4 years & 5 million liters later, Pattaya to fix broken water pipe

Rimmer

4 years & 5 million liters later, Pattaya to fix broken water pipe

n2Tap-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Six months after the Pattaya Mail last reported it and four years after it broke, a leaking water pipe on Pratamnak Soi 5 finally has gotten city hall’s attention.

Sutat Nuspan, water-supply manager for Banglamung District, said he ordered workers to replace the cap on a standpipe outside Ruamchok Condo View 2 that has been leaking an estimated 1.3 million liters of water a year since a fire damaged it in 2010.

The Pattaya Mail reported the issue, complete with photos, in March after Australian expat Roy Albiston, 63, calculated how much water was being lost. He said he’d contacted city hall several times but nothing was done until a Pattaya Mail reporter brought Sutat photos to see himself.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/4-years-5-million-liters-later-pattaya-to-fix-broken-water-pipe-40898#sthash.MnaafP7t.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-09-05 footer_n.gif

One post removed:

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

One post discussing moderation has been removed, you have now broken this rule:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

5 million liters equals 5,000 cubic meters - who is paying that bill...?

It's the fire hydrant... it is free. Part of the Water Companies overheads. The flow was only 2.37L/min and based on my experience there must be a lot more substantial leaks elsewhere. This is known a non-revenue water.

In Bangkok some years ago an associate company took over the maintenance of all the water pipelines making a lot of their money from fixing leaking water mains and appurtenances using electronic listening devices. Pattaya should employ a permanent non-revenue water detection team to find the leaks and repair the pipes.

• Like 1

5 million liters equals 5,000 cubic meters - who is paying that bill...?

It's the fire hydrant... it is free. Part of the Water Companies overheads. The flow was only 2.37L/min and based on my experience there must be a lot more substantial leaks elsewhere. This is known a non-revenue water.

In Bangkok some years ago an associate company took over the maintenance of all the water pipelines making a lot of their money from fixing leaking water mains and appurtenances using electronic listening devices. Pattaya should employ a permanent non-revenue water detection team to find the leaks and repair the pipes.

[/

This is a horrible truth. The repair is not that difficult. They were more afraid of shutting off the water to the MooBan? Anyway it should not happen again.]

If it aint broken don't fix it.........Well nobody told me........i thought Sarawut was going to fix it, well I thought Nattapong took care of it...did Tanawat get the money to fix it?......No. Ploy signed the check to fix it and she gave it to Benz to fix it. but Chanathip took the gang out for drinks pending the payment....but Tanipat got a bonus and took the gang out the next night.....Thainess mentality.

• Like 1

There should be a picture of him leaving his desk behind carrying a box containing his stapler and pot-plant, not sitting behind it with a daft grin.

Perhaps cutting the water off from his home for a month would help him realise the consequences of inaction.

The adequete supply of useable, and fairly safe water has to be a major infrastructure issue for the Pattaya City Hall Offficials.

With supply levels at critical now in Pattaya, and with all the wastage ( not just from 1 pipe ) issues, this guy in charge needs to be given a vocational re-assessment urgently.

OK, the bloke cant make it rain to fill the Reservoirs, but he can at least get off his $&^# , and do the job he is paid for, and that is to control the ridiculus amount of wasteage, and mis-use of this most valuable resource.

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wars in the future, will be fought over water. It is a precious resource!

While this (wars in the future will be over water) has been propagated for a long while, I tend to agree with an author who has a differing perspective:

Water is an endless source of controversy. However, that is a world away from suggesting that water is, or could become, a key cause of military conflict. Water disputes, to the contrary, are generally characterised more by heat and noise than by military action. But within the current world order—with the USA hegemonic, international institutions intrusive, and the global political economy under the sway of a powerful anti-statist ideology—it is hard to imagine a water wars scenario ever coming to pass.

About 12 years ago, 2002 or so, they dug up Pattaya Klang to a depth of 1.5 meters or better. To give them credit, they did it in low season. Only took 4 months or so, which was quite decent I thought. It was a big "Whup-to-do" in all the newspapers.

The concrete had barely dried (Like, 2 weeks after they'd re-opened the road) before they were out there with jackhammers and tunneling machines, trying to install what looked like a 6 inch pipe under several hundred yards of road.

????????? Why does this current story not surprise me?

Homer Simpson comes to mind. DOH!

Ha……same as in Phuket, Patong

a stretch of road about 5 km length that take 3 years to build and still yet to be complete.

i often fly into Thailand, Phuket during week end. since 2011 and also this road was being build then and now 2014 is still ongoing

it is all muddy with deep pit holes when it rain, the surface layer tar is only barely an inches thick and erode away quickly

road build this way is not going to last long……..

local called it buffalo track, that is not a good impression for tourist at front of Jung Ceylon shopping mall…...