immigration if i got visa.

I was suprised and said i dont need one poland is EU.

He had to look on his files before handing me my passport back. Oh i think he got embarrased so he start checking its real or fake passport..

Nothing will suprise me after i went to spain and i was asked by immigration if i got visa.

I was suprised and said i dont need one poland is EU.

He had to look on his files before handing me my passport back. Oh i think he got embarrased so he start checking its real or fake passport..

That does surprise me, the Poles have a great reputation in southern Europe.

I think its old not updated rule.

its same in laos my lao visa is 30 usd

And other EU countries 35 usd

The extension rules have only just been updated and the salary vs. country list remains the same.

My bet is that Poland as an EC country would now be regarded by most as being part of Europe and therefore it's citizens subject to 50,000 THB.

The list says Europe excluding Russia; which is not in the EC, but then neither is Belarus or Ukraine which are both west of Russia, but described as Eastern European.

The buck will stop with your local Thai Immigration who will probably make their own decision, which could I guess go either way, or would be based on their own local decision making history.

Try asking someone at your local immigration and they could well 'change their minds' at a later date.

You could try after you get your 90 day non 'b' to go for a 327/2557 Case 2.1 extension 30 days before your admitted until date, with your Work Permit stating a salary of 35,000 and with PND 1's for your first three months month's salary tax and records of your social insurance payments against 35,000 THB income. If immigration bumps you, it only will cost you 1,000 THB to amend your Work Permit to 50,000 THB and you can go and pay back taxes and social to raise your salary to 50,000 THB.

Perhaps the easiest option however is to have 35,000 THB in your WP, but pay tax and social on 50,000 THB for the first three months before you go to extend. If they say it's only 35,000 THB then you just drop your payments, if they say it's 50,000 then get you WP amended to a salary of 50,000 THB for 1,000 THB and re-apply.

Edited by digitalchromakey
  • Like 1

1. Countries in Europe (except Russia) and Australia, Canada, Japan, the United States of America

50,000 baht/month

2.South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong

45,000 baht/month

3. Countries in Asia (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore,

Taiwan. Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam) and South America, countries in Eastern Europe, countries in Central America, Mexico, Russia, and South Africa

35,000 baht/month

4. Countries in Africa (except South Africa), Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam

25,0000 baht/month

Under 3. countries in Asia is Eastern Europe.

Man....this numbers must be at least 15 years old. The European Economy is not what is was then... most european countries have lesser GDP (PPP) then Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea.. but I forgot... if you are white and from europe... you must be rich bah.gif

• Like 1

The regulations that are being discussed here don't say that Russia is an eastern European country so why should Finland be considered one for these purposes?

The regulations that are being discussed here don't say that Russia is an eastern European country so why should Finland be considered one for these purposes?

When you go further easter than Finland and the most western part of Russia, then you are in Asia. Only a part of Russia belongs to Europe.

Yes in future.

Difference between 35k per month and 50k per month is 14k per year tax. (Bt.13500 vs Bt.27500).

And how much be gov insurance? For farang on 35k

And how much gov insurance is for thai employee on lets say 15k...

Thx

I assume you mean social security payments not insurance.

It is 5% of salary up to a maximum of 750 baht per month. I will let you do the math.

Answer copied from my reply where you asked the same question in another topic.

• Like 1