Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

"I know a thai person could not do these crimes."

Why so?

Crimes committed by Thais are always of a different nature, killings, corruption, intimidations, beatings... But surely never of a sexual nature...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI everyone, Thai people seem to be in agreement with this thread that this is a setup. The Khaosod facebook post in Thai about the arrests has over 500 comments. I expanded it to show 500 and did a search. The word แพะ appears 173 times. แพะ is the Thai word for goat, and also has the same English meaning as scapegoat. Thai people are on the short end of police corruption and incompetence way more than foreigners. They know what's going on here.

This post made my day .. thanks for sharing that .. it makes me feel way better knowing that the Thais don't buy this shit either .. and to be reminded that it's they that suffer most and for the longest.. THANKS DUDE!

B.S.

This was a crime of anger and fury.

What an outrageous insult to the families.

I have to agree. The "in-your-face" attack was personal. This looks like a paid confession,...that is,....his family will get paid off in some way. The next few days should be interesting,...especially if the Western Press don't buy it.

Police chief Somyos rushes to Samui following suspect's confession

BANGKOK: -- Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyos Pumphanmuang is leaving Bangkok for Koh Tao at 5 pm Thursday after a Myanmar worker "confessed" he killed two British tourists on the island.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Police-chief-Somyos-rushes-to-Samui-following-susp-30244631.html

Why has Nation Multimedia put quotation marks around the word CONFESS?

Are they trying to suggest something?

Quotation marks in the UK press tend to signify 'alleged'. I agree entirely with you.

So much cynicism here. There are loads of unsolved murder cases in all of your home countries and I don't see any threads complaining about the UK "Keystone cops".

Natalie Holloway (sp?) the US student who was murdered many years ago and the police there and in the Netherlands don't have a clue.

The police in Koh Tao are investigating a crime, they went down the wrong path a couple times but they kept investigating and now they have someone in custody who confessed.

What kind of deal are they going to make to an innocent person who confesses to rape and multiple murder who will be executed if found guilty. How could they coerce someone to confess, what could they threat to do that's worse than a firing squad ? Unless the accused is a serial confessor to crimes he didn't commit, I'd tend to believe his confession.

Wait for the "DNT" (sic) tests and other forensic work to cone in before you posit your own complicated conspiracy theories, unless you don't mind being told "I told you so" by the other people here.

If anyone would read through a couple of hundred murder cases the world over, they would understand that despite the horrific injuries to Hannah, it doesn't mean at all that it was carried out with anger. Many cases of gang rape are followed by mutilation of the victim, just as there is no standard 100% standard profile of a murderer, though statistically young men are the biggest purveyors of murder.

Look at the uncensored head shot (close up) of Hannah, Lucas, and then make that same statement again...

If anyone would read through a couple of hundred murder cases the world over, they would understand that despite the horrific injuries to Hannah, it doesn't mean at all that it was carried out with anger. Many cases of gang rape are followed by mutilation of the victim, just as there is no standard 100% standard profile of a murderer, though statistically young men are the biggest purveyors of murder.

why can you not , whater you are, or from, just say good work by the police, lets hope that they have the right people, what a great job by the police with the train murder, i think the police are excellent here in thailand, working in difficult circumstaces, most times with a mob of losers and drunks, not to mention the druggies

Your doctor must be crazy to let you talk in public

B o y c o t t --- K o. T a o

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller deserve real justice. We shall never forget this unjust, corrupt case and we all know who did this. Until Mon and Worat are behind bars we shall forever boycott your gangster run island.

One thing bothers me with the Mon / Worat thing .. everyone wonders why they didn't give DNA .. But my question is this.. IF the police are so corrupt as everyone here seems to think (including myself) . why did they not simply fake his dna test? It would have made it look way better.. right? it doesn't make sense from any perspective...

If you honestly have been following this story from the beginning and really, but really have that much faith in the Thai Authorities as a Thai yourself, then you seriously have bad judgement and or just not wanting to admit what is actual reality.

