Prayuth set to be Thai PM

webfact

Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong may get the gig running the military? But I would think the General will hold both positions as The Chief of Military is the most powerful position in Thailand. Plus he should get two pay cheques?

The general has moved the country along, but needs some media training? Can't send media away for two weeks if they ask questions that irritate him.

When is free speech going to be reintroduced? Opposition needs to be an opposition.

Wait CL. let the man settle in and do his job, I do think he could stand up before people/media and answer (non prepared answers as with Yingluck had to have them prepared) he has the guts and knowhow to stand up and give honest answers.

He will give interviews I am sure, but he will not tolerate extremist style ones.

UPDATE:

Thai army chief chosen as prime minister

BANGKOK, August 21, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's junta-picked national assembly on Thursday chose coup leader General Prayut Chan-O-Cha as prime minister in a one-horse race that entrenches the military's hold on power.

Prayut, who ousted an elected government in a bloodless coup on May 22, was backed by 191 members of the 197-strong assembly, with three abstentions and three voters absent.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-08-21

He'll of a surprise if somebody else wins, oops, no other candidates and no dissenters so a shoe in I guess.

Not going to change anything as far as the current situation is concerned, just a different uniform, same person in charge and the general perception of the situation will not change.

But I suppose he will be able to say he was voted in?

UPDATE:

Thai army chief chosen as prime minister

BANGKOK, August 21, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's junta-picked national assembly on Thursday chose coup leader General Prayut Chan-O-Cha as prime minister in a one-horse race that entrenches the military's hold on power.

Prayut, who ousted an elected government in a bloodless coup on May 22, was backed by 191 members of the 197-strong assembly, with three abstentions and three voters absent.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-08-21

Now, if wonder if that was a blind vote. If not 3 possibly 6 are in trouble.