• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's got into Thedude lately?

Remember there are 2 of them .... this one and the Tony The Tiger one

Three EC commissioners thrown behind bars, losing status

The Criminal Court Tuesday convicted the three election commissioners in malfeasance and jailed them immediately, causing them to automatically lose their status.

The three commissioenrs were found guilty of violating the election law and sentenced to four years in jail. Their election rights were also revoked for ten years.

The court found EC chairman Vasana Puemlarp, EC members Prinya Nakchadtree and Virachai Naewboonnien guilty of mishandling the April 2 election and a subsequent election.

The court declined to suspend the jail term against them.

The huge crowd waiting to hear the verdict at the court erupted in cheers.

The three were led by court officials to be detained inside the cell at the court pending their appeal.

The suit was filed against the three EC commissioners by Democrat deputy secretary-general Thavorn Sennium on April 18.

Thavorn alleged the three with violating the Criminal Code and MPs and Senators Election Act.

The court ruled that Thavorn had no authority to file the criminal charges citing the Criminal Code but the three EC commissioners were found guilty of violating the MPs and Senators Election Act.

The Nation

Great news!

Well my wife and her electoral reform gang are having a big party. This is the first concrete positive development that they have had to celebrate in what has been a tense time.

I wouldn't start harping on yet, they might be let out on bail and be allowed to still deny reality; by saying that they are still commisioners, as matters are on appeal. The best thing would be that they are denied bail and have to remain inside pending appeal!

Well my wife and her electoral reform gang are having a big party. This is the first concrete positive development that they have had to celebrate in what has been a tense time.

I wouldn't start harping on yet, they might be let out on bail and be allowed to still deny reality; by saying that they are still commisioners, as matters are on appeal. The best thing would be that they are denied bail and have to remain inside pending appeal!

But the government and Thaksin have both accepted that a completely new EC is needed. Still this is amazing Thailand so I guess anything is possible! Anyway the party is continuing, and as they are Thai I guess they know what is happening?!?

Thaksin gave each member Bt200,000 for election-campaign expenses.

OK now I don’t know about you but this is a warning flag to me that he has already fixed the pending events in his favor, dissolving the TRT, and whatever else. 200,000 times how many people? I would never put out that money unless it was a sure bet. I think it is time to start asking questions again.

• 2 weeks later...

New network launched to "stop Thaksin system"

Leading university lecturers, students, activists and businessmen Sunday set up a new alliance to coordinate social sanctions against the Thai Rak Thai Party to try to eradicate the so-called Thaksin regime.

The alliance, which calls itself as Civil Society Network to Stop the Thaksin System (CSNSTS), announced its first mission immediately — it will send letters to financiers of Thai Rak Thai, including Charoen Pokphand, Nescafe and Grammy, to stop providing financial support to the party.

The founding members of the network held at press conference at The Grande Hotel to launch the alliance. Participating in the press conference were Assoc Prof Sangsit Piriyarangsan who is director of doctorate degree programmes of Rajabhat Institute, Chan Kasem, Dr Suda Rangkuphan, a lecturer from Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Arts, Karnchanee Wallayasewi, a representative of Corruption Watch, Yos Tansakul, an advisor of the Students' Alliance for Democracy, and Ed Pirom, a businessman.

Sangsit said the alliance also opens its Web site at www.stoptaksin.com as a venue to coordinate social sanctions against the Thaksin system. People can join the sanctions by getting more information from the Web site.

The Nation

Sangsit said the alliance also opens its Web site at www.stoptaksin.com as a venue to coordinate social sanctions against the Thaksin system. People can join the sanctions by getting more information from the Web site.

The Nation

When I enter the above into a browser address line, it kicks over automatically to......

www.2bangkok.com !?! :D

Is Mr. Ron and the good folks at 2bangkok involved with this new movement? :o

I wondered if 2bangkok.com is aware of this, so I've emailed him and will see if there is a reply.

I doubt he's really involved in the movement, so I'm left being curious as to the HOW and the WHY this website diversion occurs? It is quite strange. :D:o

Edited by sriracha john

2bangkok.com's VERY FAST :D email reply:

sure, i love thaivisa.com--you can post my reply

i was just taking advantage of The Nation's 100% record of ALWAYS getting urls wrong in print and on the website... the real url is stopthaksin.com (i think, the site is not up yet)... as soon as i saw the wrong url i registered it for a little free traffic (and controversy) :D

best

ron

hahahaha... very tricky fellow... grabbing that free misdirected traffic.... AND controversy.

:D

hahahaha... funny comment re:The Nation :D:D

After checking: www.stopthaksin.com is, indeed, not online yet.

thaivisa.com + 2bangkok.com (A Couple Of Thailand's Best)

:o

Edited by sriracha john

The spelling does not have 'h" in the news post. it it a typo?

