Engine oil is consistently overfilled by the dealer

funlovinkid

Seems like the Tyre Fitter arguing with Stig the Driver to Me.coffee1.gif

I have a feeling your "Stig The Driver" cut his racing teeth playing Gran Turismo and Forza on the Xbox and never actually made it to a real track.

He can always post undoctered photos / videos of the racing/cars the same way Murf bravely does.

Thats a fair point. Has Warpy ever backed up his claims of his racing prowess ?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After many years working with Diesels 4ltr upwards ive never seen a broken con rod, twisted,bent,roughed up but never broken, 95% i would say the big end bolts have let go, 5% because it had to cope with a dropped valve, some rods have had the little end torn out because of this or instant overheating seizures, but not broke,

Im with Warpy on this one, 35years and havent seen a broken steel conrod, aluminum yes, in old british motorbikes, nobody uses that nowadays,,

• Like 2

Did not TWR make those Holden and Fords look a bit stupid when their Little 4 cyl whooped those V8s in Ozz at one time.?.Ive had Mitsus leave my V12s trailing in the dust. Murf was on Thai Satellite T.V the other day , half hour show.Well done that Man.coffee1.gif

So you geared your little stock 4cyl to run 150mph on a big oval track.... your point is ?

Boy no need for me to discredit you when you do such a good job yourself... clap2.gifcheesy.gif Might do yourself some good before you make yourself look anymore foolish like T/A who's blindly following you like a good puppy down the sewer pipe and search the Daytona 24hr race, Grand American series..

• Like 1

I have a feeling your "Stig The Driver" cut his racing teeth playing Gran Turismo and Forza on the Xbox and never actually made it to a real track.

He can always post undoctered photos / videos of the racing/cars the same way Murf bravely does.

Thats a fair point. Has Warpy ever backed up his claims of his racing prowess ?

Have you? Where's all your personal pics with your name, personal info and CV on them? Of course I have, I've posted pics and I've given thousands of posts to prove my experience and my credibility, not that I have to prove a thing to any of you mindless immigrants making derogatory accusations in a country other then your own. What have you done besides troll and cause aggro? I only wish I had played Grand Tourismo they've had a fully supported youth driver program from some time now putting winners into real seats of 350Z's for tops in Grand Tourismo. So what about those pick up trucks and Fiestas there Spooners?? Ever see more than 70 miles per hr in one? giggle.gif Don't lie now, I've run those go kart courses you think are race tracks in Thailand. There was another notable member here who argued the point with me about the speeds on "tracks" in Thailand Bira in particular versus say a Malaysia or Daytona, he got a real awakening when he finally ran at Malaysia compared to the go kart style tracks of Thailand which are not even close and don't test the driver in the least and barely even test the car.

FYI I've already posted many unedited pics but I'm not just out having fun like Murf so I have a bit more at stake personally then he does. What he chooses to do and post has naught to do with me, info on the internet is there to stay and I'm a bit more aware of the potential of running into vindictive and insecure psychos who seek to do harm (seems there maybe a few here) then he is I guess, up to him, but I have a family to consider too.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

I guess your attention span is dwarfed in comparison to a fly, I have posted pics, never seen any of yours though? MURF is not on the same level as me, he can post whatever he wishes about his life, hopefully for him it never comes back to haunt him as it does for so many at my level who try to be regular people and provide helpful and friendly advice on an internet forum just to be ridiculed for doing so. Besides MURF is self promoting, I don't need to, nor never have done that..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Guess you shouldn't follow your feelings, they make you look ignorant...

After many years working with Diesels 4ltr upwards ive never seen a broken con rod, twisted,bent,roughed up but never broken, 95% i would say the big end bolts have let go, 5% because it had to cope with a dropped valve, some rods have had the little end torn out because of this or instant overheating seizures, but not broke,

Im with Warpy on this one, 35years and havent seen a broken steel conrod, aluminum yes, in old british motorbikes, nobody uses that nowadays,,

I was a passenger in a 3 ltr Granada when a rod let go, destroyed the engine. A friend had a 3.5 Rover V8 where the rod let go and destroyed the engine. The weak link in a Pontiac engine was the cast iron rods, I used Bill Miller alloy rods, fit and forget....thumbsup.gif

Warpy what a load of <deleted> you post ( and keep doing it) i haven't posted pics i don't need to i haven't said what i supposedly did in the past, just post pics or links to them of you racing the cars you supposedly raced as simple as that ,as for your posts giving you credibility this is the internet get a life, what you put in your posts does exactly the opposite.

