Thai Paypal account: link card or account number or both?

I have a Skrill account, linked to and verified with my Thailand bank accounts and one of my Kasikorn credit cards. It is also linked to my Australian accounts.

I can upload funds from my Thailand bank account (I am using Kasikorn, but I know someone who uses it with his Bangkok Bank account). I can then withdraw either to my own accounts in another country, or transfer to someone else's Skrill account for them to withdraw themselves.

Worth looking in to, I found it far better than Paypal for both fees and ease of use

edit to answer the blocking query specifically - I have never been blocked - there are certain security steps you need to go through when adding/verifying accounts, and uploading/withdrawing money. These might seem like a pain, but I don't mind them as I'd rather submit to some verification steps than worry about the security of my funds. Thailand appears as a country choice in the Skrill menu choices. No issue in 2 years using them.

Okay well I certainly will open a skrill account and try it out but I'm wondering why BKK Bank would block paypal but not skrill. Like you said though, worth looking into.

You said that BKK Bangkok blocked you from uploading funds to your US based paypal account. Herein lies your original issue. Paypal cannot be set up with accounts from multiple countries under a single login.

Skrill allows you to upload and withdraw to/from accounts in different countries. Of course you must go through strict verification steps to prove ownership of the accounts, but once done, you have a degree of flexibility which Paypal doesn't offer

Yes that's my original issue and that's why I am now opening a Thai Paypal, in the hopes I could send it to my US Paypal (because I think I can't link a US account with my Thai Paypal).

But you're saying the issue is on Paypal's restrctions not BangkokBank, hence why I can do this with Skrill instead. It's good advice, thank you. I'm giving it a try and will post the results. :)

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

you can only have one PayPal account. I tried what you're doing and they wouldn't let me.

I know people that do not have PayPal now because PayPal found out they had two accounts.

I had a Thai friend of mine open a PayPal account and connect it to her bank. If need be I can send

money to her and she can withdraw, it does take 7 days to go from PP to the bank. But in reverse, I

can give her cash to deposit and she can send me money my PP and from there I can transfer it to

my bank.

If you're thinking you can have two accounts, you will probably get both of them deleted when they find out.

Buddy, go read the Paypal FAQ or send them an email.

Even Paypal staff admit themselves that this is the correct step to do. You can have as many accounts as you want. PERFECTLY LEGAL. Nobody is going to delete your account.

If I have 10 bank accounts in different countries, I will have 10 different paypal accounts where I can transfer to each other. Nobody is going to stop me. biggrin.png

If you read Paypal's terms and conditions (just google it), you can have one personal account, and one business account. I think you can add additional business accounts, but only on approval by Paypal. I believe you are not allowed to send money to yourself (i.e from paypal account to paypal account that you have) for money laundering reasons. Also, sending money to yourself will highlight the fact you have two accounts. If they find you doing it, they will shut all accounts. If you use your paypal accounts for ebaying, they can also shut down all associated ebay accounts, because ebay owns paypal.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

you can only have one PayPal account. I tried what you're doing and they wouldn't let me.

I know people that do not have PayPal now because PayPal found out they had two accounts.

I had a Thai friend of mine open a PayPal account and connect it to her bank. If need be I can send

money to her and she can withdraw, it does take 7 days to go from PP to the bank. But in reverse, I

can give her cash to deposit and she can send me money my PP and from there I can transfer it to

my bank.

If you're thinking you can have two accounts, you will probably get both of them deleted when they find out.

Even Paypal staff admit themselves that this is the correct step to do. You can have as many accounts as you want. PERFECTLY LEGAL. Nobody is going to delete your account.

If I have 10 bank accounts in different countries, I will have 10 different paypal accounts where I can transfer to each other. Nobody is going to stop me. biggrin.png

If you read Paypal's terms and conditions (just google it), you can have one personal account, and one business account. I think you can add additional business accounts, but only on approval by Paypal. I believe you are not allowed to send money to yourself (i.e from paypal account to paypal account that you have) for money laundering reasons. Also, sending money to yourself will highlight the fact you have two accounts. If they find you doing it, they will shut all accounts. If you use your paypal accounts for ebaying, they can also shut down all associated ebay accounts, because ebay owns paypal.

Oh boy, another one.

To make it clear, that is all false information and assumptions.

One does not need to "I think" or "I believe"

Go ahead and send paypal an email regarding this issue. They will reply exactly what I have stated.

It is perfectly fine to have more than one accounts with Paypal, however, only one email per account, and it has to be a different email. As stated before. You can also transfer money from your paypal account to another of your own paypal account. This was recommended to be by the paypal staff themselves.

Stop being so secretive and afraid of account closures when they are all how it should have been, and paypal approved. There is no hiding or fear of account closures.

my bank.

Oh boy, another one.

Go ahead and send paypal an email regarding this issue. They will reply exactly what I have stated.

It is perfectly fine to have more than one accounts with Paypal, however, only one email per account, and it has to be a different email. As stated before. You can also transfer money from your paypal account to another of your own paypal account. This was recommended to be by the paypal staff themselves.

Stop being so secretive and afraid of account closures when they are all how it should have been, and paypal approved. There is no hiding or fear of account closures.

Read the following link from paypal's own website:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ762&topicID=&m=ARA

If I have 10 bank accounts in different countries, I will have 10 different paypal accounts where I can transfer to each other. Nobody is going to stop me. biggrin.png width=20 alt=biggrin.png>

Oh boy, another one.

