I think it's our problem

Sorry to hear about the *real* loss earlier...

If I am with my Missus, I just chuck my small wallet into her bag... Never any *real* cash in it... just a few K. If I am on my own and need to carry cash around, I always put my wallet in my front pockets.. Not overly worried about pick pockets, but more like your incident at the gallery... If I sit down, the wallet is likely to find it's way out of my pocket...

If I am out 'n about at night, I usually wear jeans, usually fairly tight jeans (i like em 555) and the small wallet goes in the front pocket and I have never had any problems at all.

I think your'e right tho, we tend to blame others, for what really *most* times, is our mistake.... I have lost cash only once, and that was my fault.... let a LB get a bit close when I was a bit under the weather and walking home... learned a very valuable lesson that night.... WEAR JEANS 5555

Edited by winnerinsix

I wonder if you were inspired by Cameron Tringale's amazing display of honesty reported in Yahoo this morning? I'd like to add my tuppence worth.....

After 20 years in the Philippines I was out with my wife & friends in a bar in Angeles City, playing pool and drinking beer (as you do). Just as the OP mentioned, it is my habit to always check my wallet in my back pocket and I suddenly realised mine was gone! We searched the seats, the bar area, the pool area and reported it to the British manager who ordered the staff to search the whole place. I suspected an unkempt individual who had been in, played 2 games of pool, drank one beer and left suddenly (and I said so).... My wife paid the bill from her own pocket but before leaving I had an urgent call to nature & had to run to the toilet. As I pulled down my jeans, my wallet fell out of my waist band into the back of my jeans on the floor.......! I was gobsmacked and relieved all at once.... Then I realised I had all but accused an innocent guy just because of his appearance. Learning that he was a regular, I bought him a beer with the manager for when he came back as an apology because for sure someone was going to tell him about this crazy Brit who'd maligned his character behind his back...... To this day, I still don't know how my wallet migrated from my pocket to my waistband inside my shirt.

I have never carried a proper wallet since been a teenager ... I just fold my money in half ... and inside that half is folded copy of my passport along with driving license, medical card and ATM card. I put an elastic band around that lot and it's kept in my back pocket. Mrs JAS has stitched Velcro across the inside of the top of the pocket ... pretty impossible for me not to notice if someone tries to get in there.

• Like 2

I carry a man bag, small wrighting pad, pen, phone, 7"galaxy tab, Photocopy PP & Visa.

Wallet chained to belt loop with the bike key, 1 photo ID, and cash for the day thats it.

Never lost anything...

Here look ya get these ones from the bike shops

post-216310-1408324291554_thumb.jpg

I don't get why anyone carrys a wallet with all their cards and cash in it.

I don't take my wallet out at all. I'll take what cash I need and maybe an ATM card, why take all your cards out and risk losing them?

• Like 2

Wallet in the back pocket is not my thing, never was not even in the eighties.

I usually carry only things that are easily replaced, no foreign cards.

Never really lost anything for good, but it seems normal put the blame on others. When we learn what really happened we feel right stupid.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't get why anyone carrys a wallet with all their cards and cash in it.

I don't take my wallet out at all. I'll take what cash I need and maybe an ATM card, why take all your cards out and risk losing them?

+1

I have never seen the need to have a wallet when out on the town. When you open a wallet in public you show anyone that is looking what you have in it. Loose notes, spread throughout your pockets works for me!

I actually rate wallets along with key rings, devices intended to collect valuable items so they can all be lost at one time........................thumbsup.gif

Edited by chrisinth

I carry a man bag, small wrighting pad, pen, phone, 7"galaxy tab, Photocopy PP & Visa.

Wallet chained to belt loop with the bike key, 1 photo ID, and cash for the day thats it.

Never lost anything...

You know there's a whole thread on man bags......

• Like 1

Never lost anything...

maybe you can get a " backpack " with a digital safe inside , the you can take your laptop

along as well ...... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Never lost anything...

maybe you can get a " backpack " with a digital safe inside , the you can take your laptop

along as well ...... thumbsup.gif

Heeey that a great idea Snowman "thanks"

Man bag: Strap over right sholder, sits under left arm with belt threded threw the bottom

of the bag. Wallet chain cliped to belt loop, the adverage man bag is only about 8"× 8".

very compact sits nicely under your arm. On the bike Jacket covers it.

To each his own carryinf a wallet at the end of the day.

As a point of interest some years ago I had occasion to visit a chiroprator for a back issue. One of the questions she asked me was if I usually carried a wallet in my back pocket. Apparently this is a known cause of some back pain. The issue comes from sitting on it and the wallet kicking your hips out of alignment and there by causing lower back pain.

Carry mine on the opposite side as the folding money....I buy walking shorts and 3/4 length with one zippered front cargo pocket for the wallet....not always on the same side so have to remember or do the side slap thing to locate......

Only carry wallet - keys - change/folding money - cell phone <> no need for the man giggle.gif purse thing - ever.....

Carrying a wallet in your back pocket comes under the rubric of "asking to be ripped-off."

DJ ... can I call you DJ?

I almost always carry a wallet in my back pocket.

Works for me ...

Glad to hear that it works for you.

I grew up in and around New York City... That's a place where it wouldn't work for anybody.

To each his own carrying a wallet at the end of the day.

As a point of interest some years ago I had occasion to visit a chiropractor for a back issue. One of the questions she asked me was if I usually carried a wallet in my back pocket. Apparently this is a known cause of some back pain. The issue comes from sitting on it and the wallet kicking your hips out of alignment and there by causing lower back pain.

You must be a wealthy man ... mine hardly ever bulges!

• Like 1

I was in Chiang Mai yesterday. I had taken out 2,000 baht before I went to dinner the night before after several people told me it was easy to get ripped off. I had an uneventful dinner and came back to the hotel. In the morning, I knew I had about 5,000 baht to pay the hotel, pay for a taxi to the airport, then a taxi home in Bangkok. I got to the airport and started rooting around in my backpack for where I had stashed the 2,000 baht. I had a friend even help me. The money was nowhere. I wasn't about to blame anyone yet as I was pretty sure no one had been in my room that night, but I have to admit, the thought crossed my mind.

I arrived at Suvarnabhumi and gave up, going to the ATM to get some cash for the taxi. As I was putting the money in my wallet, there was the 2,000 bath. I have absolutely no recollection of putting there, but the proof was in the pudding. It was in my wallet, and only I could have put it there.

• Like 1

I had an elderly friend who drove his car to the shops and when he came back to it, found it was gone. He reported it stolen to the police but they were unable to locate it. Two weeks later he was walking in a street adjacent to where he'd last left the car and saw it parked there, with no signs of damage or break in.
Seems he just forgot where he parked it, although of course he vehemently denied this at the time and insisted it must have been stolen. True story.

Edited by katana

We do. That's the point of the thread.

Get yourself one of these, pictured below. In the States we used to call them fanny packs.

Abroad and in Thailand I never go anywhere without one.

They are sold everywhere in Thailand, come in all sizes, all colours and many styles. Their price ranges from 60 baht up to expensive if you like a trade mark designer model. They come in price ranges and styles to suit all tastes.

post-110219-0-96514200-1408388546_thumb.