Guys that had Filipina girls here on ED Visas, what to do now?

You can piggyback your wife on your retirement extension. If you marry her here, the paperwork is even simpler--you neither have to get a certification from the embassy of the country in which you were married nor the translation thereof, but you still have to get her a non-o visa. Then present the visa, Thai marriage paperwork, fill out the proper forms, and present your retirement extension to immigration; pay B1,900 for her extension, and done.

It may be even simpler, there may be an option to avoid going out of country for a non-O for her--someone else may know better.

Hi,

this is my storie :

I'm arrived in thailand in april 2014 with the 30 days exempt visa, and after apply for the student visa in laos where i get it. Normally i have to extend this visa at immigration but one mistake happen with my visa because my school don't ask me (and i also don't know i have to give her this copy) for the photocopy of my passport with the ED visa after back from laos and for extend this visa 3 month later. They normally give me some document for do it.. so that mean i loose my ED visa and now im in cambodia and back tomorow for 30 days exmpt visa. Tomrow my school will process for a new document for do ED visa in 30 days when i have to go out of the countri.

That is my question :

What is about the new rules for get student visa (requierements, etc..) ?

For apply the student visa still be 2 working days for get it in laos ?

Where is the place more easier for get ED visa ?

Please help me wai2.gif

Thank you in advance.

Mate,

what are you teaching in regards to ED Visa??

I hope its not english???

Barto post # 34

Mate,

I hope its not english???

Mate,

I hope its not English???

It is possible that Luss. is a Bona fide student enrolled and in and in truth actually pursuing a legitimate educational course, hence one can understand the concerns that Luss has

However if Luss is actually working whether it be as a domestic nanny, medical ancillary or a teacher etc. the fact is that they are breaking the law. If the school or perhaps it's an agency who are employing Luss they too are breaking the law.

However if Luss is caught working illegally the penalties they can or may suffer are severe as opposed to the minuscule penalties the employers are subject to and can suffer

I do feel though that I must echo the sentiments of Barto concerning the fact that hopefully that Luss is not an ''English' teacher.''

Let us hope that Luss finds a legal route to their visa status problem.

Edited by siampolee

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I am on a one year extension of stay. If I marry a foreign girl, does that also put her on a one year extension of stay?

Yes, the requirement is that she originally entered on a non-immigrant visa.

If you have a wife she can piggy back on your extension of stay as a dependant, as Paz says she has to enter on a non-o visa and then you can go to immigration with the proper paper work and apply

OK, so I am on a one year extension of stay. If I marry a foreign girl, does that also put her on a one year extension of stay?

Yes, the requirement is that she originally entered on a non-immigrant visa.

If you have a wife she can piggy back on your extension of stay as a dependant, as Paz says she has to enter on a non-o visa and then you can go to immigration with the proper paper work and apply