Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

Many reasons which can only be understood when you experience them for yourself.

I can go for a run down to the park in Bangkok and I will at least 3 women sat waiting for a bus who are 10 times more attractive than any woman I see the whole time I am back in the UK. Everyone back there seems to be a fat bird with an attitude problem these days.

Not the most important reason I know - but it sure does make life more pleasant on a day-to-day basis.

• Like 1

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This all has to do with social standing. In general have you looked at the men that marry these woman. Not your cream of the crop I would think

Then ask yourself the question What was their social life back in their own country.

I was lucky I guess I am with a very hard working corporate girl. Very pretty Very smart So sometimes I ask myself why on earth is she with me .

The only answer I come up with after 7 years is She must love me

• Like 1

These girls are looking for an easy way out and for the better of themselves.

Most of the men I know who married such women are not with them anymore. The thing is, if they are willing to marry one of their clients, they are willing to screw him over too, usually once a house has been built.

Most of the mates I know that married 'such women' are still happily married with a couple of family homes and plots of land locally and up country. The kids have grown up and are being educated mostly overseas. In fact, of the exactly 8 parings that I am friends and keep in touch with, only 1 marriage has gone sour and ended in divorce but the guy had mostly done his homework and didn't lose the farm or bits of his anatomy.

I am sorry that the 'men you know' didn't appear to do their homework. Maybe they were fishing in the same shallow pond.

PS. My family are still coping with the social stigma when my sister married an American.

Rubbish....

Seriously...look at the stats. Most of these marriages do not work. I think you are the only one I know that actually seen 100 percent success rates with their buddies marrying sex gals.

• Like 2

Are there any women who leave a bloke without lining their pockets?

there actually exists (believe it or or not) an astonishing world in which some people marry with comparable socio-economic platforms and may even set forth a pre-nuptial agreement since neither wants to lose what they have worked for.

A recent release of a paper by a Harvard Law School Olin Fellow explains that about 5 percent of married people have such an agreement (Pre nup).

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/13993/legal_matters/a_harvard_law_school_takes_a_look_at_prenuptial_agreements.html

Edited by thailiketoo

What I don't get, and ain't don't mean to offend anyone, but couples get married, where the guy usually doesn't speak Thai and the girl doesn't usually speak English? So what a the common ground?

I don't want to criticize but this is the reason we need sex education in the schools.

Without Women of ill-repute ,the Wild West in America & Canada may never had been settled !

The World's oldest profession , needs to legalized and participants working at it protected by law not punished!

Plus collect taxes from them too , and regular Medical examinations go with the Taxes !

As it says in the Bible ,it is better to lay thy seed in the womb of a whore , then to lay it by the wayside !

Funny how prudish religious people try to avoid that verse !

• Like 2

"Thai girls of ill-repute" The words of a pious sack of sh*t, who knows nothing of the economic burden so many girls are born into. You have a computer? You have a mobile phone? Look into them and see the components produced by Thais and other Asians, working under slave labour conditions.

The girl who has no choice but to submit to the indignities of sex tourists, to feed her aging parents, and most likely her children being cared for by her parents, is worth more than you. They have an integrity you couldn't touch. Your attitude is sickening. .

There have been some silly posts on here but this is just insane.

Hookers integrity no choice!!!!

Go to the Amata industrial park ( chon buri) and see the 1000's of jobs available for women who are basically not lazy and have some self worth.

Go for a drink in soi cowboy in afternoon as they arrive loaded up with iPads, skypeing, arranging on their iPhones..

Thailand will go nowhere in terms of perception until the bar scene is reduced, more discrete..it's a shame as this is the thing Thailand is most known for...if you have daughters sometimes it just horrifies you what people come on here and say.

Having terrible parents is the issue.Allowing their daughters to be treated like chattels..the old farang on the other end is not to blame..

While I agree with you about the availability of jobs I really don't know how the bar industry can get much more discreet. 95% of the industry is Thai on Thai and already very discreet. Heck they even have curtains in parking lots. Now you can't get much more discreet than even making sure your car isn't naked.

• Like 1

Without Women of ill-repute ,the Wild West in America & Canada may never had been settled !

The World's oldest profession , needs to legalized and participants working at it protected by law not punished!

Plus collect taxes from them too , and regular Medical examinations go with the Taxes !

As it says in the Bible ,it is better to lay thy seed in the womb of a whore , then to lay it by the wayside !

Funny how prudish religious people try to avoid that verse !

I am going to reread the bible now. From what I see, I been tossing my seed on the wayside much too long...

And all the wine they drink.....sounds quite cheerful. Changing water into wine kind of made Jesus my hero. He would be invited to all my parties.

• Like 1

Most of the men I know who married such women are not with them anymore. The thing is, if they are willing to marry one of their clients, they are willing to screw him over too, usually once a house has been built.

Most of the mates I know that married 'such women' are still happily married with a couple of family homes and plots of land locally and up country. The kids have grown up and are being educated mostly overseas. In fact, of the exactly 8 parings that I am friends and keep in touch with, only 1 marriage has gone sour and ended in divorce but the guy had mostly done his homework and didn't lose the farm or bits of his anatomy.

