Which immigration office can I report to?

My 'yellow book' residence is in Lamphun but on the Lamphun/Lampang province border near Doi Khuntan. I just found out that Lampang has a relatively new immigration office. How can I find out if I can report to the Lampang immigration instead of Chiang Mai?

I might have answered my own questions here. I found this TV thread discussing the new immigration office in Lampang: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/675650-new-lampang-immigration-office/

I checked out the links to Google Map and it's almost accurate. Only about one building off. I went to 'Street View' and found the old Lampang Police Station sign to verify the building location. Must be an older picture as the building and parking areas are closed off.

I'm going to make my next 90 day reporting run to Lampang to just check it out. It will be a nice day out for me and the Mrs to go somewhere different than Chiang Mai. Don't have to go until November, but I'll give it a report after I go. I've read that it's only open on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but I'll verify when I go. I've attached a Google Earth placemark pointing out the building.

Google Placemark - Lampang Immigration

Lampang Immigration.kmz

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

I live 5 klms from a district boundary , so instead of driving to my nearest immi office. 80klm round trip , i have to drive to my district immi office , a 250 klm round trip.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Don't they accept reports by mail. I do mine by mail costs me 47 baht, 10 baht stamp on the return envelope and 37 baht EMS. I mailed mine on Monday morning and it arrived at the office on Tueday. It's about a 200+ kilometer round trip for me also.

I live 5 klms from a district boundary , so instead of driving to my nearest immi office. 80klm round trip , i have to drive to my district immi office , a 250 klm round trip.

Similar situation as me, as I live about 10 Km from the boundary, I live in Buriram and my district office is a 250Km round trip BUT I do my 90 day reports @ Korat Immigration which in only 120Km round trip....I only visit my district office once a year to renew my extension of stay. Most of the farangs who live near me do the same....

Edited by mxyzptlk

I have the same problem, but this is Thailand, it is not in their make up to make things easier for you.

My 'yellow book' residence is in Lamphun but on the Lamphun/Lampang province border near Doi Khuntan. I just found out that Lampang has a relatively new immigration office. How can I find out if I can report to the Lampang immigration instead of Chiang Mai?

Ring them!

I have the same problem, but this is Thailand, it is not in their make up to make things easier for you.

I've found the opposite t you since I've been here. I've found the vast majority of Thais more than happy to help make my life easier. And that includes some very helpful immigration officers at both Bangkok and Chiang Mai offices.

I've found the opposite t you since I've been here. I've found the vast majority of Thais more than happy to help make my life easier. And that includes some very helpful immigration officers at both Bangkok and Chiang Mai offices.

I agree with you, but I am not talking about Immigration officers here, I am on about forcing you to go to a particular IO when there is one much closer to your home.

• Like 1

If you book shows Lamphun address you may still having to do it in Chiang Mai, if Lamphun is Chiang Mai province.

Doing in Lampang will be nice and easy. Not so many expats in Lampang, and if the office is by the City building, so many nice places and temples to visit around it.....The tourism office is by the same building and you can get free maps and info if need it.

They should scrap this whole regional immigration office rubbish and let foreigners go to the most convient immigration office available. They are part of the royal thai police force. Example: I am robbed while on holiday, but my house is in a different province should I go to the nearest police station my address is located which is 200+ km away or should go to the nearest police station where the incident happened and it is only 5km away but goes into a different province? It is about time immigration offices are upto date with datebases so they can all communicate with each other, majority of Thai's all have the latest phones and gadgets here in the LOS but are so in the dark-ages when it comes to inter-linked government office communication. Thats my 10 cents anyway!

• Like 1