Bodies of foreign tourists found brutally murdered on Koh Tao beach

webfact

and is it me but thsi visa is becoming more and more a mouth piece of the junta, this story is huge yet Thai visa seem to have tucked it away in

'island news', making it look like they don't want it discussed.

cant agree more.this is national news

It went out in the Newsletter and has nearly 50,000 views in 12 hours so hardly trying to hide it are we? It is also in the main news section with several reports in Thailand Live.

ok but why less tragic stories are in the main news section?like "

"Woman jumps into crocodile farm in suicide bid"

or

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/760443-military-helps-thai-woman-get-money-back-from-friend/

seriously a woman helped by military to have her money back in the main section and this horrible killing not?

"Workers injured in Rayong building collapse"

the news is everywhere now the biggest newspaper of my country posted it on the website too

also here some people complains

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/760605-bangkok-train-shooting-police-know-identity-of-gunman-who-shot-student/

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing. We are booked to go there near Christmastime, 2014.

This is tragic news for the couple, their families local guests, everyone. What a dastardly act thing to do to this innocent couple. Catch these perpetrators quickly as possible. They are pigs, human scum. We are disgraced in Thailand now. God help TAT sorting this out. What a MESS! rip THE VICTIMS!

the double murders could affect thai tourism.what a statement.

what about the affect on the victims family's.

i am so ashamed to say i live here.

R.I.P.

Terrible but it happens EVERYWHERE. Sadly there is almost nowhere on earth, where Tourists have not been murdered at some stage.

Never the less, it is horrifying and very bad for our image but don't be "ashamed" to say you live here....there are so many POSITIVES about this country.

First of all RIP to the pour victims.

Secondly, some sick local has posted pictures of the mutilated bodies on FaceBook!!!!

This is a sick country!

The pictures on Facebook where posted by a police officer on his personal Facebook.

I truly agree that's disgusting, in the uk or America the police are tight lipped and would never even speak about what happened.

Over here you got the big police talking to the big locals on Koh Tao and Samui and also some of there own officers posting pictures on their facebooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A harsh lesson in vulnerability in a foreign country.

I've little doubt the victims were cavorting on the beach and the assailant has smashed the back of head of the male and he's rolled off the girl and she's been struck thereafter. The hoe was the ideal weapon to attack two persons in the prone position. It would've been almost impossible to inflict the same wounds had they both been mobile.

They had no chance to react and were summarily executed.

The perpetrator should face the full force of Thai law, whatever their nationality. In the current political climate it might, and should, be the sentence of death and I wouldn't argue.

the double murders could affect thai tourism.what a statement.

what about the affect on the victims family's.

i am so ashamed to say i live here.

R.I.P.

Terrible but it happens EVERYWHERE. Sadly there is almost nowhere on earth, where Tourists have not been murdered at some stage.

Never the less, it is horrifying and very bad for our image but don't be "ashamed" to say you live here....there are so many POSITIVES about this country.

The how of this story is very important.

It is possible to walk the beaches of many many tourist countries without fearing this type of thing.

A punch up yes, a robbery possibly.

But bludgeoned with a farm tool. Can't think when that happened on the Costa del Sol. It is the opportunistic and violent nature that is the problem.

The land of smiles grin is slipping. Really sad for the families.

Secondly, some sick local has posted pictures of the mutilated bodies on FaceBook!!!!

This is a sick country!

The pictures on Facebook where posted by a police officer on his personal Facebook.

I truly agree that's disgusting, in the uk or America the police are tight lipped and would never even speak about what happened.

Over here you got the big police talking to the big locals on Koh Tao and Samui and also some of there own officers posting pictures on their facebooks!

It is a sick country because one person posted pics on FB?

While yes police talk more openly in Thailand than the west. Clearly police do talk or you would read no details on cases. They just talk without being identified

This is a sick country!

While yes police talk more openly in Thailand than the west. Clearly police do talk or you would read no details on cases. They just talk without being identified

come on dude a cop who abuses of his role to post gruesome pics of a murder on his facebook page...would be suspended or fired everywhere else

Other "Falang" the killer!? blink.png

"A manhunt was under way for a backpacker suspected of murdering a British man and a woman found semi-naked on a beautiful Thai beach this morning.

