Rubber planters to rally to demand government’s help

Lite Beer

Rubber planters to rally to demand government’s help

8-22-2014-10-04-39-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Rubber planters have planned to rally at the provincial halls of 63 provinces across the country next Tuesday August 26 to demand help from the National Council for Peace and Order.

On the same day, representatives of rubber associations and network will pay a courtesy call on prime minister-designated General Prayuth Chan-ocha to express their well wishes on him for being named the 29th prime minister of this country.

At a recent meeting, rubber associations agreed that they would ask the new government not to sell the 210,000 tonnes of rubber held in stockpile and but to make use some of them to mix with asphalt for road construction and to make finish products from rubber.

Earlier, four rubber organizations asked the Administrative Court to stop the government from selling the stockpiled rubber. The court has issued an order to forbid the government from selling the rubber.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/rubber-planters-rally-demand-governments-help/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rubber-planters-rally-demand-governments-help

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-22

I think that more than 5 person ban is related to any gatherings which protests against the current govt or anything that creates public unrest. Folks can still get together to complain (rally) about certain issues such as rubber prices.

Yes it's going to be hard time for the rubber farmers here in Asia. The good time is over and the future don't look good. I hope the farmes have being saving money.

Thais are right now investing in Indonesia , cause of cheaper production cost than Thailand.

For people there want to read deeper about it here is the link

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-17/rubber-glut-seen-shrinking-as-28-price-decline-deters-tapping.html

Yes it's going to be hard time for the rubber farmers here in Asia. The good time is over and the future don't look good. I hope the farmes have being saving money.

Thais are right now investing in Indonesia , cause of cheaper production cost than Thailand.

For people there want to read deeper about it here is the link

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-17/rubber-glut-seen-shrinking-as-28-price-decline-deters-tapping.html

Too many people piled in (wife too!)on the expectation that China growth would keep growing at 10% plus. As rubber trees are productive for a long time, glut is semi-structural unless uses outside condoms, rubber bands and tyres can grow.

• Like 1

NCPO, NCPO, support the rubber farmers, bail them out. They will love you loads if you do this.

And this means, when we see a general election, the rubber farmers will remember you. And they will vote for you.

Make the people happy, that's how you get lots of votes. That's what Thaksin did, and he won (came first) in loads of elections !
:)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think that more than 5 person ban is related to any gatherings which protests against the current govt or anything that creates public unrest. Folks can still get together to complain (rally) about certain issues such as rubber prices.

We had a meeting with local government (about 20 persons attending). 2 military officers entered and said the meeting was illegal as we did not seek their permission. Even weddings party's need permission if you follow the rules of martial law.

problem is most farmers simply look at what is paying top dollar and grow it, they do not look at the long term or what they will do if it has a turn down in price. Wanting the govt to subsidize them because they made a bad choice is stupid but typical of farmers, time they started accepting fault with themselves and not expecting everyone else to pay them when they make a bad choice.

• Like 1

problem is most farmers simply look at what is paying top dollar and grow it, they do not look at the long term or what they will do if it has a turn down in price. Wanting the govt to subsidize them because they made a bad choice is stupid but typical of farmers, time they started accepting fault with themselves and not expecting everyone else to pay them when they make a bad choice.

This is normally why you get honest independent advice from your friendly neighbourhood government about what is suitable to grow because they should have a plan.

Ummmm. Wasn't this plan to massively expand rubber production a government plan hatched by the Thai rubber exporters?

"We had a meeting with local government (about 20 persons attending). 2 military officers entered and said the meeting was illegal as we did not seek their permission. Even weddings party's need permission if you follow the rules of martial law." I believe it is called "winning hearts and minds"...lol.

I have tried to explain to my x wife about planning and checking out the market place before going ahead with a business...Its a education thing and I feel sorry for Thai's

as running your own business is hard at any time but without any thought its bound to have a problem....Rice , rubber and Lamjai growing are all in big problems.

Education education education...and then lots of luck..!!

What you mean the up sizing of condoms didn't increase demand? Can't find a condom in Thailand to fit properly barely covers the head. Maybe lobby the Philippines to demand they require tires with proper thread on them instead of bald tires being the norm. Or start making latex clothes a fad.cheesy.gif

It is indeed hard times for the rubber tree farmers. Prices per kilo are way down; last time we sold it was only 21 baht per kilo. We cannot but break even at this rate, if we are lucky. Someone posted that it was time for farmers to wake up and join the 20th century. That is a slap in the face to all hard working farmers, none of whom I know are rich. The BEST advice I have ever heard about farming is to never say anything bad about a Farmer while you have food in your mouth, or tires on your truck, too I might add. If you were on this end of the business watching all your hard efforts turn to naught, you might think differently about the rubber tree farmers

Well, they just planted half of the north east with it.

This is going to ruin some people and quite a few retirement nest eggs.

It is indeed hard times for the rubber tree farmers. Prices per kilo are way down; last time we sold it was only 21 baht per kilo. We cannot but break even at this rate, if we are lucky. Someone posted that it was time for farmers to wake up and join the 20th century. That is a slap in the face to all hard working farmers, none of whom I know are rich. The BEST advice I have ever heard about farming is to never say anything bad about a Farmer while you have food in your mouth, or tires on your truck, too I might add. If you were on this end of the business watching all your hard efforts turn to naught, you might think differently about the rubber tree farmers

Well, they just planted half of the north east with it.

This is going to ruin some people and quite a few retirement nest eggs.

Tragic really.

The amount of time and money invested into the land to get this rubber available to market and once it has got there it is not worth anything.

Who advised the farmers to do this? A sad lesson for many.

...The BEST advice I have ever heard about farming is to never say anything bad about a Farmer while you have food in your mouth, or tires on your truck...

I despite greedy,fuddy-duddy,environment insensible, pseudo-smart farmers - worldwide.

TaH, Farmers are advise/education resistant, must be genetical...

When the full info, including people involved, in the rubber farming promotion, financing, (supply of trees, fertilizer, land to plant on, regional collection,etc) method of purchase from farmer, prices paid to farmer vs international etc, we may recongize several individuals/companies as being right in the middle of the rice the rubber, the lamyai and most every farm product program the politicians have managed to get their thieving hands into.

There is not enough sweet perfume to cover the stench of corruption that has become so inbedded in the system, we just have to hope that the present government takes the oppurnity presented to them to clean up one of th most corrupt organizations which has become so entrenched and accepted by the corrupt politicians of Thailand. While at the same time virtually breaking every moral code in the treatment of the general Thai population to feather their and their coharts nests, both foreign and domestic.

How about this ?

The farmers in Thailand should be subsidised by tax money from the Thai government. Now, farmers in Cambodia and Laos MUST not be subsidised by tax money from Thailand.

And in the future, we must NOT see a system where the rich countries of ASEAN, (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand) subsidise farmers from the poorer countries of ASEAN. The poorer countries, places like Cambodia and Laos. After all, it doesn't it benefit the richer countries if they subsidise the poorer ones. But subsidising your own people, your own nation, that IS good.