Bangkok firm faces probe after sex killing by guard

webfact

MURDER
Firm faces probe after sex killing by guard

Kornkamol Aksorndej
Montien Intaket
The Nation

30242837-01_big.jpg?1410216634870

BANGKOK: -- POLICE WILL investigate a firm that provided security guards to a Bangkok condo project after one of its guards was charged with sexually molesting and killing a four-year-old girl last week. The victim's body was found in a sewerage pipe on Saturday afternoon.

We believe the suspect is not a Thai national because he speaks Thai with a Myanmar accent. He also doesn't hold a national Thai ID card," Deputy Metropolitan Police Commissioner Maj-General Amnuay Nimmano said yesterday. "We will check if his employer has followed all the laws."

Metropolitan Police Division 8 chief Maj-General Rassadakorn Yingyong said the suspect had identified himself as Chatree Seedee.

According to ongoing investigation, Chatree has never had any ID card. Over the past year, he managed to get a job and worked as a temporary security guard at a condo block. Thanks to his job, he became quite familiar with his victim, who lived in the same neighbourhood. She called him, "Bro Security Guard".

Chatree told police that he was drunk when he committed the crimes last Wednesday - the same day the girl's family started searching for her frantically. According to Chatree, he strangled her when she resisted his sexual advances and tried to call for help.

The girl's father said he could not accept what had happened and that his heart was burning with anger and pain. "I was very close to my daughter. I am divorced. We often hugged each other," he said, wracked in grief.

The Rights and Liberties Protection Department yesterday gave Bt100,000 compensation to the father in line with the law that promises remedial action for victims of crimes.

Police say Chatree faced charges on several counts, including moves to cover up his wrongdoing. Police will also object to any bail request for him.

The Metropolitan Police Bureau also announced yesterday that police had found and detained 105 suspects between September 1 and September 6 who were wanted on arrest warrants.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Firm-faces-probe-after-sex-killing-by-guard-30242837.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-09

We believe the suspect is not a Thai national because he speaks Thai with a Myanmar accent. He also doesn't hold a national Thai ID card," Deputy Metropolitan Police Commissioner Maj-General Amnuay Nimmano said yesterday. "We will check if his employer has followed all the laws."

Not Thai-just drunk = BS bah.gifbah.gif

How utterly sick can a person be.

Some security firms hire police and military only, others hire anyone that comes cheap, hardly any questions asked. Same all over the world.

In Hong Kong an applicant to a security company has to produce a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction issued by the police before being licensed and employed.

If the job is to entail carrying a shotgun a police course has to be completed and the appropriate permits obtained.

This doesn't mean that all security guards are properly checked and licensed and small companies etc. will do a' private hire ' without any checks etc.

One of the watchmen who sat on the ground floor of a high rise where I once lived had only one arm ! To be fair though when a young man broke into an apartment in the next block and robbed a Japanese lady who screamed her head off the ' one arm bandit ' was first there and tackled the robber while some of the younger security guards ' lagged ' behind.

Some security firms hire police and military only, others hire anyone that comes cheap, hardly any questions asked. Same all over the world.

In Hong Kong an applicant to a security company has to produce a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction issued by the police before being licensed and employed.

If the job is to entail carrying a shotgun a police course has to be completed and the appropriate permits obtained.

This doesn't mean that all security guards are properly checked and licensed and small companies etc. will do a' private hire ' without any checks etc.

One of the watchmen who sat on the ground floor of a high rise where I once lived had only one arm ! To be fair though when a young man broke into an apartment in the next block and robbed a Japanese lady who screamed her head off the ' one arm bandit ' was first there and tackled the robber while some of the younger security guards ' lagged ' behind.

In Munich (Germany) the "black sheriffs" - private security guards patrolling the subway, operating in couples and one of them carrying a firearm - for over 90% were rejected for psychological reasons when they applied with the police. So they applied with the security company doing the subway. The guys were known for being unstable and occasionally beating up tramps very bad, as the tramps were not wanted there by the management. This was the case back in the 90ies; dunno about the present situation.

There is plenty of video footage of police brutality and even killings in the USA and other countries.

If you have a large group of thousands of people in any profession you always will have rotten apples, criminals, psychos among them. This, even when the selection is done very strict and responsible.

• Like 2

Apart from the suspect supposedly being a foreigner with no Thai I/D does anyone know if there's any legal requirements for security companies do do background checks etc. on applicants before they are hired ?

I ask because I just don't know but of course I do know legal requirements are one thing but compliance can be a world away.

We believe the suspect is not a Thai national because he speaks Thai with a Myanmar accent.

Make sure you get that in first, eh.

Regardless, this subhuman piece of excrement absolutely must be put to sleep. There can be no excuse -- 'drunk'!!! -- and no helping it. Disgusting!

• Like 1

In Thailand security guards at residence blocks are are a complete misnomer. They are gofers who merely give the impression of structure and control while providing very little of any real substance. Much like everything else in this country.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

On a smaller and very different point irrelevant to this story, many security guards are employed on a 7 days a week basis, they never have a day off, which in fact is illegal under the Thai Labor Law.

Also no training, in other words it's very possible the guard at your condo, work place etc., has no idea whatever what he/she is supposed to be looking out for.

• Like 2

Very sad case. It seems this guy meets and or exceeds TSA hiring standards

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

On a smaller and very different point irrelevant to this story, many security guards are employed on a 7 days a week basis, they never have a day off, which in fact is illegal under the Thai Labor Law.

Also no training, in other words it's very possible the guard at your condo, work place etc., has no idea whatever what he/she is supposed to be looking out for.

Agree. Does MRT security make anyone feel safe? seems virtually impossible to adequately screen the high volum entering the mrt. regardless of training or lack of.

This is such a disturbing story... of course the hiring company should be held responsible, and the criminal can't possibly be punished harshly enough.

The guy is a Burmese immigrant though... with the need to find a guilty party, what's the chance he's being framed? The underclass and foreigners are always an easy scapegoat in every country in the world, I shouldn't need to remind anyone

I notice they were quick to point out the fact that he wasn't Thai. Who cares where he's from?

As long as he gets what's coming to him, that's the important thing.

..................."The Rights and Liberties Protection Department yesterday gave Bt100,000 compensation to the father in line with the law that promises remedial action for victims of crimes"...................

I can't even begin to imagine what the father's going through! If I had the choice of B100k or left alone with him in a sound proof room for an hour with a pair of pliers...........................

Edited by Cuchulainn
  • Like 1

Our guards are mostly great guys. One likes a tipple now and then. Our condo is quite secure and never had a break in attempt or theft, according to those who live here since it opened. Our condo is small - 27 units. And we get along well with the guards - give them an iced tea or snack if we are out buying one... etc.

I noticed once in a while they pull double shifts :o

Not Thai-just drunk = BS bah.gifbah.gif

Recently the train rapist and killer and the killer of cartoon were both Thai.. i really wonder why Thais always seem to want to put the blame elsewhere they are as bad as any other country.

• Like 1