Need A Marriage Visa From Kuala Lumpar

Hi All

Just need to confirm if it is possible to get a Marriage Visa in the time I have allowed. I plan to fly from Chiang Mai at 11.05 on next Wednesday arriving in KL that afternoon. I have then allowed a full day on Thursday to get to the Embassy to get my Marriage Visa. I am trying for a multiple on year although have heard could be difficult. Any ideas?

I then fly back early on Friday morning. Is this possible.

I have never been to KL before and any recommendations on cheap but clean hotels would be appreciated. Of course quite close to the Thai Embassy would be preferrable.

thanks

JT

The normal time is submit in the morning and pick up the next business day afternoon at most Royal Thai Consulates. From reports a multi entry non immigrant O visa is possible. I would make sure you have both marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card - but will let those with recent knowledge fill in the blanks and offer hotel suggestions.

I believe the most recent applicant had his wife with him so that might also have helped.

Submit application 9AM ish, pick up next morning 11.30 ish

Embassy is 5 minutes walk from Ampang Park LRT (Putra), head out of town along Jalan Ampang, past the British High Commission, Thai Embassy is on the opposite side from the High Commission.

I like to stay at the Crown Princess, not the cheapest but I like to spoil myself, and it's near the embassy.

Remember your photograph (1), there is a booth at the embassy but you won't get your queue number until you have the piccie.

Fee for a multi is 500 Ringit (local currency only).

I just got back from KL for my visa run.

Plenty of hotels in the 70R-200R / night (about 700baht to 2000 baht) range in the central tourist area (Bukit Bintang). It's only a 7R taxi ride to the embassy from there, avoid the taxi hawks that hang outside the hotels though and go to the street ranks. I stayed on Jalan Alor which has lots of great Chinese restaurants on it, quite a few cheaper hotels on that road.

Only downside of the city is that beer & drinks are very expensive at bars.

Edited by Simmo

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back on Friday from KL.Apply for your Visa 9am-12am and pick up after 11.30am the next day so it doesnt sound as though you have enough time unless your flight is late afternoon.Stayed at the Renaissance 2400 baht inc breakfast and the corus 1800 baht,both excellent hotels.You can get a decent pint of guiness at the restaurants in the park backside of the petronas towers for 180 baht.