Politicians told to end the high life

Lite Beer

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know what airline serves 100,000 baht per bottle wine and allows economy class customers to serve a boss who is in First Class.

If the story as any basis in truth then it got lost in translation.. like so many news stories.

An airline that does this would be in constant red ink. Hmmm...cannot think of any regional airline showing this trait...

You don't think, just maybe, "The up himself polly" pre ordered the expensive grog & used intimidation for staffer to grovel to him in First class.

Just wondering.

It would be very easy to solve this problem. Cancel overseas trips by politicians. Unless they are ministers or deputy ministers travelling on government business, there is absolutely no reason for local or national polticians to travel overseas at taxpayers' expense.

I thought the new government would only be in power for 12 months max which implies that NRC which will take longer to form that the govt will have less than 12 months, not 18 months. The constitution drafting body will have even less time as elections based on the new constitution would have to take place at least 3 months before the govt vacates office. Is there backsliding on the time horizon I wonder.

I'd like to know what airline serves 100,000 baht per bottle wine and allows economy class customers to serve a boss who is in First Class.

If the story as any basis in truth then it got lost in translation.. like so many news stories.

VIP can preorder to be served special wines. The airline will comply if its worthwhile. If the fat bastard is into Bordeaux Petrus, e.g., cheap ones cost about Bt150,000. An expensive bottle costs well over Bt2,000,000. I have learned that rich people not deserving to be rich love buying expensive wines just for the price. You cannot imagine how little they know about wine. In a blind tasting, they would not be able to tell which one is the 500 Bt card box wine and which the 5,000 Bt decent Burgundy.

They just want to be Caligula, Nero, or Thaksin. 5 years hard labour on a hot rice field would help them (and us).

Would be nice to put a name with that story. Anyone have a clue as to who this upcountry offender might be?

Nicer would be if the dear General checks their bank accounts. Finds the corruption. Seize everything and put them in jail.

I dont think this is the solution.

I personally think absolution is the only reslistic way forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Would be nice to put a name with that story. Anyone have a clue as to who this upcountry offender might be?

Nicer would be if the dear General checks their bank accounts. Finds the corruption. Seize everything and put them in jail.

I dont think this is the solution.

I personally think absolution is the only reslistic way forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Absolution! How "christianlike". Are you joking? I hope so.

There are more than enough excuses going around without adding another.

VIP can preorder to be served special wines. The airline will comply if its worthwhile. If the fat bastard is into Bordeaux Petrus, e.g., cheap ones cost about Bt150,000. An expensive bottle costs well over Bt2,000,000. I have learned that rich people not deserving to be rich love buying expensive wines just for the price. You cannot imagine how little they know about wine. In a blind tasting, they would not be able to tell which one is the 500 Bt card box wine and which the 5,000 Bt decent Burgundy.

They just want to be Caligula, Nero, or Thaksin. 5 years hard labour on a hot rice field would help them (and us).

Thai Airways.

Time to completely privatise that hotbed of corruption and inefficiency. Force the finance ministry to sell its shares to public over time until in owns less than 25% and I guarantee that these abuses will cease.

Thai Airways.

Time to completely privatise that hotbed of corruption and inefficiency. Force the finance ministry to sell its shares to public over time until in owns less than 25% and I guarantee that these abuses will cease.

The shareholders will now pay for the "abuses" and not the tax payer? Thinking on that one, must remember not to become a shareholder.

The local Politicians only follow the example they are set from the top end people in the Government. They see those further up the Political ladder helping themselves to a fortune on an almost daily basis and decide that they should join in as nobody is going to dare stop them. How can their superiors stop them when they are the biggest thieves of all ?

When GM needed a bailout, they went from ordering steak and lobster for lunch to the office, to bringing their own homemade sandwiches.

I like this story.

But they all flew into Washington in their private jets asking for a hand out. Big business is no better than these politicians the CEO's are making millions at the expense of the shareholders.

Yes they did, but why stop at mid-story; why not tell us how they arrived at their following meetings? To start you off...they arrived in cars...GM automobiles...not limo's or Merc's, but simple GM vehicles.

Yes, it's true politics has always been and will always be the same. They may be able to temporarily tighten the belt, but it will always go back to the way it has always been...taking advantage of tax payers for their own purpose. That's life, but it's useless to sit here and squawk about it as it is an endless arguement that has no outlook for success. We would just be wasting our time. Saying that, we must look at the alternatives; temporary tightening of the government's finances is definitely a great idea if they can pull it off. That would atleast show that they are serious. Cutting back to get ahead and once everything is running as it should be, then bonus time, but budget those incentives as to give the politician's the bone they need, but over a longer period of time. They'll still live in the lap of luxury...their son's and daughter's will not drive Ferraris or Lambo's, but a Porsche. That's workable and makes more sense. How can they put a stop to visible corruption; the only way is to put their foot down and as someone said on this board, fire those individuals. Raise salaries for Police and institue an undercover operation that has no end to maintain stability within the law enforcement and politician's and when they do find the bad seeds, enforce the law and put them away without a potential Pardon from the King. Believe me, the Police definitely do not want to go to Prison. Everybody they screwed over are in those Prisons...they wouldn't last an hour. There is so much that needs to be done, but if they take it one step at a time, it can be done. The biggest hurdle, is making peace between parties and being in agreement to work together to get Thailand back on its feet.

• Like 1

i dont think the private sector wants these useless parasites either

Agreed, they are pretty much unemployable, which, of course, is why they work in government. That seems to be pretty common everywhere.