I am sorry that the 'men you know' didn't appear to do their homework. Maybe they were fishing in the same shallow pond.

PS. My family are still coping with the social stigma when my sister married an American.

Rubbish....

Seriously...look at the stats. Most of these marriages do not work. I think you are the only one I know that actually seen 100 percent success rates with their buddies marrying sex gals.

You have your statistics to look at. I have the realities as stated.

If you want, you can drop by next week and meet them as we are having a get together, an unofficial wake for a buddy who died last Tuesday and was cremated up country as requested in his will. We are all in our 50's and 60's and are living a rich, enjoyable and happy life in Thailand as ex- Johns.

BTW, I stated that 8 couples are still together and one couple is divorced. I never claimed 100% joy and happiness. I also didn't include the 4 guys that were happily married when they passed away either. Probably a good job since your math skills appear as narrow as your mind.

Edited by NanLaew

First if all no one is forcing them to marry , but they do it on their own will.

It's about their own choice.

Some ladies are into this as they don't have any other way to support livelihood. And some for quick money and addiction.

Some are players and some are ordinary good hearted people. Just the same way in so calked regular society some ladies are prayers and some are just another ordinary girl.

By the way what does the op expect to meet in a bar? A nan? Or some banker or well paid high official looking for a foreign mate?

So mate it hardly works like that.

None of my business, unless I'm paying the bills.

I prefer to keep my own house in order and to live and let live.

Queries such as these are of little use, other than giving the hand that holds the bottle, a rest.

What ill repute are you referring to OP?

These girls are making a way of living and most of the time they do it out of necessity for a better life for their families and kids and not because they like to go to bed with any Tom Dick and Harry.

But they are humans as you and me and it is proven that they can be much better wives and mothers than some respectable other women.

I have a lot of people that I know that have been married to these ill repute girls as you put it and have a wonderful life.

I like to add the following......

Hardly anybody likes or condones slavery, right?

So how comes most of us participate one way or another in slavery? Let me explain.....

A slave was told what to do, how to do it, when to do it, etc. A slave had no other choice.

If you and I hire somebody for 8 hours a day, or take a job, we are committing part time slavery.

See what happens for 8 hours a day: somebody tells us what to do, how to do it, when to do it, etc. for 8 hours you have no choice. Unless you want to get fired..... And then the same thing happens in your next job.

Is committing, allowing or participating in slavery any better then a Thai lady usung her talents to make a living?

I don't think so.

R.

Who can be sure that some lovely western women in her late 20's or early 30's at some stage wasn't a hooker, (see the scenario below) ????

There are plenty of well educated Thai girls with respectable jobs, who resorted to "Hawk the Fork" to make ends meet from time to time, while they go to uni etc etc, so do they fall into the filthy bar tart category as well and how would you know if that had been the case ????

QED - only on Thaivisa could you get a misogynistic comment like that.......

'Easy' visa for one, I expect.

Why do Thai men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

They usually don't marry them.

Most of them have a Thai guy in tow, whether a boy friend, gik, husband or just plain pimp

That's entirely beside the point.

The Thai guys don't marry sex workers.

(Marry as in go to the Amphur office and fill out the marriage contract papers)

They live with them, they live off them, they use them as sex toys, they even have children with them, but marriage is considered a step too far.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

'Easy' visa for one, I expect.

Why do Thai men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

They usually don't marry them.

Most of them have a Thai guy in tow, whether a boy friend, gik, husband or just plain pimp

That's entirely beside the point.

The Thai guys don't marry sex workers.

(Marry as in go to the Amphur office and fill out the marriage contract papers)

They live with them, they live off them, they use them as sex toys, they even have children with them, but marriage is considered a step too far.

So how does the Thai guy get the house and land?

Many of them are misfits who couldn't find a woman who would have them in their own countries.

Many think they're 'saving' hookers, but that's not a basis for a long term relationship.

Some just don't care provided they can get their rocks off regularly.

The rest....I don't know about them.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

Rubbish....

You have your statistics to look at. I have the realities as stated.

If you want, you can drop by next week and meet them as we are having a get together, an unofficial wake for a buddy who died last Tuesday and was cremated up country as requested in his will. We are all in our 50's and 60's and are living a rich, enjoyable and happy life in Thailand as ex- Johns.

BTW, I stated that 8 couples are still together and one couple is divorced. I never claimed 100% joy and happiness. I also didn't include the 4 guys that were happily married when they passed away either. Probably a good job since your math skills appear as narrow as your mind.

thanks for narrowing my mind.

However....your world is quite small. Eight friends who are happy...versus several hundred I know, during a lengthy military career, who have married girls from bars. Counseling sessions, broken marriages, domestic violence, alcoholism.....all played a part. Most of the wives would disappear from sight as soon as the husband's ship launched.

Reality is a big pill to swallow.

Again...your narrow world is not mine.

• Like 1