I for one would love it for the Thai Authorities to catch these animals that did this to these two poor souls, but with all statements issued by the Police saying that YES, they did not do their job correctly and will do their best to make it right and then again to stipulate this and then all the contradictions (i.e. they've collected over 200 DNA samples to just over 40 DNA samples...what does that tell you?) etc... This investigation was stained long ago and I for one, want the culprits to be caught, but now I don't trust the Thai Authorities AT ALL! I will ONLY believe them if they are transparent and allow a third party from outside of Thailand who is reputable to confirm everything and that these 3 migrant workers are the real murderers.

Would you agree with that or do you have that much faith in the world known corruptness of the Thai Authorities here in Thailand?

Well his name is Gangthai, make of that what you will..

He is part right though,

A thai person could not do these crimes...2 thai people did though..

there needs to be clear evidence that this guy is not a scapegoat all tests should be verified by an outside trusted expert.

I'm so upset with this <deleted>,

Only those that know they can get away with murder, murder, period.

Myanmar people seldom stick there head out to be chopped off.

This is wealthy untouchable stuff.

Not people that are scared to see any official person of authority because they could be sent home (for many reasons).

Myanmar cannot afford Yaba.

Attack this coverup forever.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Really???!

what about the Thai person who raped and threw that poor young girl off the train?

It's Thai's like you - with your blinkered small-mindedness that keeps your country going well and truly backwards.

Furthermore - you exacerbate the racial bias against the Myanmar people.

Wake up!

There have been thousands of crimes committed by Thai's against foreigners. I could go on but I suspect you probably don't even understand what I'm saying.

Wow!!! the only people who are going to fall for this BS are the Thais. The poor and (purposely) poorly uneducated Thais because they don't know any better and the Middle Class and rich and powerful Thais because it totally suits their needs and they can then move on with their main aim which is amassing as much money as they can from the western tourists so they can continue to send their spoilt, violent, protected offspring overseas to the western schools to receive the best education so that said offspring can then return here to carry on the whole charade.

Get the UK Police in now and give them 100% access to all the ORIGINAL evidence and crime scene samples and specimines and let them conduct a thorough and independent investigation. Sadly, i fear it is too late for that now as the old cynic that i am feels that the Myanmar lads DNA will now be all over the crime scene....

I don't believe the confession.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

She was dragged off and attacked, he ran to help, now that story makes sense.

I believe it was a Thai related to the head man who is guilty, else why would they covered up for so long.

Allow me to expand on this. Many are probably skeptical. Why would an uneducated, poor Myanmar worker confess to this heinous murder when the result will be almost certain death? Let me suggest the following. Certain assurances are made by the Village Head Masters family and in cooperation with the police significant (For a Myanmar family) amounts of money are given to the family of the accused Myanmar worker. Promises are made to him that if he confesses his mother and father and sisters and brothers, his whole family will never want for anything. He is told that if he sacrifices himself he will be the savior of his family and they can surely rise above their poverty and position forever. What greater gift can a wayward son give his family? He's deprived of sleep, He's frightened. He's certainly guilty, in his own mind, of being a worthless sod. Finally, he has the opportunity do make "Merit", to do good and so he gladly confesses and is provided all the lurid details of the crime by the police and coached on the reenactment. He will go to his maker certain he did the right thing. That's just my take on things. An enterprising reporter or investigative writer with skill far greater than mine might want to follow up and pay a visit to the village in Myanmar where the poor son of a bitch grew up and see how his family is getting on with their new found wealth.

Spot on. One more thing, they maybe only confessed rape and not murder...then jail time will not be that long.

Amazing isn't it. Many people subconsciously dislike Thais and hoped that it would be a Thai who was the killer.

Now someone has confessed they don't want to believe it. Two of 'their own' were killed and they wanted desperately to say, "told you it was a Thai".

I always thought it would be a Burmese.

1. Given the inadequacy of the RTP can you blame anyone.

2.The police chief himself said that they would not be using a scape goat this time. This is as good as admitting that scapegoats are often used.

