Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many here seem convinced this is another police frame-up. Can someone please provide any links to stories where the Thai police have a history of framing innocent people in a capital murder case? In the USA, if a cop did that, they'd be eligible for the death penalty in some states.

I'm new to Thailand, so I'd really like to know. Thanks.

Are you serious? it's already happened in this case! a Thai taxi drivers claims he was beaten because he refused to provide false witness against some soccer players or something ... and if one came forward,, imagine how many did not ... lol ..

Lie detectors for the police and let the poor Burmese guys go. We all want justice and not false arrests for tourism. Jail the police cover up team if they fail the test.

Yeah and I hope the police get caught for their crimes and that there's a death sentence waiting for them..

So this Mafia guy has not submitted DNA but one out of three Burmese has confessed and they have been tested...

What a farce...need to keep this thread with the BS photos and the matching body in the photos..

Get the DNA of all THE Family, and the DNA test The Koh Tao police...WHy have they not been forced to give samp[les like the Burmese...

Disgraceful cover up shame on you corrupt officials...the western world isn't that stupid, this will not be forgotten and should have a huge impact on tourism

Hoefully everyone boycotts AC bar and that entire beach they own and these mongrels hurt in the only place they feel it, their wallets..

SOM NUN NA

Dear Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyos Pumphanmuang ... if these are not the murderers, then the real murderers are still free and will pobably kill and rape again (psycholoy 101) ... because they got away with it. Sex crimes are not usually a one-off occurrance.

But who cares as long as it gets the heat off. Right?

So many here seem convinced this is another police frame-up. Can someone please provide any links to stories where the Thai police have a history of framing innocent people in a capital murder case? In the USA, if a cop did that, they'd be eligible for the death penalty in some states.

Google Colin Martin and his book "Welcome to Hell"

What makes you think that? The cops have video evidence he was in the area at the time, and he confessed.

Like I said, what could they offer an innocent person to confess to murder?

"Here's 1m baht. Lie and say you did it, oh, and you'll be executed by a firing squad next week, are you cool with that ?

"

Why am I not suprised a Burmese man got pulled in and forced to confess? This stinks of a set up. The international pressure on the police meant this was going to happen.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

Why not? Britons have their way of reproduction?

There are a lot of CCTV pictures of these two people, they are sitting at the same table in one bar, but never sitting together.

All the street shots, they are in different groups, not together.

People intending to have sex, usually are together for a while first.

I would have expected to see CCTV of them walking together, holding hands, standing close, but nothing like that happens.

They were not together as a couple at any time in the evening.

Thats what I thought, is there clear evidence they walked back together? correct if wrong

But they stayed in the same villa resort, overlooking the murder. Would it be at all possible that he heard the girls screams or attack and ran to help, either from the resort or on the way back?

Dear Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyos Pumphanmuang ... if these are not the murderers, then the real murderers are still free and will pobably kill and rape again (psycholoy 101) ... because they got away with it. Sex crimes are not usually a one-off occurrance.

But who cares as long as it gets the heat off. Right?

I think they are cowards.. they probably only rape/abuse drunk / drugged girls... but this one went wrong when the guy showed up so they panicked...

So much cynicism here. There are loads of unsolved murder cases in all of your home countries and I don't see any threads complaining about the UK "Keystone cops".

Natalie Holloway (sp?) the US student who was murdered many years ago and the police there and in the Netherlands don't have a clue.

The police in Koh Tao are investigating a crime, they went down the wrong path a couple times but they kept investigating and now they have someone in custody who confessed.

What kind of deal are they going to make to an innocent person who confesses to rape and multiple murder who will be executed if found guilty. How could they coerce someone to confess, what could they threat to do that's worse than a firing squad ? Unless the accused is a serial confessor to crimes he didn't commit, I'd tend to believe his confession.

Wait for the "DNT" (sic) tests and other forensic work to cone in before you posit your own complicated conspiracy theories, unless you don't mind being told "I told you so" by the other people here.

If anyone would read through a couple of hundred murder cases the world over, they would understand that despite the horrific injuries to Hannah, it doesn't mean at all that it was carried out with anger. Many cases of gang rape are followed by mutilation of the victim, just as there is no standard 100% standard profile of a murderer, though statistically young men are the biggest purveyors of murder.

Look at the uncensored head shot (close up) of Hannah, Lucas, and then make that same statement again...

Edited by catweazle

If this does not scream "Frame!" and "Patsy", I don't know. Dunno how many bones they have broken in that guy to make him sign this crap, but this is B S !

If anyone here has seen the uncensored crime scene photos (I unfortunately did), he/she knows that this was a hate crime.

If a rape is the plan, a culprit would knock the guy out and the girl, but not destroy their skulls completely and beyond recognition (as with poor Hannah).

If rape is the intitial motive, a rapist would not bash the victim's head into a mush (nothing there reminded of a person anymore, letting alone a girl), unless he is into necrophelia.

Something went completely wrong there from day one onwards and it makes me wanna scream!!!

Bashing David's and Hannahs heads into a bloody pulp was an act of hatred; of revenge. Someone lost his face (Thais tend to do that, not Burmese) and felt the need to show the white people who is in charge on that island.

I feel so sorry for the victims and their families that words can hardly describe it. What a shame this whole case has become, what an insult to the words justice and to the human race itself...

You are 100% CORRECT.

You deserve an A+

What makes you think that? The cops have video evidence he was in the area at the time, and he confessed.

Like I said, what could they offer an innocent person to confess to murder?

"Here's 1m baht. Lie and say you did it, oh, and you'll be executed by a firing squad next week, are you cool with that ?

"

Why am I not suprised a Burmese man got pulled in and forced to confess? This stinks of a set up. The international pressure on the police meant this was going to happen.

That's your view, this is my view!

Independent investigation absolutely necessary to confirm DNA results. Thai police simply cannot be trusted with something as imortant as this. Catching people not wearing motorbike helmets is one thing, condemning 3 people to a life behind bars or worse is another. Also what of the victims families if they are fobbed off with some convenient scapegoats ? The British goverment must demand an independent investigation to corroborate the RTP results.

What do you think is more important to the British government, the lives of two of it's own citizens or a continued good relationship with Thailand? To me the answer to this is obvious. Britain will never put any serious pressure on Thailand over this. IMO, of course.

To show that our prevention is not anti-thai racism => this current story is exactly similar to Colin Powell brandishing samples of the sadam hussein massive destruction arms which never existed. Police will brandish DNA samples which will not prove anything.

Thai police lies as George Bush did. And it's a lot.

I think between Thai police and GWB I'd take a Thai cop any day. There's Kaw Tao and there's Iraq. Where would you rather visit?

What we're hearing on this forum Tom is the gripes of wrath from people disgusted with the way this whole case has been handled from day one.

The Thai police have a history, and unfortunately for this country, it's not a glorious one and it looks as if they are determined to maintain their "reputation".

Many police forces in the west use the term "To Serve & Protect" here they seem to serve themselves and protect their paymasters. Rather very sad.