Being Sued By Ex

TonyFinnsFinlay

Mate no worrys I'm so pleased you have cut all money from her,she will spend it all the old saying which is sad,the more you give them the more they want,find yourself a good thai lady,believe me there's plenty of them,gold diggers like her gives them a bad name,and out of interest,a friend of mind had been married 3 years never divorced her he comes and goes from aust to thailand no problems just don't let her try and bluff you she's just a bully walk away get a new phone number and start again, best of luck,you sound like a nice chap you deserve a nice lady

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you divorce any assets and debt that were acquired during the marriage will be split 50/50.

Are the debts legitimate ones or ones that came through a loan shark ?

Her debts are from gambling, being lazy not working and all from loan sharks

heard it all before ,got one friend now homeless ,after life time in thailand ,leave get new lady ,not or are the same ,just most ,i am old fat don't look to good ,why would young good looking lady stay with me ,MONEY

..sounds like she took out a loan.....after marrying you............to pay off her debts acquired before marrying you.......

...thus you are in the hole for half.....unless you can prove the above in court....which would probably cost you an arm and a leg in itself......

...I wish The Army would put in place Legislation that would make Thai women think twice before swindling foreigners....

...like some guys say.....a wife costs you far more than a hooker......and with the hooker...... you know what you are paying for......

Stories like this make me realize how emotionally vulnerable neurotypicals (normal people) can be.

They just want someone to love - sometimes it works and other times its just a set up...

Because the emotions are self -generated its hard to read another person. In psychopathy we don't have those emotions, so we only know whats happening through cold reading the person/ situation. It has disadvantages like never falling in love in the first place! - but overall its much more accurate way of accessing people and working out the best outcome from situations.

So if someone was sat on your chair and said, I knew all along she was only ever after my money..... But I really want to get married to another girl just like her as soon as I can.... what would your answer be ?

Neurotypicals are guided by their feelings and emotions, one of those that plays a big part is DENIAL. If they are presented with a truth they can't bring themselves to face, it creates an uncomfortable emotional state. They go into denial even when they clearly see the truth, and are aware of its implications, and are even aware of their denial ! From a psychopathy perspective this is not possible, the very nature of the conscience has been overruled. So my answer would be that when the logic centers of the brain have been overruled by emotion, its always a thankless task to offer any contradictory advice.

My sincere advise, get your bags arranged, and find a new place to stay she won't find you out and live your life peacefully, legally speaking, she can't do anything,

but, there is a clear fact, this is a total garbage one that your bad luck led you to meet a such type, throw everything in ur back, she will never be a life partner.

Yes she has her own house and may well have put that up for collateral, perhaps I should sue her for 50% of the house?? just kidding but that would hurt eh!!

Farangs can't own houses, they only pay for them. If you paid for the house, the money is gone forever, married or not.

Not always, my buddy got half of the sale of his house and land but he did have a pre nup and a good lawyer.

I don't quite understand this obsession with getting married. There just seems to be endless threads on divorce , money and problems with the ex.

Anyway best of luck - I really do not think that immigration will have any interest in your problems .

Cut your and or her losses short cut one or more of your fingers not the hand neither the head.

she, being one of the norm over here, has been honest with you to treat you like so many do as their favorite ATM in exchange for some girl friend or wife experiences possibly very satisfying to you and to her.

JUst walk away with a soft smile there are so many around my dear and put your funds limits where you feel comfortable with.

The say is do you know what is the most expansive sex ?............the free one.

Have a laugh and carry on.

What's next ?

TheMarriage between us has been all about money and how much she can get out of me, I am only relieved I am getting out of it before all my money was gone. I love Thailand and my only worry is I will have problems on entering Thailand, obviously by the sounds of things there is nothing she can sue me for as there are no assets would I be right in saying that.?

An interesting law in thailand, if she gets no financial aid from you for a period of 3 yrs, she can go to court and have a divorce done. It has to do with abandonment. You dont even need to be there. She WILL do one of 2 things; 1; wait 3 yrs, get the divorce without you, or

2; find another poor sap to want to marry her, causing her to search for you to get a divorce so she can marry him. In this case, you have the power. No nice girl, no divorce.

