British Tourist Injured in Pattaya Motorbike Accident

Rimmer

British Tourist Crashes Motorbike In Pattaya

268.jpg
PATTAYA:--PATTAYA – September 17, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 01.30 am Pol.Lt.Col.Anocha Nanthachai-inspector of Pattaya police station- was notified that there was an accident on Pattaya 3rd and there were some injured people. After notification the police officers and Sawang Borriboon Thamma Satharn rescue team rushed to the scene.

At the scene the officers found Mr.Anthony Peermaine aged 33 from England who had suffered a broken right leg and bruises to his body. Therefore the rescue team performed first aid on him before sending him to the Pattaya Memorial hospital. Also the officers found a Yamaha Nouvo motorbike on the ground.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/british-tourist-crashes-motorbike-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-18

Those motorbike shops/sidecars are a complete menace they should be wiped off the face of the earth.

Mr. Roti is looking at a big bill. 99% sure no insurance, tax and probably no license.

why are you blaming the 3 wheel bikes and Mr Roti, i have had nut jobs overtake me on the right side (thais and falangs) while i was on the verge of turning right (indicator on as you normally would) only to be overtaken at hi speed by some brain dead tosser on a death wish, i spare no sympathy for the british man, young, stupid and reckless

I'm not saying the Brit wasn't riding fast or maybe had too much too drink. I was remarking on the unpredictable driving of these three wheelers. They are cobbled together unroadworthy vehicles that seem to operate with impunity.

• Like 1

Those motorbike shops/sidecars are a complete menace they should be wiped off the face of the earth.

Mr. Roti is looking at a big bill. 99% sure no insurance, tax and probably no license.

why are you blaming the 3 wheel bikes and Mr Roti, i have had nut jobs overtake me on the right side (thais and falangs) while i was on the verge of turning right (indicator on as you normally would) only to be overtaken at hi speed by some brain dead tosser on a death wish, i spare no sympathy for the british man, young, stupid and reckless

I'm not saying the Brit wasn't riding fast or maybe had too much too drink. I was remarking on the unpredictable driving of these three wheelers. They are cobbled together unroadworthy vehicles that seem to operate with impunity.

you dont need 3 wheels under you to be unpredictable in thailand my friend

Riding his motorbike at SPEED.... Says it all, whatever the reason for the crash, if he had been driving slower it could of been

Avoided .....

SPEED KILLS...

We see it all the time in Thailand...

And that speed was.... ?

As the Article quotes, he was driving at Speed... Says it all, or do I have to spell it out to you ???

Do they use some preformatted boilerplate for these reports "police rushed to the scene"... "after administering first aid taken to blah blah" Happens so often think easiest to just fill in a few blanks and bingo, article done.

Those motorcycles with side carts more often than not lack running lights on the side cart. Friend of mine almost killed due to that "oversight". Then of course there are the drivers that disable ALL rear running lights because red is supposed to attract ghosts... Would be nice to know reporters definition of "at speed". 1kmph? 50? If wasn't running at "speed" we call that "parking" or "idling". It's like my saying "I have slept with Angelina Jollie a number of times" (The number is 0, btw).

Of course the falangs fault. When has it ever been any other way. Had a friend in brand new pick up, so all lights working, had a local woman run into the back of him on a bike. His fault. Maybe he shouldnt have braked so as not to hit the car in front. Maybe he should have been aware that there was a bike behind him with a woman on the phone so he should not have braked. It still cost him as police made it obvious that he should pay for her medical bills and small compensation. They were adamant so he relented. TIT

Unless the guy had a UK motorbike license he won't be covered by his travel insurance. So he will have a hefty hospital bill coming his away. I sound heartless but Thailand really is a place you have to look out for yourself; no safety net or nanny state.

• Like 1

A country doesn't need to provide "safety nets" or be a "nanny state" in order to impose simple standards of fairness across the board through the actions of well-trained, fair-minded, and incorruptible police, and a court system that doesn't discriminate against foreigners. Were I to get involved in an accident with a local, even though the accident be totally the fault of the local, I would not expect to be treated fairly as a foreigner (...unless I "knew somebody", or was disposed to spend ridiculous sums on an exorbitantly priced local attorney).

Riding his motorbike at SPEED.... Says it all, whatever the reason for the crash, if he had been driving slower it could of been

Avoided .....

SPEED KILLS...

And that speed was.... ?

As the Article quotes, he was driving at Speed... Says it all, or do I have to spell it out to you ???

The article quote the vender saying that! So must be true then! They never cause accidents, always use lights and indicators and always drive in a correct and legal way!

Have you lived here any length of time, or are you blind to how many Thai people drive and ride here?

• Like 1

Avoided .....

SPEED KILLS...

And that speed was.... ?

Yes..

Speed is movement... I assume the bike wasn't stationary.... So at what "speed" are you referring too? Slow speed, average speed, legal speed, high speed, excessive speed... ???

I will say.....

The speed at which you jump to conclusions is astounding !

I can't recall ever seeing one of these food trikes ever using indicators to turn right....in fact I dont recall ever seeing one with indicators.

Which suggests that it would be prudent to slow down your vehicle in anticipation of some one in control of a food trike making a silly manoeuvre. No?rolleyes.gif

I can't recall ever seeing one of these food trikes ever using indicators to turn right....in fact I dont recall ever seeing one with indicators.

Which suggests that it would be prudent to slow down your vehicle in anticipation of some one in control of a food trike making a silly manoeuvre. No?rolleyes.gif

A wise observation gained from experience, but not obvious to a new arrival, especially someone from some place that (almost) respects road rules.

Avoided .....

SPEED KILLS...

And that speed was.... ?

Yes..

Speed is movement... I assume the bike wasn't stationary.... So at what "speed" are you referring too? Slow speed, average speed, legal speed, high speed, excessive speed... ???

I will say.....

The speed at which you jump to conclusions is astounding !

By looking at the Photo I would say he was not travelling at 10 miles an hour....

Let's be realistic about this , photo says it all....

Avoided .....

SPEED KILLS...

And that speed was.... ?

The article quote the vender saying that! So must be true then! They never cause accidents, always use lights and indicators and always drive in a correct and legal way!

Have you lived here any length of time, or are you blind to how many Thai people drive and ride here?

And have you seen how many Farangs drive the same way as the Locals...usually with no crash helmet , which usually says something about ones intelligence....