Topic Bringing Family To Thailand

PowermanFire

I would like to know more about the culture differences between England and Thailand.

I have two sons say ten and twelve, and would like to know more about Thailand and school in Thailand

I would like to know, if they would get bullied in school in Thailand.

And is there as much Cyberbulling or Harassment or on Facebook in the schools

As it is pretty bad in England now, this is the new trend, which i would like to move away from, so as in Culture is this a big problem in Thailand.

I would like only straight answers, no bad comments

• Like 1

I would like to know more about the culture differences between England and Thailand....Ans... It's different.

I have two sons say ten and twelve, and would like to know more about Thailand and school in Thailand....Ans... As already posted have schools for western children but expensive.

I would like to know, if they would get bullied in school in Thailand....Ans... I would say no way near anything in like UK schools.

And is there as much Cyberbulling or Harassment or on Facebook in the schools....Ans... If your kids get to read Thai maybe, dunno.

As it is pretty bad in England now, this is the new trend, which i would like to move away from, so as in Culture is this a big problem in Thailand....Ans...I would say no.

I would like only straight answers, no bad comments....Ans... OK simple ! Come to Thailand and see and determine the future for your children here first.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

@ the OP

Yep, the best education you can offer your children is to teach them that all problems can be solved if you simply run away from them. thumbsup.gif

Why don't you try to identify the issues your children may be having in school to see if there is a solution to the problem. As for issues with Facebook, I do not know of a single school on this planet that requires children to use this service. Why not be a better parent, and restrict what your children see on the internet?

Your children will not get a better education in Thailand, unless perhaps you spend loads of money to put them in an international school. After they finish school, what then... will you send them far away to go university in the UK (where, undoubtedly they will feel out of place), or will you waste more money putting them through a Thai university?

Edited by Gumballl
  • Like 2

@ the OP

Yep, the best education you can offer your children is to teach them that all problems can be solved if you simply run away from them. thumbsup.gif

Why don't you try to identify the issues your children may be having in school to see if there is a solution to the problem. As for issues with Facebook, I do not know of a single school on this planet that requires children to use this service. Why not be a better parent, and restrict what your children see on the internet?

Your children will not get a better education in Thailand, unless perhaps you spend loads of money to put them in an international school. After they finish school, what then... will you send them far away to go university in the UK (where, undoubtedly they will feel out of place), or will you waste more money putting them through a Thai university?

You fail to mention that this is in your own opinion.

Edited by Kwasaki

Yep if I was worried about my kids going to school in the UK, I'd definitely be thinking Thailand is the next best country in which to have them educated. Not!!!!

A good quality UK comprehensive will wipe the floor with any international school in Thailand all day long.

The only reaosn for coming here would be to get his oats more often

The whole cyber-bullying thing is a huge non-issue. If the OP's really that worried about it, don't let them access social media.

Of course, you could just send them to school in Kevlar suits lined with cotton wool

Edited by YeahSiam

@ the OP

You fail to mention that this is in your own opinion.

And mine.

As it goes i am the Father of the Children, Bringing family to Thailand, and i have spend much of my time working with organization in England.

Why is it called the UK, for many years all countrys in the so called Uk fly there own flag, this is something, going out of fashion, back to the subjuct.

Some member said the school culture is the same as England, so this means the standard of English is the same in Thailand, What is the standard of English in Thailand.

Gumballl should be spelled with two ll, of my troll surely, come on are you for real, this is a debate and to get different opinions, that is why i Posted it here.

YeahSiam i am not coming to get my oats, is the whole cyber-- bullying thing is a huge non-- issue, i dont think so, i have educated my children on this subjuct.

enior, so on--line cyber bullying is for fat People to hang themselves, i dont think fat people would like that, you need to study, a little bit about cyber bulling, harassment, intimidation, this is not only for kids, i blame the likes of Facebook and Organization like them, for not having the right customer service.

The overal view is some People are a way behind the times, this will be more of an issue in years to come, you can bury your hand in the sand, or if you have kids, support, Organization, and stop this, and help People, that is what i have done for many years, and not run away, from this subjuct, not like many.

What language did you have in mind as the medium of teaching? Ingrish or Thai?

Do your children currently speak, read and write Thai?

Do your children hold Thai nationality?

Do you have a considerable education fund?

Let us know and we can give you more accurate answers.

If your kids don't hold Thai nationality and don't speak or read Thai, no Thai government school is going to take them. That leaves private schools, none of which are cheap, all but a very few are of low standard and the education may be in broken English at the bottom end.

Also, let us know what you are trying to achieve. Is it to escape the possibility of bullying for your children or is it 'cos you want to get your leg over? If the former, I think the chances are better in the UK, if the latter, then the chances are better here.

Edited by Briggsy

Mr YeahSiam i don't think much of a reader or Parent? i have read your past comments, i don't think much of you, i have a Thai wife so i do know a little,end

Mr Briggsy first i would not like you ti teach my kids, you can't spell English, What is that Ingrish or Thai? Yes the kids can speak a little Thai and write,read.

They have English passports, i don't need accurate answers only straight answer. I think some Private schools are as good as international schools,

Can you tell me This. And the last paragraph i think i see the same story from someone else forum.

What i am trying to achieve is more peaceful life, and my Family to have a better life, and i am happily married, were does leg over come from another forum.

Yes i hope i will be happy in Thailand, and as England goes thank God to leave that place, I blame the likes of facebook and other social media organization,

That make millions from the kids, and don't put the money into safety first,

I know this from working in my free time to organization against cyberbullying, harassment, and so on, end of the story so if you have any questions,

Mr Briggsy Please feel free to ask,

Mr YeahSiam i don't think much of a reader or Parent? i have read your past comments, i don't think much of you, i have a Thai wife so i do know a little,end

Mr Briggsy first i would not like you ti teach my kids, you can't spell English, What is that Ingrish or Thai? Yes the kids can speak a little Thai and write,read.

They have English passports, i don't need accurate answers only straight answer. I think some Private schools are as good as international schools,

Can you tell me This. And the last paragraph i think i see the same story from someone else forum.

What i am trying to achieve is more peaceful life, and my Family to have a better life, and i am happily married, were does leg over come from another forum.

Yes i hope i will be happy in Thailand, and as England goes thank God to leave that place, I blame the likes of facebook and other social media organization,

That make millions from the kids, and don't put the money into safety first,

I know this from working in my free time to organization against cyberbullying, harassment, and so on, end of the story so if you have any questions,

Mr Briggsy Please feel free to ask,

You're almost certainly trolling but I will play it straight.

Ingrish is not a spelling as you almost certainly know. It refers to the grammarless broken English spoken by Thais without use of unstressed vowels but with added tones.

I didn't ask if they had English [sic] (i.e. British) passports, I asked if they had Thai nationality i.e. at least one Thai parent. This is key for admittance to many schools. Having a British passport has no bearing on holding Thai nationality.

Once again, do your kids read and write Thai?

Once again, do you have considerable resources (to pay school fees)?

International schools are private schools. There are other types of private schools and programs such as bilingual schools and schools that teach in Thai. Your sentence makes no sense and suggests you have no idea of how bad many low-end Thai private schools are.

If you are genuinely looking for a peaceful life, you will not find it in a semi-lawless developing nation. Noise pollution, air pollution, endless bureaucracy, bad traffic, poor infrastructure, poor health care are normal in the developing world.

May I respectfully suggest you consider a small village in North Wales away from the coast, maybe a Welsh speaking one, if you want your kids bilingual.

wai2.gif