Read the following link from paypal's own website:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ762&topicID=&m=ARA

You read.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?articleID=FAQ1434&m=SRE&url=https%253A%252F%252Fokminternal.paypal.com%252Finfocenter%252Findex%253Fpage%253Dcontent%2526id%253DFAQ1434%2526actp%253Dsearch%2526viewlocale%253Den_US&answerId=16777216&searchId=1408531006303

Your persistence amazes me. biggrin.png

I have done all the following with experiences. Have contacted paypal personally, and this is what they have advised me. Because each email account could only register with one location "country". A US paypal would be connected with a US account. A Canadian paypal would be connected with a Canadian account. It is perfectly fine, to have as many accounts as you wish in many countries, but the email must be different. You can send money from your US paypal to your Canadian paypal perfectly fine.

Your confusion lies in the sense of the one account only. For example, US paypal will not allow the same bank accounts in the US to be linked to two different accounts. Now that is forbidden.

If you are not aware, hope you are now aware.

Posting of those links, of course, I've seen them before, makes no difference to me. I am not the one asking questions here. I have the information and experience regarding this matter. You are welcomed to send the paypal a message, their reply will not surprise me, but may surprise you.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Skrill account, linked to and verified with my Thailand bank accounts and one of my Kasikorn credit cards. It is also linked to my Australian accounts.

I can upload funds from my Thailand bank account (I am using Kasikorn, but I know someone who uses it with his Bangkok Bank account). I can then withdraw either to my own accounts in another country, or transfer to someone else's Skrill account for them to withdraw themselves.

Worth looking in to, I found it far better than Paypal for both fees and ease of use

edit to answer the blocking query specifically - I have never been blocked - there are certain security steps you need to go through when adding/verifying accounts, and uploading/withdrawing money. These might seem like a pain, but I don't mind them as I'd rather submit to some verification steps than worry about the security of my funds. Thailand appears as a country choice in the Skrill menu choices. No issue in 2 years using them.

Can I ask, how did you pull this one off? Registering a Thai bank account? I can't do that. I did add a debit card (from BangkokBank) but there is no option to add an account that is in Thailand. Only US and territories. I guess this comes from having my account confirmed as a US citizen.

Must say, not impressed with Skrill fo far. I uploaded 2 documents as required and then no indication from the site that it was in queue, it just said I needed to add documentation even though i already did. I sent a customer service email after 2 days of no change, and then a further 2 days later (4 days after documentation submitted and 2 days no response to email), then sent a 2nd customer service email. Another day (5 days from initial documentation) later, today, I called to their number in the UK and got a rep who did approve my account, but still, can't get an option to add a Thai bank account. I can only add an account from US, USVI, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc. Any advice?

Just following up on this . . . I agree that Paypal's exchange rates are horrendous. So that is simply not an option. Western Union might even be better, and for sure Moneygram is.

Since I can't link my Thai bank account directly, I had to link my Visa and am doing a test upload of $50. Moneybookers charges a 2.97% fee, so I can expect to pay $3 for every $100, and $30 for every $1000, which is the amount I will be sending every 2 months. The key is knowing what exchange rates they are going to give.

Since I had to make my first send today, I determined that having Bangkok Bank just send a wire at 1150 THB was cheaper than Monyegram because the MG fee was 1600, not the 600 I thought it was (apparently fees increase as the amount increases). But the bank doesn't increase their wire fees, and they give you their excellent exchange rate, so it behooves you to send the most you can for the same 1150 fee.

In the meantime, I am testing the Skrill method at $50 to see what the total cost is, but unless their exchange rates are VERY close to the banks, it seems their 2.97% fee will make them more affordable only if the amounts are quite small.

• Like 1

So I have a paypal account linked to a bangkok bank account and as yet have not had money transferred to it.I have no problems paying for items using paypal and its debited from bangkok bank but will it block any funds that go into my account being transferred to Bangkok Bank?

Just following up on this . . . I agree that Paypal's exchange rates are horrendous. So that is simply not an option. Western Union might even be better, and for sure Moneygram is.

Since I can't link my Thai bank account directly, I had to link my Visa and am doing a test upload of $50. Moneybookers charges a 2.97% fee, so I can expect to pay $3 for every $100, and $30 for every $1000, which is the amount I will be sending every 2 months. The key is knowing what exchange rates they are going to give.

Since I had to make my first send today, I determined that having Bangkok Bank just send a wire at 1150 THB was cheaper than Monyegram because the MG fee was 1600, not the 600 I thought it was (apparently fees increase as the amount increases). But the bank doesn't increase their wire fees, and they give you their excellent exchange rate, so it behooves you to send the most you can for the same 1150 fee.

In the meantime, I am testing the Skrill method at $50 to see what the total cost is, but unless their exchange rates are VERY close to the banks, it seems their 2.97% fee will make them more affordable only if the amounts are quite small.

I have added a Thai bank account to my Skrill account, but this was years ago when they where called Moneybookers. Since then, they have completed changed their interface, which could be why you are unable to add your Thai bank account. If you do manage to do it, you need to bear in mind that Thai bank accounts charge a set fee for receiving money (around US$5), so it is better if you transfer larger amounts. And when you upload funds, it is best if you do it from your bank account, because you are charged by percentage with credit cards.

I have added a Thai bank account to my Skrill account, but this was years ago when they where called Moneybookers. Since then, they have completed changed their interface, which could be why you are unable to add your Thai bank account. If you do manage to do it, you need to bear in mind that Thai bank accounts charge a set fee for receiving money (around US$5), so it is better if you transfer larger amounts. And when you upload funds, it is best if you do it from your bank account, because you are charged by percentage with credit cards.

Yeah, you're right, and adding from my account just doesn't appear to be possible at the moment. I'll call and ask them though.