Metro Condo Jomtien

Hi

I am interested in buying a condo in the Metro Condotel Jomtien. The condo is a newly renovated apartment but I would appreciate any opinion about the building as it is quite old. Are there any problems? Does anybody know what will happen to the land next to the building? How is the atmosphere in the building?

Looking Forward to any comments!

thanks

I like Metro but I liked it much more before they built Lumpini next door. My guess is that there will be one more high rise on the other side at some point. I saw termites in units on the lower floors a year or two ago.

Add to all that the difficulty of getting bahtbuses there and you know why I discounted it.

I've owned a place at the Metro for about two years now. Its a well run place overall and I would not be put off by it being older. To be honest, the building is better built than most of the cheap places going up around it. Plus you have more space than most of the new places. As for baht buses, you can always pick one up right out front going to Pattaya. Returning is a different story-80% of the time they dump you at Chiapruk Rd. I consider it good exercise! Anyway, if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

As for the land next door, it is owned by the person who built the Metro. He just renovated one of the entire upper floors for himself. As far as I know, he has no plans to develop either side at the moment.

Edited by texanaust