2 spelling errors in the Tourist Visa extension stamp of Samui Immigration Office

I heard of a person got stuck for a while at Suvarnabhumi Airport because the Immigration Officer there thought the extension stamp of her Tourist Visa was fake. Actually there are 2 mistakes in the stamp: “Kongdom” instead of “Kingdom” and “singed” instead of “signed”. You can check it out if you have any recently issued. Luckily this person had still the 1900 baht payment receipt issued by the Samui Immigration Office, but she was told to keep it in case she wants to apply for a new Tourist Visa in the future. Hopefully the Samui Immigration Office will replace this spelling wrong stamp as soon as possible.

“Kongdom” instead of “Kingdom”

Looking through the various hand stamps I've received from immigrations over the years, none of the have the word "kingdom" written in English on them, although the visas do. Is this something unique to extension stamps from Samui?

Oops!!!

Obviously the fault of the Farangs! Don't quite know how but everything is the fault of Farangs. Your fault for even mentioning it!

Judging from the majority of posts in Thai Visa, most if not all the problems in the world are the fault of Thais and everything in Thailand is inferior to what it would be back in Farang Utopia.

I don't see anything in the O/P that suggests any farang is at fault, but obviously your reaction is a somewhat hysterical response to the imagined loss of face that farangs fear more than anything.

• Like 2

Looking through the various hand stamps I've received from immigrations over the years, none of the have the word "kingdom" written in English on them, although the visas do. Is this something unique to extension stamps from Samui?

I reckon all the stamps used for the Tourist Visa extension have the same english sentence and the word "Kingdom" is in it.

The question is that now the Samui Immigration Office is issuing a stamp with the same usual sentence written on it, but with these 2 spelling errors. Few months ago their stamp was 100% spelling correct.

I started this thread because a person had to follow the Immigration officer in the office at Suvarnabhumi airport for an accurate check of the stamp. She had no problem because she still had the 1900 baht payment receipt, but not all the people keep it.

So I hope the Samui Immigration Office will realize that it has to replace this spelling wrong stamp as soon as possible.

My extension stamps have Kingdom in them.

They say "Holder must leave the kingdom within ..."

Same to me. All in capital letters, no typos found.

But why not: every stamp is specifically made/ordered for the respective office (mine starts with "KHON KAEN IMMIGRATION OFFICE").

And as you know the list of typos/misspellings of English terms in Thailand is endless. Why not on an immigration stamp biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

I reckon all the stamps used for the Tourist Visa extension have the same english sentence and the word "Kingdom" is in it.

The question is that now the Samui Immigration Office is issuing a stamp with the same usual sentence written on it, but with these 2 spelling errors. Few months ago their stamp was 100% spelling correct.

I started this thread because a person had to follow the Immigration officer in the office at Suvarnabhumi airport for an accurate check of the stamp. She had no problem because she still had the 1900 baht payment receipt, but not all the people keep it.

So I hope the Samui Immigration Office will realize that it has to replace this spelling wrong stamp as soon as possible.

Is this in the standard Thai Immigration 1900 baht stamp or the 'unique' Samui Immigration 5000 baht stamp?

• Like 1

Oops!!!

Obviously the fault of the Farangs! Don't quite know how but everything is the fault of Farangs. Your fault for even mentioning it!

Judging from the majority of posts in Thai Visa, most if not all the problems in the world are the fault of Thais and everything in Thailand is inferior to what it would be back in Farang Utopia.

I don't see anything in the O/P that suggests any farang is at fault, but obviously your reaction is a somewhat hysterical response to the imagined loss of face that farangs fear more than anything.

Don't you think his post was made in jest? Maybe it's time to recalibrate the radar.

You have never had an extension then. All extensions read something as follows: Applicant must leave the Kingdom within the date specified herein offenders will be prosecuted"

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk 2

You have never had an extension then. All extensions read something as follows: Applicant must leave the Kingdom within the date specified herein offenders will be prosecuted"

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk 2

You did not bother to read other posts made here, see post #8.

I liked the "singed" touch but it is lucky that Samui Immigration didn't opt for "Kondom" of Thailand or the traveller might have been arrested for lese majeste.

It's funny that Thais never seem to feel it necessary to have their English proof read. I suppose it is a face issue.

Is this in the standard Thai Immigration 1900 baht stamp or the 'unique' Samui Immigration 5000 baht stamp?

It's the 1900 standard one, but each Immigration Office has its own location name on top of the stamp.