Pump prices to be cut sharply midnight: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for diesel users,but at least its not going up.

Almost whistling.gif

But for diesel, the price will rise by 0.14 baht.

And I guess this is just a "soft opening" or where should the money for the subsidy come from?

Edited by KhunBENQ

I'll believe it when I see Shell drop its prices. Gasohol 95 has been extortionate for the last 2 years, and I don't see the big players abiding by this instruction whatsoever.

Bet they will. Absolutely unthinkable that they will not.

There's a Shell by my house that seems to do as they please. They always raise the price of Gasohol 2-3 days before it is announced that it go will up, and when it is announced that the price will go down, they also wait 2-3 days before reducing the price.

Edited by arkom

The last line is the key. This govt and the previous one indicated the mega-subsidy on diesel has to go. It has begun.

Expect little drip - drip price rises due to subsidy removal / excise tax increase (same thing effectively ) on diesel every few months, probably buried under other news each time.

Edited by Briggsy

I'll believe it when I see Shell drop its prices. Gasohol 95 has been extortionate for the last 2 years, and I don't see the big players abiding by this instruction whatsoever.

Bet they will. Absolutely unthinkable that they will not.

There's a Shell by my house that seems to do as they please. They always raise the price of Gasohol 2-3 days before it is announced that it go will up, and when it is announced that the price will go down, they also wait 2-3 days before reducing the price.

That's because they already paid the higher price for the fuel in their tanks.

Bangchak set to reduce pump prices to return happiness to people

BANGKOK, 28 August 2014 (NNT) - Domestic oil retailer Bangchak confirmed that it is mulling the decision to reduce pump prices in accordance with the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)’s policy to return happiness to the people.

Bangchak executives admitted that the Department of Energy Business has instructed the retailer to consider a cut in pump prices. The oil refinery is checking its nationwide inventory before issuing an official announcement of its decision.

The retailer said the new prices would be similar to those listed in local social media sites. According to reports, prices of benzene 95, gasohol 95, gasohol 91 and gasohol E20 will be adjusted down by 3.89, 2.12, 1.86 and 1 baht respectively. Diesel price will meanwhile be adjusted up by 0.14 baht.

The announcement followed Wednesday’s meeting between energy reform advocates and energy company executives at the Army Club.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-08-28 footer_n.gif

Seems a bit unfair to only give a few hours warning if the Gas stations are privately owned or are they all owned by the oil companies which is what I suspect.

My Thai friends told me about the decreases yesterday .... the petrol stations have had very few customers as of yesterday evening.