One idea might be, if you can do it, pack up and disappear, while she is not around to catch you packing. Really disappear, so none of your friends know where you are, she and her circle dont know where you are and none will cross paths with you because you got the ''hell out of Dodge''.

The down side might be, our home countries recognize thai marriages, so you cant get married to anyone else here or back home until she does the divorce. If youre a fast learner, that would be no problem.

You married the wrong woman... stop whining about your situation (which solves nothing)...

Sit her down and say you will give her 100,000 baht the day the divorce decree is signed and choke the 100K up to experience...

If you are still sleeping with her... As Judge Judy says... "Get out of my courtroom!..."

Bad advice,why give in to blackmail.

When you divorce any assets and debt that were acquired during the marriage will be split 50/50.

Are the debts legitimate ones or ones that came through a loan shark ?

Her debts are from gambling, being lazy not working and all from loan sharks

I have a similar specimen. rolleyes.gif

Maybe, put a photo of your (Ex) wife in this thread, so we not fall also for her.

I am still together with mine and so no fear, from that side in the moment, pregnant to now.

Edited by ALFREDO

I wish i knew what town she was from,,, sounds so much like my ex,, tried the same thing with me,,couldn't keep

my wallet in my pants for more than a minute and then oh time to take it out again,,, in the end one night i sat on the

bed fiddled with some papers (she couldn't read them anyway) just rubbish,, flipped around with them,, started crying

and said,,"darling i have no money" i was told to pack and got kicked out the next day, left in the middle of the day on

a dirt road in the middle of nowhere in Issan,,, i had a smile from ear to ear and still smiling today SO

Rule number 1: Never get married,, (why anyway, where is the benefit for me?)

Rule number 2: Repeat rule number 1 over and over and over

I took off with my money in my pocket,, who is crying now. Dumb bitch.

Before getting married you should have known that you are nothing but an ATM. What would you do in your own country before getting married? Probably sign some contract to between the two of you to protect yourself against the problems later in life. Why did you think Thailand is different.

Anyway I am not sure if she can sue you but probably since she is your wife her debt will be your debt as well unless you had a signed contract. I advise you to ask this question form our Thai Lawyer Forum and get an answer by professional.

I have a different spin on this. The OP mentions wife wanted 100k for divorce. So ???This is small change to settlement of this matter. $3000 us or there abouts.

Also seems to me op made a very foolish decision in first place...He mentions "don't know any of her friends never been to Issan where she is from " etc

You stuffed up. Stop the worry, extricate yourself for a small price. Of course offer little less.

I have been living with thai gf in bkk for 18 months, if i walked out tomorrow i would give her 120kbaht.

I'm not rich but that is peanuts for a relationship of that time and the trimmings.

Your getting out cheap.

What would this cost you in Farang land. There isa saying..CUT YOUR LOSSES

Also one you may want to remember. Learn by your mistakes. You didn't even go to her family home and don't know any of her friends?? Yet married her. Amazing

I see the view points of people saying it's only 3k aud to get out of the situation

Whilst I agree with the views, the other side of me thinks "let her get away it and she won't learn, or will do it again" plus I am enforcing her disgusting behaviour

In an ideal world I would sign up for ten credit cards and rack up debt and leave the debt with her to the amount plus more of what I've put in, but obviously being a tourist, that's not an option

What about agreeing to pay the 100k, getting her to sign the docs, and then disappear? you have no roots in thailand, if you disappear, she will be the one doing all the dealings with her existing debt, frankly I thibk its the best option, just change your phone number and don't go back to that town which you seem to not know much about, no loss for you

Oh, and another thing, get the idea of marriage out of your thick head. In your situation it's absolutely absurd

Edited by hellohello123

Great feed back of all sorts, thanks to all for your contributions and advice, . ATM closed!! Moving on all communications servered, and email only, I have actually had my eye on the Phillipines so it has sort of shoved me for a look around Cebu, have had an update from close friends of the ex she is in more shit than flash gordon and it is in fact her that is being sued by the banks as she mortgaged HER house and has dug a gimungus hole and may well do jail time. Should feel sorry for her but it is obvious she has lied and deceived others and is now getting her just deserves!!