The suspect may have fled to Bangkok from the divers' paradise island of Koh Toa"

"One of two friends of Mr Miller,24 from Jersey, left the island on the first ferry to the mainland at Chumpon and was believed to be heading for Bangkok.

Thai Police earlier arrested Miller's other friend, as yet unnamed, as he had some injuries on his hands. But they released him after he gave a 'satisfactory explanation' and their enquiries switched to his second friend."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brits-murdered-thailand-live-updates-4261347#ixzz3DQ1u0Mmi

and is it me but thsi visa is becoming more and more a mouth piece of the junta, this story is huge yet Thai visa seem to have tucked it away in

'island news', making it look like they don't want it discussed.

cant agree more.this is national news

It went out in the Newsletter and has nearly 50,000 views in 12 hours so hardly trying to hide it are we? It is also in the main news section with several reports in Thailand Live.

ok but why less tragic stories are in the main news section?like "

"Woman jumps into crocodile farm in suicide bid"

or

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/760443-military-helps-thai-woman-get-money-back-from-friend/

seriously a woman helped by military to have her money back in the main section and this horrible killing not?

"Workers injured in Rayong building collapse"

the news is everywhere now the biggest newspaper of my country posted it on the website too

also here some people complains

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/760605-bangkok-train-shooting-police-know-identity-of-gunman-who-shot-student/

This topic is all over the news section as has been explained to you, it is also in the News Letter.. It is then linked & given priority in the correct regional forum, that means the topics are still visible, readable, navigable ( to those who bother to read ) in the news section .

This is a sick country!

When did i ever say its a SICK country? I said that its disgusting that the cop would ever post something like that on personal facebook. The photos the cop posted where the originals from his own camera

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

this is terrible !! , and a real set back for the Island , RIP to the individuals

Lets just hope the police don't collar to random fisherman for the crime, and hunt down the real suspects

Yah! It doesn't get much worst than that.

For tourism in general as well.

Other "Falang" the killer!? blink.png

"A manhunt was under way for a backpacker suspected of murdering a British man and a woman found semi-naked on a beautiful Thai beach this morning.

The suspect may have fled to Bangkok from the divers' paradise island of Koh Toa"

"One of two friends of Mr Miller,24 from Jersey, left the island on the first ferry to the mainland at Chumpon and was believed to be heading for Bangkok.

Thai Police earlier arrested Miller's other friend, as yet unnamed, as he had some injuries on his hands. But they released him after he gave a 'satisfactory explanation' and their enquiries switched to his second friend."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brits-murdered-thailand-live-updates-4261347#ixzz3DQ1u0Mmi

I was just about to post this about the other so called friend as i read it a few hours ago. It certainly does seem a bit little odd for a friend to suddenly leave and head away to Bangkok when his friend has just been murdered nut we do not really know.

But...... as we still do not know exactly why he's left it's best to leave it and let the relevant authorities get on with their investigation. After all, the guy may not have been involved whatsoever and never even knew a thing about it, maybe he had that already planned to leave his friends and do his own thing.

So, right now all anything can possibly be is pure speculation as to who, what why etc and before the usual CSI thai Visa experts get started.

I know it's hard but at least try to have some respect for the 2 tragically killed and that quite possibly families or friends or whatever could look on here. It certainly doesn't help to read a few of the speculative theories by some sad individuals on here in earlier posts about what this young couple may or may not have been doing prior to their horrific deaths as it shows a distinct lack of respect.

Lets just hope the person or persons who are responsible for this get caught soon. R.I.P

Thai people always think there country is number 1.they are right.

Number 1. Sex.

Number 2. Drugs.

Number 3. Killings. What a shame for such a beautiful country.

God bless the deceased.

LMAO sorry, I have to call you out here, what a ridiculous post. Sex capital of the world, maybe.. On par with Amsterdam. Drugs, are you kidding me? Drugs are way easier and better to get back in the West. Killings? Go and see what is happening in the Middle East and also West Africa, oh and parts of America, way more murders. Your are delusional

Posts with links to photos, disrespectful posts removed.

Please use common sense & decency before posting. Show some respect to the deceased & their families.

excuse me,go tell this to the royal thai policeman who posted the horrific pics on his facebook page,along with pics of naked girls

Archived