Cheapest Flights To Laos

monk213

No cheap flights from BKK to Vientiane but you can fly Nok or Air Asia to Udon Thani and take a bus directly from the airport to the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai; one hour. After crossing the border, about a 30 to 45 minute taxi ride to Vientiane: B200 to B300.

• Like 2

No cheap flights from BKK to Vientiane but you can fly Nok or Air Asia to Udon Thani and take a bus directly from the airport to the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai; one hour. After crossing the border, about a 30 to 45 minute taxi ride to Vientiane: B200 to B300.

Ah owel, the reasons for me flying mainly were to not have to deal with the hassle of the frienship bridge leaving Thailand, all the scams, commotion etc. Thanks, I will weigh up if it is worth flying directly to Vientiane or not.

Wikipedia is very useful for these kinds of things, I've found. If you look at the airport wiki page, it will usually list all the airlines, and all their corresponding destinations, on the page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wattay_International_Airport#Airlines_and_destinations

The following airlines fly from BKK to Vientiane:

Bangkok Airways

Lao Airlines

Lao Central Airlines

Thai Smile

Then just go to each of those airlines websites, and plug in your flight date.

Ah owel, the reasons for me flying mainly were to not have to deal with the hassle of the frienship bridge leaving Thailand, all the scams, commotion etc. Thanks, I will weigh up if it is worth flying directly to Vientiane or not.

What scams? I crossed recently and got a visa on arrival without any problem. It only took a few minutes. What commotion? Just get a bus from the bridge to Laos immigration. Takes a few minutes.

• Like 1

Wikipedia is very useful for these kinds of things, I've found. If you look at the airport wiki page, it will usually list all the airlines, and all their corresponding destinations, on the page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wattay_International_Airport#Airlines_and_destinations

The following airlines fly from BKK to Vientiane:

Bangkok Airways

Lao Airlines

Lao Central Airlines

Thai Smile

Then just go to each of those airlines websites, and plug in your flight date.

I think he wants someone to do the work for him.

This is what most of the expats living in Laos do.

Lao Central Airlines is very cheap.....BKK-VTE. They also fly from Vientiane to Luang Prabang

Agreed. By far the cheapest and easiest way to Vientiane or Luang Probang. Almost half the price of all the other options. This is a budget airline that many mix up with Lao Airlines which are as expensive as BKK Air. I flew to Vientiane and on to Luang Probang and return to BKK on a promotion for less than 5,000 Baht. Vientiane from memory was 1,800 Baht return.