• Like 1

I was a passenger in a 3 ltr Granada when a rod let go, destroyed the engine. A friend had a 3.5 Rover V8 where the rod let go and destroyed the engine. The weak link in a Pontiac engine was the cast iron rods, I used Bill Miller alloy rods, fit and forget....thumbsup.gif

Usally i ignore your posts because of your misunderstanding of plain and written english, i said STEEL rods, not cast, I looked after a fleet of Granada taxis in the early 70s, no crank/rod problems atall, only striped cam drive, [was fibre] replaced by steel cog, i will admit to knowing nothing about V8 Rovers, but i did work on a lot of the 75, 85, and 90 series cars with overhead intake and side exhaust valves, again, no crank problems,,,

As for aluminum conrods, what are they good for?? 10 goes up the strip before they need replacing???

• Like 1

Usally i ignore your posts because of your misunderstanding of plain and written english, i said STEEL rods, not cast, I looked after a fleet of Granada taxis in the early 70s, no crank/rod problems atall, only striped cam drive, [was fibre] replaced by steel cog, i will admit to knowing nothing about V8 Rovers, but i did work on a lot of the 75, 85, and 90 series cars with overhead intake and side exhaust valves, again, no crank problems,,,

As for aluminum conrods, what are they good for?? 10 goes up the strip before they need replacing???

Ally rods should be fine in a street engine that is naturally aspirated assuming the pistons are not too heavy.

In fuel cars they are used to "soften" the piston on its power stroke. As well as being lighter, they are softer and will deform a minute amount, saving wear and tear.

coffee1.gif Mental note to self: Watch telly till I'v have the second cup of java! The last 3 pages have been challenging on the first cup!

Just one point: If your motor movver has a horizontal cylinder and you deliberately over fill it cos you don't know if the instruction book is right, or not, it's best to go with the recommended ml's.

Overfilling causes to much pollution at a local level! biggrin.png

Hmmmm, strange, my alloy rods were in the car for 20 years of street strip use, including N2O.

Theres more to alloy rod construction and materials than you think. The ones I fitted were advertised as "not knowing they were out of the box under 5 grand". Have a read..

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bmeltd.com%2F&ei=Fl8zVI6TCtSWuATc_oDQDg&usg=AFQjCNEQLvyw83QQZY-kwA0bNXhaCjMlYA

So you geared your little stock 4cyl to run 150mph on a big oval track.... your point is ?

Boy no need for me to discredit you when you do such a good job yourself... clap2.gifcheesy.gif Might do yourself some good before you make yourself look anymore foolish like T/A who's blindly following you like a good puppy down the sewer pipe and search the Daytona 24hr race, Grand American series..

Hey your the one giving misleading information not I, Next time say it is the Daytona 24hr and not simply Daytona. The only fool here is you.

I know of course it has to be spelled out for children since they're not capable of critical and reasoned thinking, more like you doing your usual nit picking in attempts to waffle and save some face.. You know exactly what type of racing I do and should have known what I was referring to if you knew ANYTHING about racing you'd also know that there is no circle track class for Integra Type R's but you've demonstrated on numerous occasions that you know very little outside of your little circle there in Thailand.

• Like 1

Warpy what a load of <deleted> you post ( and keep doing it) i haven't posted pics i don't need to i haven't said what i supposedly did in the past, just post pics or links to them of you racing the cars you supposedly raced as simple as that ,as for your posts giving you credibility this is the internet get a life, what you put in your posts does exactly the opposite.

The pics are here, and you can search them, and I don't give a rats what the &lt;deleted&gt; you think, you're just some troll who posts here under the name "kartman" and have no meaning to me whatsoever. YOU post your resume and I'll post mine..

• Like 1

Clearly based on this failed attack you have no counter argument or proper experience to post your own counter to my post? Which you haven't by the way, thought so... You and others here thinking I could be that imaginative though as to make up such a story is a real compliment, thank you..

• Like 1

Hmmmm, strange, my alloy rods were in the car for 20 years of street strip use, including N2O.

Theres more to alloy rod construction and materials than you think. The ones I fitted were advertised as "not knowing they were out of the box under 5 grand". Have a read..