3. How many Farang fall off balconies in Thailand and are deemed suicides.

4. A recent case of a person with multiple stab wounds was deemed a suicide

5. It is indisputable that killing a farang is not worth a real investigation in Thailand.

Then as a side topic you greedy Thais charge us more for everything we buy, how should we feel about you? If Thais are subconsciously disliked it's because most of you lie and cheat. Take look at it from our side just for a change.

You DO NOT know any such thing. Thais rape Thais, Thais kill Thais. Give us a break

Of course he doesn't know. He's having some sick fun at the expense of the murder victims and their families. Stop feeding the troll.

Edited by HerbalEd

BOYCOTT KOH TAO!

Seriously, they need a wake up call on these islands. Dont go there, and implore everyone you know not to go there either.

Let them feel this where it really hurts, the pocket!

--

I dont believe its a burmese for a second. Its a local who thinks he is above the law.

Damn straight! Where is the justice? It's all about the money and losing face. Boycott Koh Tao!

If this does not scream "Frame!" and "Patsy", I don't know. Dunno how many bones they have broken in that guy to make him sign this crap, but this is B S !

If anyone here has seen the uncensored crime scene photos (I unfortunately did), he/she knows that this was a hate crime.

If a rape is the plan, a culprit would knock the guy out and the girl, but not destroy their skulls completely and beyond recognition (as with poor Hannah).

If rape is the intitial motive, a rapist would not bash the victim's head into a mush (nothing there reminded of a person anymore, letting alone a girl), unless he is into necrophelia.

Something went completely wrong there from day one onwards and it makes me wanna scream!!!

Bashing David's and Hannahs heads into a bloody pulp was an act of hatred; of revenge. Someone lost his face (Thais tend to do that, not Burmese) and felt the need to show the white people who is in charge on that island.

I feel so sorry for the victims and their families that words can hardly describe it. What a shame this whole case has become, what an insult to the words justice and to the human race itself...

Do you even know what a hate crime is? Here's a definition -

hate crime
noun
noun: hate crime; plural noun: hate crimes

a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence

I have seen the photos uncencored. It does look very brutal, but there is no evidence at all that this is a hate crime. Homicide or sexual crime can be as brutal as this, just because she is brutally murdered doesn't make it a hate crime.

I don't understand why you guys are so upset that it is the Burmese and not 'the Thais' that are being convicted here. I have had business in Koh Tao and I must say there are probably more Burmese workers than Thais there- the murderes and be anyone. I don't see why nationality has anything to do with it.

For those who will be arguing that the authority picked the Burmese becase they want to save Thailand's face and blame on foreigners. May I ask you why they even mentioned an involvment from a Thai person in this case? There was a case of rape this week in Phuket, and the authority publicly announced the rapist was Thai, the same went for the Train rapist.

Earlier this year a 19 year-old Thai murdered 3 kids in a foreigner's house his GF was supposely baby sat for- the Thai authority suspected a Thai criminal since the begining, and arrested him.

I completely don't understand why you WANT the criminals to be Thais - let's assume they arrest 3 Thai men for this case- Will that still make you coming out and scream 'scape goat'?

There are no evidence for your claim that these guys are scape goat- if you are in court your claim will make a very very weak case. Yes, Thai authority have bad images, but they have also made coreect arrests regarding to rape cases as well.

oh also, if any of you is an Australian commenting on how bad the Thais are or bad the country is- may I say '&lt;deleted&gt; OFF WE'RE FULL'....

Wonder how many beatings it took to get the confession?

Can't help this coming to mind after hearing the stories about the other Burmese on the island who were beaten by the police during the process of interrogations.

I can´t wait to learn, who these Burmese workers worked for and in which bar on the island. My guess is, that they worked in AC Bar or In Touch bar, which are both owned by the untouchable family on the island. Only God knows what their job-descriptions have been (officially and off the record). Could they actually have been hired by someone in the bar (owner, son or brother), to kill Hannah and David, and then couldn´t resist to rape the girl before or after the killings (or both)?

Edited by Xonax