You can't be serious...they are pretty much unemployable. They are the most sought after candidates for the private sector...especially big business as they have the pull with their political buddies to get things done. They definitely would make more money...they would be raking it in from both ends.

Thai Politician's - Thai Airways - Thai Gov't = Your sought after basis

it would be so, so, easy to transform Human Governing. The Flaws with anarchy, autocracy, democrazy, communism, [et al] are *A. there is no Fool proof leadership selection process... *B. [all] of the failed systems, which is ALL of them, allow a few men to decide how to spend our tax monies. < Just remove these 2 flaws.

The Swiss sytem is very close to the model that would work, needing only a few refinements. The American system needs 4 more Amendments and it would work. Siam could model after the Swiss Techno-Democraacy, only as a Crown-Democracy; then the World would have 2 Leading Examples.

We shouldn't Vote for Leaders, we should Assemble on Issues. The People should make the Laws, like they, partly, do in Switzerlland. The Elected Reps Collect tax monies, but canNOT spend it. 100% impossible to Bribe or Lobby a Rep. We [Hire] our Stewards who canNOT collect tax monies. They can be Crown Appointed, but have to be House approved; a REAL bicameral political architecture.

The Swiss model would work?

Look at their record of banking without ethics,and looking after anybodies money no questions asked for many, many years. Corruption at it's most institutionalized and all blessed by the state and democratic government,

Swiss bankers - rhymes with something appropriate wink.png

Good pocket knives though.

I think there is a difference in education between the two.

I know people don't like their banks but there is a heck of a lot more than banks in Switzerland.

Sorry to disrupt the single minded know nothing but money orientated in my pocket club.

There is indeed. - pocket knives, cuckoo clocks, chocolate, and lake Geneva is very nice.

However, Switzerland is synonymous with banks, secretive numbered accounts, tax evasion, and bank accounts for the criminal community including ex Nazis. Sorry to disrupt the broad minded know nothing about what's a well reported over the years festering scandal in the midst of a country that likes to portray itself as all prim and proper club.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

"PM's Office permanent secretary Panadda Diskul said he was shocked to learn that some provincial politicians are living in the lap of luxury without shame at the expense of taxpayers." Where's he been, in a cave? coffee1.gif

The only change I can see is that a car trip from Nong Khai to Bangkok is done much smoother than before. Before the ROYAL Thai police were around every corner to catch people for speeding and other so-called offences. Now we do not see the police at all on this route. Why ??? I think they are not brave enough to continuing their practise, because the military will put them in jail if they try to extort anybody. That was their living before. Now I can drive how fast I want, no police, mai pen rai. But this means that if the new prime minister is serious and an honest man, he will kick out every policeman with rank over sergeant all over the country. Make a new police force from the bottom. The most corrupt people normal people are used to meet is the police officers and the guys at the desks in the ampeu.

You go on and on about the corrupt police, and then tell us how you break the law ... and endanger others lives ... by driving as fast as you want.

"PM's Office permanent secretary Panadda Diskul said he was shocked to learn that some provincial politicians are living in the lap of luxury without shame at the expense of taxpayers." Where's he been, in a cave? coffee1.gif

He's been busy overseeing the 300 Milllion baht renovation of Government House so that it's ready for the "right" politicians in September

Don't look at the bank accounts only, most are smart enough not to leave that obvious money trail. Look at the money put into land and mansions. Takes some real financial forensic work but if it is really wanted to crack down.....

Right on. In some cases as blatant as buried treasure. Remember this? http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/huge-haul-illegal-timber-found-resort-charupong-ruangsuwans-son/

espinoza, on 24 Aug 2014 - 08:05, said:

The only change I can see is that a car trip from Nong Khai to Bangkok is done much smoother than before. Before the ROYAL Thai police were around every corner to catch people for speeding and other so-called offences. Now we do not see the police at all on this route. Why ??? I think they are not brave enough to continuing their practise, because the military will put them in jail if they try to extort anybody. That was their living before. Now I can drive how fast I want, no police, mai pen rai. But this means that if the new prime minister is serious and an honest man, he will kick out every policeman with rank over sergeant all over the country. Make a new police force from the bottom. The most corrupt people normal people are used to meet is the police officers and the guys at the desks in the ampeu.

Does "Now I can drive how fast I want" mean you go faster than legally allowed, if so you are breaking the law, the same as a corrupt cop would be.

I hope when you go to re licence your vehicle you will get presented with all the speed camera photos they should have waiting for you.

Seriously I begin to think that Thailand can only be ruled by the military, I mean good military. Their mentality is so low that this applies not only to the poor but the wealthy as well. The whole country just need a very firm grip or else chaos. Just hope the military is perpetually there, never mind no democracy but a better Thailand.

I can't say that I agree with that sentiment but I won't say I disagree with it.

Polititions sons and daughters driving around in Ferrari's and lambos is a good look.

ex phutket mayor or ex top politician from phuket not sure which who lives in my mooban has around 10 cars - 1 lambo gallardo (I remember seeing two at one time, 1 green and 1 orange, only 1 parked at home now), 1 bentley continental, 1 Mercedes E Class, 1 VW Beetle, a handful of japanese cars. He has two houses side by side, not big houses but nonetheless, one of the rooms beside his garage houses his dog, the room is at least 6x6 meters big, you can see the dog and dog cage inside at night when lights are lit.

This guy wields considerable power as he was able to retain his seat when PTP and DEM were in power.