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bmeltd.com%2F&ei=Fl8zVI6TCtSWuATc_oDQDg&usg=AFQjCNEQLvyw83QQZY-kwA0bNXhaCjMlYA

Blimey, is that the first post ever from mr 25.000 smiley posts without a smiley, well done TA, anyway, you think bill miller is going to say his rods are crap? of course not, but many other forums do,

There is a place for aluminum rods, but for a street engine, why would you want the thought of a ticking time bomb forever in the back of your mind? Why would you want to go through all the hassle to clearance the block and possibly need a small base circle cam just to fit the bulky rods?
rustbucket79 Guru

rank5.gifPosts: 1450 Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:23 pm

• Like 1

The pics are here, and you can search them, and I don't give a rats what the <deleted> you think, you're just some troll who posts here under the name "kartman" and have no meaning to me whatsoever. YOU post your resume and I'll post mine..

More Drivel.

• Like 1

Clearly based on this failed attack you have no counter argument or proper experience to post your own counter to my post? Which you haven't by the way, thought so... You and others here thinking I could be that imaginative though as to make up such a story is a real compliment, thank you..

Even more Drivel.

• Like 1

@ Lickey,

smile.png , No clearance problems with alloy rods in my engine, only clearance probs I had were push rod clearance in the heads cos of the wild cam with 1.65 roller rockers. Time bomb, hmmmm, the rods were so light it helped when I converted the engine to internally balanced, also my rods were designed for up to 1000hp, I had around 700hp on tap and the rods were in the engine over twenty years, good advert eh....thumbsup.gif .

PS. Strange when I upped the hp with cast rods I had problems, even using ARP bolts. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Once upon a time, there was a guy asking if the oil in his car was going to cause a problem if it was consistently 9mm overfull.

Answer to thread is 'No, probably not'

Yeah - now it's guys measuring the strength, size, and mettle of their "rods" LOL....post-4641-1156694005.gif.pagespeed.ce.gy

• Like 1

Once upon a time, there was a guy asking if the oil in his car was going to cause a problem if it was consistently 9mm overfull.

Answer to thread is 'No, probably not'

Yeah - now it's guys measuring the strength, size, and mettle of their "rods" LOL....post-4641-1156694005.gif.pagespeed.ce.gy

It's what we do on this forum....Folk learn stuff from banter.......thumbsup.gif

Well if this has started up again .... Once Upon A Time, many more years ago than I care to remember now .. I spent many w/e nights rallying around the Yorkshire Dales and more, that was in the time of Jack Tordoff (JCT6000) for those of you who remember ... think his grandson Sam now races BTCC.

Anyway then I had a 998cc Mini Cooper and later a 1293S. Used the 1293 to do the 5-Hr relay race at Oulton Park ... that was when I found out I needed a baffle in the sump as the oil pressure dived to zero on one of the long bends ... forget which one now. So a pic of my 998 and also my 1293S with sump guard and spot lights removed ... sorry quality is poor as I photographed the original photos.

post-17329-0-70958200-1412769945_thumb.j post-17329-0-93429600-1412769961_thumb.j If I recall correctly someone lent me the front wheels with racing tyres on at Oulton Park.. Of course those were the days when the rich ran Castrol R whilst the others like myself had to make do with Duckhams 20-50.

The De Lacy Motor Club ... which I joined in about 1963 I see is still going strong and has an impressive website ... did the 7-Dales Rally a few times before it changed to the Mintex Seven Dales.

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

That Bill Miller Enterprise look like a switched on organisation. And they run a drag car so they put their money where their mouth is!

• Like 1

Well if this has started up again .... Once Upon A Time, many more years ago than I care to remember now .. I spent many w/e nights rallying around the Yorkshire Dales and more, that was in the time of Jack Tordoff (JCT6000) for those of you who remember ... think his grandson Sam now races BTCC.

Anyway then I had a 998cc Mini Cooper and later a 1293S. Used the 1293 to do the 5-Hr relay race at Oulton Park ... that was when I found out I needed a baffle in the sump as the oil pressure dived to zero on one of the long bends ... forget which one now. So a pic of my 998 and also my 1293S with sump guard and spot lights removed ... sorry quality is poor as I photographed the original photos.

attachicon.gif20141007_201508_1.jpg attachicon.gif20141007_201628.jpg If I recall correctly someone lent me the front wheels with racing tyres on at Oulton Park.. Of course those were the days when the rich ran Castrol R whilst the others like myself had to make do with Duckhams 20-50.

The De Lacy Motor Club ... which I joined in about 1963 I see is still going strong and has an impressive website ... did the 7-Dales Rally a few times before it changed to the Mintex Seven Dales.

Nice picsthumbsup.gif

• Like 1