Phuket gang members arrested for shooting

Lite Beer

Phuket gang members arrested for shooting
Darawan Naknakhon

1409978323_1.jpg

wanwai gang member, 18-year-old Broonphrom Chopeng.

PHUKET : Two local teens of the Wanwai gang were arrested Friday (September 5) for shooting at local rental shop and resident last Tuesday (September 2) over a girlfriend.

Kathu police Lt.Col Somsak Tongkleang and investigation officers arrested Tontakla Kongsritong, 17, in Moo Baan Phuket villa in Wichit and seized one home-made .38 handgun and five bullets in the process.

Police also arrested, a second teen who assisted with the shooting, Boonphrom Choopeng, 18, Moo Baan Bangtong in Kathu. During that arrest, police seized one home-made .22 handgun with casing and one .22 shotgun shell.

Both teenagers were charged with possession of illegal firearms and ammunition, carrying gun in public without a permit, and assault with a deadly weapon.

The shooting incident occurred on September 2 at 10:54pm when twenty of Wanwai gang members stormed in with their motorbikes in front of BR rental shop on Phang Gna Rd in Phuket Town. Three of the gang members started shooting into the shop, then moved on to a house in Soi Surin and shot into it before speeding away.

Through the investigation, police learned that the the teens were targeting a man who had hit on one the gang member's girlfriends. The teens believed that the man was in one of those two locations, but were unable to find him.

Nobody was hurt during the shootings.

Police identified the assailants from security camera footage, said Lt. Col. Somsak. Both perps admitted that they were upset Bank hit on one of the gang member's girlfriends.

A third gang member turned himself over to police later on Wednesday (September 3).

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gang-members-arrested-for-shooting-48597.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-06

These little yaba heads are the future of this Country, good luck to the new PM !

Maybe when he is revising the education system he might consider lessons on morality, also designate a Police officer in every province responsible for giving talks to these kids at school.

Show them pictures of a shot person, also results of motorbike accidents without helmet .

• Like 1

These little yaba heads are the future of this Country, good luck to the new PM !

Maybe when he is revising the education system he might consider lessons on morality, also designate a Police officer in every province responsible for giving talks to these kids at school.

Show them pictures of a shot person, also results of motorbike accidents without helmet .

Well actually pretty much anywhere they are a minority, you only hear about this kind of stuff so often because it makes for good news. Do you ever hear about the college graduates? I know many well educated and law abiding Thais, 2 of which can speak better English than myself and have a bigger vocabulary. Every country has law breakers and nearly every country has a war against drugs and gangs. Again, these a minority.

Edited by monk213
  • Like 1

Well actually pretty much anywhere they are a minority, you only hear about this kind of stuff so often because it makes for good news. Do you ever hear about the college graduates? I know many well educated and law abiding Thais, 2 of which can speak better English than myself and have a bigger vocabulary. Every country has law breakers and nearly every country has a war against drugs and gangs. Again, these a minority.

Sure, but I chose to live here, and I don't like what "the area" is turning into.

Sure, but I chose to live here, and I don't like what "the area" is turning into.

Then quite simply, move away... You have little to no power over the situation so why fight it? If you don't like it move away, simple.