Friday Is ‘Big Cleaning Day’

Jai Dee

s7_copy7.jpg

Lifting the lid

Presenters ‘clean’ a giant toilet yesterday to promote ‘Big Cleaning Day’ on Friday, when people will be encouraged to clean their toilets.

The event is jointly hosted by the Public Health Ministry, the Interior Ministry’s Provincial Administration Department, the Education Ministry’s Basic Education Commission and the Sangha Supreme Council.

Source: The Nation - 18 July 2006

Offered as an adjunct to the bum gun thread

:o

Isn't it sad that people have to be cajoled into cleaning their dunny?!

Hmm, my housekeeper looks absolutely nothing like the ladies plying their trade on the picture!!!!! (or the bloke in yellow!!!!! fashion police need to step in)

serious question. I have been told that by constantly cleaning your loo you will bugger your septic tank as the detergents kill the good stuff that breaks down the rubbish. Any nifty ideas to overcome this ??

serious question. I have been told that by constantly cleaning your loo you will bugger your septic tank as the detergents kill the good stuff that breaks down the rubbish. Any nifty ideas to overcome this ??

Serious answer: Not if the surfactants (detergents) are biodegradable. However, the bugs in your septic tank can be killed by other chemicals used in most toilet cleaners. These chemicals are common biocides such as chlorine (hypochlorites), other bleaching agents and oxidising agents, strong acids and even some weaker acids e.g. trichloroisocyanuric acid can wipe out the bug colony quickly if used in large quantities.

Spasmodic use of these toilet cleaners won't do any long term damage to the bug colony. The little 'buggers' are tough as old boots. :o

If you're still worried you could try elbow grease instead.......or a jobby wheeker!

Sorry for the seriousness of my reply which was in answer to a serious question.

Not serious answer:

Do the normal batchelor thing and don't clean it all, the sceptic tank will probably get on like a house on fire. Advise you avoid smoking or any naked flames within 100m of the dunny! Either that or where a crash helmet.

I never buy any fancy cleaners for anything.

What bleach doens´t take care of, isn´t worth taking care of.

An aside of trivia.

After spending most of my life working in bars restaurants, hotels, and even a school for a while, I can unequivocally state that the women´s toilets are - without exception - the dirtiest, after a day or night.

This I have seen in Holland, England, Scotland, France, Belgium, Turkey, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia, Italy, Guatemala.

this I have seeni n Hi-SO circles, and Low-SO Hill tribe, indigenous, whathaveyou.

We are ALL under the same blue sky.

Or same blue toilet cleaner.

Or something.

:o

After spending most of my life working ................... women´s toilets are - without exception - the dirtiest, :D after a day or night.

This I have seen in Holland, England, Scotland, France, Belgium, Turkey, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia, Italy, Guatemala. (prev) :D

This I have seen in Hi-SO circles :D , and Low-SO, Hill tribe, indigenous, and what have you.

We are ALL under the same blue sky.

Or same blue toilet cleaner.

Or something.

K.O. since when have you been a ladies toy-let cleaner ? :D News to me :o

Bog off-ski will you :D

I vote for "The Spray" everytime :D

God created water before man, made paper “The Wipe” :D

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

Hopefully --- noone is stupid enough to take that gimmick for anything other than someone trying to get a marketshare of something?

If you haven't recognised this country - and its population - as one of the most toilet cleaning aware countries in the world ... well, you must be limiting yourself to only the really dirty places ...

After spending most of my life working in bars restaurants, hotels, and even a school for a while, I can unequivocally state that the women´s toilets are - without exception - the dirtiest, after a day or night.

This I have seen in Holland, England, Scotland, France, Belgium, Turkey, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia, Italy, Guatemala.

When I was at uni I too used to work part time cleaning public toilets at a caravan park back in Australia, and I can attest to this too. :D

I don't know if it's the same in Thailand though... :o