American falls to his death from 5/fl of Bangkok's Nana Hotel

webfact

American falls from Bangkok hotel's 5th floor to death

BANGKOK: -- A 51-year-old American fled from unknown attacker into the Nana Hotel on Soi Sukhumvit 4 at 5:45 am and fell to his death from the hotel's fifth floor.

Hotel staffs told police that the man, identified as Kevin [surname removed], ran with blood-soaking face into the hotel but he would not say who attacked him. He just ran upstairs to the fifth floor and fell down.

The man would not even let hotel staffs came close to him and threw things at the staffs when they tried to ask him what happened.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/American-falls-from-Bangkok-hotels-5th-floor-to-de-30243132.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-12

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ran up and fell down??? Is there an outside to that floor or did he have to entire a room first? Who let him up? He didn't take the elevator, he ran? Plus all the other questions already in this thread and to come. Or is "Suicide" just a one page file?

Edited by taony
  • Like 2

During my time in Hong Kong in the summer months we used to joke it was dangerous to walk near high rise buildings due to the chance of being hit by a falling student committing suicide because his / her grades weren't good enough for tertiary education.

Bkk and Pattaya are no better it seems.

What a seamen stained dump to meet your final demise in. Bad luck and R.I.P fella

I don't think the United States Navy ever stays there Jeremy.

But I am sure Master Bates and Captain Pugwash might have........Ohhh I am sure I saw four skin divers there too, maybe deep see diving or something like that.

Edited by LotusBoy
  • Like 1

Must be them ladyboys again.

Believe it or not, I once took refuge in the Nana Hotel while running away from a pack of big, angry ladyboys. They were after me because I warned a drunk farang in the soi that he was about to have his pocket picked by one of them. I used my knowledge of the hotel to my advantage, though: The ladyboys saw me go in the front door, but they didn't see me go out the back door. For the next three weeks I didn't leave my apartment in Soi Nana.

• Like 2

Well.. he was out until 5.45am - maybe with the wrong lassie.

That does not necessarily explain how he fell from the 5th floor of the hotel, or even got up there. Throwing things at staff - sure he pissed off a few people - but no need to throw him out from a height!

He "just ran up and fell down" my ass. Maybe spiked drinks, maybe took a girl with a bf.... who knows....... but how he got to the 5th floor will ever remain a mystery.

.......my bet would be in the lift, second choice the stairs.

Edited by daoyai

Quiz: When we read reports where people die, what do they all have in common?

A: There is nothing funny about people dying.
B: It is disrespectful to make fun of the suffering of others, up to and including those grieving friends and family left behind.
C: It is a reflection of the poor taste and judgement of the authors of 'death satire' and reveals a personality that is rather odd.
D: All of the above.

If you answered "D" ... congratulations and welcome to the human race.

This particular story strikes a personal chord with me. I almost died in the same hotel in 1980. Was not funny then, still not funny, never will be funny.

Edited by Guest

Must be them ladyboys again.

Believe it or not, I once took refuge in the Nana Hotel while running away from a pack of big, angry ladyboys. They were after me because I warned a drunk farang in the soi that he was about to have his pocket picked by one of them. I used my knowledge of the hotel to my advantage, though: The ladyboys saw me go in the front door, but they didn't see me go out the back door. For the next three weeks I didn't leave my apartment in Soi Nana.

Yes, well done. But there was no need to stay indoors for 3 weeks...a Phil Spector wig would have fooled them lady boys.