Scotsman Brutally Assaulted By Thais In Pattaya, Police Say

Lite Beer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are attacked and mugged robbed are not all low life as you describe them I was attacked in Pattaya and robbed and lost the sight in one eye admitted I was drunk and I was heading home after a night out drinking with friends both Thai and farang was not in dispute with any Thais male or female at the time but I was definitely not expecting someone to run up behind me with a baseball bat and hit me from behind at full belt not a lot you can do after being knocked unconscious regardless of the pack size. Apparently they were only interested in my wallet and not my wellbeing. I also had a business associate along with his wife who were on holiday in the US and were mugged at gun point and they were not a low lifers either or his wife.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the newspaper refers to Scotsman not Brit. Indians are referred to as Brits along with a host of other nations holding British Passports.

Anyway a Scotsman is usually used to this sort of thing it wouldn't even make the local newspaper in Scotland.

They are perhaps only 5-6 days ahead of the reality.

And ANYONE who knows Scots people, knows they want to be referred to as Scottish not British.

Yes, a non event in Glasgow.

• Like 1

What about the other foreign man?

No assistance from him?

What about the other tourists overlooking?

No assistance from them?

If you are a coward, you are a coward, irrespective if you are Thai, farang or from Mars.

Ladyboys were available but did not have time to remove high heels

• Like 2

Was the Scots victim shouting 'No' or 'Yes'? I hope he recovers. After this week he will know whether to go to the British Embassy for help or the Scottish?. I wish him well. Advice-- never get into a confrontation with a Thai. Verbal or otherwise.

Not long ago I had problem over bar bill. Charged me 300 baht each for ladydrink.

Next day close by I was attacked by 3 blokes. Not serious didn't cop it in face. Just top and back of head. Told the Thai gf who was waiting for me at a bar while I went toilet

She suggested we go to police. I smiled and ordered a Leo. Go to police for what. So they can hit me up for baht.

Shouldn't be difficult to find out who the hired help was , as it mentions the bar owner calling them , a little bit heat on to the owner from the army / police and they will soon face what they are due, I feel for the person that it happened too as it is too easy to get into bother over dodgy bills , name and shame the bar is the best way ,

This country ain't Disneyland. Come and have a good time, but don't mess around. Don't shortchange, don't argue. Unless you've got a switchblade in your pocket & love to scrap. If you're overcharged & can't resolve the issue nicely, pay up & make a note never to go back. I'm pretty much assimilated & rarely hang with farangs or in farang venues--but I've seen this kind of thing happen among Thais. I've also had a bar owner chase me down the street after realizing she'd shortchanged me (I was to drunk to notice).

On intervention: My wife'll charge in with umbrella swinging if a couple of young men are beating up a third...

• Like 1

Note to self: Do not argue with people outside bars in the early hours of the morning. It never ends well.

All these incidents revolve around alcohol and bars in the early hours of the morning. Same in all countries where people drink too much.

Here's the thing. If you go down to a red light area anywhere in the world and start squawking about prices and speaking bad to the girls then you are going to get your head kicked in. The problem as I see it is that most tourists are not here long enough to know how to get everything without getting into trouble.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the newspaper refers to Scotsman not Brit. Indians are referred to as Brits along with a host of other nations holding British Passports.

Anyway a Scotsman is usually used to this sort of thing it wouldn't even make the local newspaper in Scotland.

And ANYONE who knows Scots people, knows they want to be referred to as Scottish not British.

Not all have that preference.

Glasgow is a wonderful modern city. The days of 60's and 70's street violence are long gone. It wasn't the European city of culture without reason.

London, Liverpool, Manchester all have there rough areas. Glasgow is no different to any big city, and certainly not worse these days.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

They are usually a bunch of cowards, who wait until they have a gang before trying it on. Get in quick before they have time to call friends. Problem is, most farang low lifes in Pattaya are too drunk to notice they are in trouble.

Low lifes?

Crimes against foreigners are common in Pattaya.

In many cases including this one it's because foreigners get heavily intoxicated there, have no idea about Thais and their culture and make them lose face by throwing their weight about.

Most of us have been here for years and never had the slightest hint of a problem.

Very biased and questionable journalism there, trying to pass off Thais essentially as Farang-beaters.

why don't the thai put more police on the streets ,if there not up to the JOB put the army on the streets ,or maybe all hotels should fund a private army ,keep tourist safe ,place has gone down hill even over the last ten years ,in the 70s its was heaven ,little to nothing to do

The thai was armed with a knife costas

Are you Steven seagal or chuck Norris

Because if you are not here is some advice about

Dealing with armed Thais ....stay away from them if you value your life

The advice from a 3rd dan black belt I once trained with when someone pulls a knife out - RUN

• Like 2

They are usually a bunch of cowards, who wait until they have a gang before trying it on. Get in quick before they have time to call friends. Problem is, most farang low lifes in Pattaya are too drunk to notice they are in trouble.

Good to know that the annoying Mr-know-it-all types realise to stay out of trouble when they are too drunk laugh.png .

Thailand is going to lose its tourism industry unless it sorts out such situations and make Thailand, not just Pattaya a safe place for tourists.

It needs to take action quickly as well if the redirection of tourists to other countries doesnt reduce the tourism levels to a trickle

Not all have that preference.

Glasgow is a wonderful modern city. The days of 60's and 70's street violence are long gone. It wasn't the European city of culture without reason.

London, Liverpool, Manchester all have there rough areas. Glasgow is no different to any big city, and certainly not worse these days.

A lot of the trouble in Glasgow is caused by immigrants, mainly of the Eastern European variety, I have been told about it so often the last two times I was in Glasgow, I ran away from four of them who wanted to do me in for nothing more than walking down the street.