Bangkok: First day of wheel clamping campaign nets 80 offenders

webfact

Lets find out if they really mean business or if this is just the same old pig with new lipstick.

Haul in a few of Mrs. Hi-so's Mercs and when daddy big bucks shows up and starts throwing his weight around yelling "Do you know who I am"

is when you will find out if there are any teeth in this

People who can afford it don't need to park illegally. They have drivers that let them off and then look for a parking space.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets find out if they really mean business or if this is just the same old pig with new lipstick.

Haul in a few of Mrs. Hi-so's Mercs and when daddy big bucks shows up and starts throwing his weight around yelling "Do you know who I am"

People who can afford it don't need to park illegally. They have drivers that let them off and then look for a parking space.

Like those ones parking in the handicap spots in Pattaya?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I expected that would be your response.

They were given permission to park there. The store, whose parking lot it was in, has apologized. it isn't really comparable to someone who parks illegally on a public street.

What is the fine imposed for illegal parking, and do you pay for the actual tow vehicle charges ?

Does anybody know ? - just asking

500 Baht near the Khao San Road in BKK a few years back. Yes they had clamps then as well. Maybe my white face got me clamped as there were no markings on the kerb to say otherwise. I was gone about an hour to trade some reading books. Came back, got an official receipt, waited about 15 minutes to get the clamp removed.

This particular solution removes the problem completely and the owner of the vehicle concerned no doubts relates to his friend concerning the penalty he paid for his socially and illegal irresponsible action.

So we are into what is it day 4 of the clampdown. Any updates or have they all been put safely back in the storage shed waiting for the next press release?

IMO, since about Tuesday, I have noticed an increased presence of BIB trying to direct traffic - and it is noticably worse than normal. Anyone else concur?

They were given permission to park there. The store, whose parking lot it was in, has apologized. it isn't really comparable to someone who parks illegally on a public street.

I see, even though they can see the signs on pavement - and could reasonably assume they were put there for a reason, because some shit-scared security guard wouldn't dare stand up to a merc driver, they took it upon themselves to take advantage of the disabled. All Clear.

I see, even though they can see the signs on pavement - and could reasonably assume they were put there for a reason, because some shit-scared security guard wouldn't dare stand up to a merc driver, they took it upon themselves to take advantage of the disabled. All Clear.

Yeh and every time my wife and I see that we curse those drivers out as well, but since the store owns the parking lot, that is their call. It is not a public street. In this case, the store has apologized.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the law pertains to public streets, not privately owned parking lots.

Edited by Old Man River

• 1 month later...

So how is this coming along

..a few weeks on and old habits returning with no clamps or bib in sight...resulting in worse than ever traffic.

Probably the BIB thinks its too much trouble for little payoff to them. Sad because stuff like that really slows traffic down. Same as taxis parking at bus stops .. minivans next to them and then in lane 3 the buss stops and gone are 3 lanes.