New immigration notice: 90 day reporting - nationwide?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks the same as the one their website except for the 5 baht postage and delivery 7 days before report date instead of being mailed 15 days early.

I think it will still be up to local office as to whether they accept mail in reports. And the the documents required could also be different.

• Like 2

"You also need to supply a copy of TM6 (arrival card), which must show both the front and back".

I'm not going to get my passport and look right now, but is there actually anything on the back?

On mine, there is absolutely nothing...

Glegolo

There is no information relevant on the back of a TM6 arrival card. Mine is completely blank, I got mine when re-entered through Nong Khai in 2011. Maybe they have changed since then, who knows. Just another page to scan on my printer to send to immigration and waste paper.

• Like 1

For ages I have been saying that the 10 baht stamp isn't necessary, a 5 baht is fine. If for no other reason that there is no postal rate of 10 baht. The rates are 3 baht up to 20 gms, 5 baht up to 100 gms, 9 baht up to 250 gms and then 15 baht. There is no 10 baht rate. (There are 10 baht stamps though)

• Like 1

For ages I have been saying that the 10 baht stamp isn't necessary, a 5 baht is fine. If for no other reason that there is no postal rate of 10 baht. The rates are 3 baht up to 20 gms, 5 baht up to 100 gms, 9 baht up to 250 gms and then 15 baht. There is no 10 baht rate. (There are 10 baht stamps though)

That must be why it's always an issue buying a 10 baht stamp; in my post office, they tend to look rather flustered and have to disappear behind the counter to find one!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

"The notice from Immigration actually says 'overstay announcement' but is regarding 90 day reporting!" ---

what hope does the average person have to stay compliant with the ever changing laws when the immigration department themselves can't even use their own terminology correctly?

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 2

That must be why it's always an issue buying a 10 baht stamp; in my post office, they tend to look rather flustered and have to disappear behind the counter to find one!

I have no idea what postage I used on the return envelope or the sending envelope for that matter. I just tell them I want registered mail both ways. They stick stamps on them and charge me something and I go home.

The whole process is a waste of paper!

There is no information relevant on the back of a TM6 arrival card. Mine is completely blank, I got mine when re-entered through Nong Khai in 2011. Maybe they have changed since then, who knows. Just another page to scan on my printer to send to immigration and waste paper.

• Like 1

I just looked at the Thai version of the 90 day report. It says the 90-day report must be MAILED 7 days before the 90 days is up, not ARRIVE AT Immigration 7 days before the 90 days is up.

• Like 1

My departure/arrival card is dated Sept 2006, last day Don Muang was receiving international flights when the new airport opened for business. It has a immigration arrival stamp on the back side of the form. I have not seen the new forms but suspect they are referencing the old form.

I've been putting 4 baht stamps on the envelopes for years and have always gotten them back. Never knew a ten baht stamp was required. Shouldn't that be a postal issue and not an immigration issue? Does this mean there is no longer a 7 day grace period after the due date?

There never was a seven-day grace period after the due date for mailed reports.

The suggestion is that we must provide a copy of the 'Arrival Card', both front and back, but that portion of the card is removed when we come into Thailand, so we do not have access to it.

The only portion that we retain in our passports is the 'Departure Card', which is blank on the reverse.

• Like 1

"You also need to supply a copy of TM6 (arrival card), which must show both the front and back".

I'm not going to get my passport and look right now, but is there actually anything on the back?

On mine, there is absolutely nothing...

Glegolo

Same here

Nothing on the backside arrival departure card ......dont they even knowing their own documents ?

No they don't..............................nothing on mine either when I came back into the country March 26 this year.

Where do they keep all this paperwork ? Land fill ?

I've never quite understood, why some people consider the 90 day, in-person reporting, a hassle??? Perhaps someone will enlighten me?

I did my 90 day report a week or so ago. 10-15 minute drive to the office, around 8-10 minutes inside the office. EZPZ.

Before Udon had it's own Immigration Office, I would regularly drive to the Nong Khai office for my renewals and my 90 day reporting.

I looked at as an opportunity to get out of Udon for a day.

Drive up to Nong Khai/Friendship Bridge in the morning with another couple, drop off our wives at the Friendship Bridge, so they could go across the bridge, and shop Duty Free for my malt whisky, and other assorted items at the open market on the Lao side.

Meanwhile my friend and I would go to Immigration, then drive somewhere for coffee. Then we'd head back to bridge, pick our wives up, and go have a relaxing lunch at a riverside restaurant. A nice day.

Guess for those of you who reside in Bkk, going to Immigration might be a hassle.

But, I don't know if I'd want to trust the Thai Post. They've "lost" letters of mine before. Why chance it with something so important?

Perhaps, one day Immigration will have online reporting, where you will get instant confirmation, and you can print the confirmation page out for verification later, if needed.

Until then, I will be returning in-person to the Immigration Office, for my 90 day reports.

• Like 2

Mail? Stamps? Paper copies? What's all that?

With all that handling of paperwork at Immigration, just as maxjay has said above, why on earth don't they develop an online system for entering the 90 day reports and save everyone a lot of time and money. And that's not even considering the potential for mail "loss".