Edited by TonyFinnsFinlay

Guaranteed, you were told, by at least two different expats, to not get married. But, being a typical western male, virtually named "Richard Forbrain" person that you are, you married that (culturally socialized) free-loading bar-girl anyway.

So, here you are, on the ThaiVisa forum, with the exact same story that more than 100,000 other foreigners (at least) have cried about, for the past 50-years. Thai women will not change. They all have a Thai "guy" (hiding in the background), that you (fool) are financially supporting. Duhwhistling.gif

I have a different spin on this. The OP mentions wife wanted 100k for divorce. So ???This is small change to settlement of this matter. $3000 us or there abouts.

Also seems to me op made a very foolish decision in first place...He mentions "don't know any of her friends never been to Issan where she is from " etc

You stuffed up. Stop the worry, extricate yourself for a small price. Of course offer little less.

I have been living with thai gf in bkk for 18 months, if i walked out tomorrow i would give her 120kbaht.

I'm not rich but that is peanuts for a relationship of that time and the trimmings.

Your getting out cheap.

What would this cost you in Farang land. There isa saying..CUT YOUR LOSSES

Also one you may want to remember. Learn by your mistakes. You didn't even go to her family home and don't know any of her friends?? Yet married her. Amazing

Jacsam, you put it nicely. I call it "amazingly" stupid.

This is a scam. You have passed your sell by date. She thinks she has you by the balls, but you hold all the cards. Truth be known she badly wants a divorce so she can move on to the next poor bastar'd.

Play it cool. Tell her you will only communicate by email in the future - refuse her calls. Tell her you don't love her anymore. Tell her you have no intention of granting her a divorce. Tell her that you are not responsible in anyway and that her bf can pay. Tell her you are moving to the Philippines and don't want to meet her ever again. As soon as she realises you have flown and have no intention of providing further funds, she will beg you to sign divorce papers. IMO.

This guy has the right idea, you have her by the balls. She needs you, you don't need her (I hope).

OP ... do you plan on marrying again? If not..... forget it.... walk

If you do want to get married again.... divorce is pretty simple.... we are talking 100K here.... it's not a huge price to pay.. maybe it is better to pay and be done with her... who knows? I guess this is a question only you can answer

as for Immigration, I don't know the answer to that... others will.

The 100k is what she wants for a divorce, and yes I do want to marry again but not in Thailand. The only worry is immigration, Yes I will walk away have no contact with her but I want to know if she can legally make waves at immigration. Remember no house no kids no finances tied up anywhere that she would be demaning 50/50 on.

Her power to make problems at immigration is zero. And she is a peon, so she is not going to sue, as she has no money to hire a lawyer, and nobody will take this on contingency as there is little money involved. Your only risk is from the insects she borrowed from. So, you need to move, and erase all traces of your past to her. She will have no idea how to find you. You married the wrong gal. That is why I always advocate living together for a minimum of one year, so you can get to know the gal, and find out whether or not she is a decent person, who has other motives besides just cash. She sounds like a pretty shallow woman, without much in the way of redeeming qualities.

• 2 weeks later...

TheMarriage between us has been all about money and how much she can get out of me, I am only relieved I am getting out of it before all my money was gone. I love Thailand and my only worry is I will have problems on entering Thailand, obviously by the sounds of things there is nothing she can sue me for as there are no assets would I be right in saying that.?

God bless you

You realizing what happened will lead to to the land of bliss.

This bring up an interesting conundrum. EZ to tell if family is poor. But how poor? In debt poor is difficult to determine.

Edited by choochoo

Empty threats. Anyone in theory can sue anyone, in reality she has no leg to stand on, not to mention money to pay the lawyers. In Thailand lawyers want payment or part of it up front

Agreed. Just tell her to disappear. And don't forget to sue herself for being stupid.

• 8 months later...