Yes... and Ron took advantage of that by registering the typo-errored website address so as to generate free internet traffic to his 2bangkok.com website AND to generate some controversy (which, admittedly, is something we provided for him)... :D :D

quite the tricky fellow...

Edited by sriracha john

And will continue to as new readers look at this thread. :D

so the correct site is????

www.stopthaksin.com

And the info from the Whois database, which is in the public domain..

stopthaksin.com

Box 278,

Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.

Canada B5A-4B2

Same address for:

World Fathers Union, John Smith & Pauloffit.com.

And no it's not me... :D But maybe it's one of the Johns here.. :o:D

Edited by lukamar

And will continue to as new readers look at this thread. :D

so the correct site is????

www.stopthaksin.com

And the info from the Whois database, which is in the public domain..

stopthaksin.com

Box 278,

Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.

Canada B5A-4B2

Same address for:

World Fathers Union, John Smith & Pauloffit.com.

And no it's not me... :D But maybe it's one of the Johns here.. :o:D

which begs, of course, an answer to who is "The World Fathers Union"?

What is the World Fathers Union?

The World Fathers Union came into being some time ago as an informal working group of disenfranchised fathers united by their common desire to see fair treatment of fathers in custody disputes become the norm rather than the exception.

The World Fathers Union is also an umbrella organistion striving to unite all the fathers' rights organisations world-wide and coördinate actions to better the lot of children and fathers everywhere

http://worldfathersunion.com/

Why would they be involved in a "Stop Thaksin" campaign?

Is there a Thai ex-pat group in N.S., Canada that is at the root of the connection?

*edit*: and no, it's not me, either. :D

Edited by sriracha john

It is a bit confusing as the place to post things.

welcome to thaivisa

"Welcome to the jungle

We've got fun 'n' games

We got everything you want

Honey, we know the names

We are the people that can find

Whatever you may need

If you got the money, honey

We got your disease"

[CHORUS:]

"In the jungle

Welcome to the jungle

Watch it bring you to your

knees, knees

I wanna watch you bleed"

Words and music by Guns 'N Roses

I do realize that may not exactly be your particular musical genre, John... but it fit well :D

Really, it's nothing new for him. He's been using complete denial of reality on a number of issues for several months.

that's funny. i was probably the first to point out on this forum months ago that HM would never acede to the PAD's call to step in and appoint a new prime minister, because HM places importance on following the democratic process. this was when everyone, in particular you SJ, was screaming and chanting along with Sonthi and his goons.

all because you want something to happen badly doesn't make you more realistic. :o

These comments about you are only two week old and reflect your posts just about that time. I don't want to dig them out now, I put some replies to them in appropriate threads but you never showed up.

thanks Plus. checking back, i only made 5 posts in July before your post on the 25th, and only 2 of those posts were on related political topics, which makes your statement on the 25th somewhat perplexing. if i have failed to respond to any of your responses/rebuttals addressed to me, it would have been because i thought that a response was not necessary.

Edited by thedude

Really, it's nothing new for him. He's been using complete denial of reality on a number of issues for several months.

that's funny. i was probably the first to point out on this forum months ago that HM would never acede to the PAD's call to step in and appoint a new prime minister, because HM places importance on following the democratic process. this was when everyone, in particular you SJ, was screaming and chanting along with Sonthi and his goons.

all because you want something to happen badly doesn't make you more realistic. :D

"screaming?" "chanting?" :o

I'm most curious to read your quote where I advocated having HM step in and appoint a new PM. You do have one, yes?

Just because I agree with some views of some leaders of PAD doesn't mean I necessarily advocate all of their actions or agree with all of their views.

As for your claims at "predicting" how things would turn out on that issue, you were hardly alone, precisely because it was stepping over the line and most people recognized that.

Thedude, one was about media repression, you said that the government should free the media from the "elite" claws. That came on the day when another radio news anchor was fired for running polls with results unfavorable to EC. I don't remember the thread it was in.

In this particular thread it was your "who is PAD?" question. PAD managed to force the PM to resign in tears on national TV. Did you miss that?

Plus,

If you want to find some post that someone made you can just go find them in the "Memebers" section and look at their old posts..they are in reverse chronological order (most recent posts first and then going back in time). If you know the approximate date of the post you should be able to find it in a matter of minutes.

Chownah

Well folks where the PAD and Democrats had problems getting rid of Thaksin, all it took was some cows to deal with Thaksin’s bull. :o

Check the “Thaksin Cancels Plans To Hand Out Land Deeds, Cows” thread post #8 in particular.

Thanks Chownah, but I don't want to resurrect some old forgotten threads, what for? My comment about Thedude was made two weeks ago, it's a bit late to justify it now, don't you think?

Edited by Plus