Thai Immigration boss warns of fake extension stamps

Elephant in the room.attachicon.gifelephant-in-the-room.jpg

What about the REAL extension stamps for annual retirement extensions (800K method) obtained without seasoned bank accounts via visa fixing agencies?coffee1.gif

No problem......between 12K and 20K......most regional immigration offices........even have bank contacts for the letter.........

All part of the service.!

Not all IO's are corrupt. I remember missing my 90 day report. I should've been fined (about 2k) by the letter of the law. He laughed it off and said 'Don't worry...no money.''

On the other hand I'm sure a female IO in Chang Wattana was fishing for a bribe once a few years ago. I wasn't sure, but my wife was about 99% sure she was.

I can't understand why people would use an agency for so valuable and important a matter.....

I can't understand why you can't understand. There are reputable agencies.

I use one such agency. They always give me the receipt from immigration.

The agency is known and trusted by hundreds of expats over the years.

The reason I use the agency is -- it costs me 1,000 baht for them to make

4 trips a year to immigration on my behalf. For me, that is real value.

Others would prefer to do it themselves and save the money. Life is full

of choices. Everyone will not make the same choices you make.

You neglected to mention all the trips to your agents office you must make.

• Like 2

I can't understand why people would use an agency for so valuable and important a matter.....

You neglected to mention all the trips to your agents office you must make.

Yes, you are quite right.

Once every three months, my agency calls to remind me to drop off my passport.

Within the next few days, on my way to the market, I drop it off.

A week or so later, they call and I stop by at my convenience (going to the market)

and pick up my passport.

To make it any easier than that -- I'd have to become a Thai citizen.

After 27 yrs in Asia, I'm comfortable rubbing elbows with Asians, but don't fancy

spending my retirement standing in line with a bunch of unwashed farangs... sick.gif

Since the Immigration commander is warning about fraudulent visa stamps and agents, I wonder if we'll ever hear what happened about this case from just a few months ago.

Investigation finds senior Immigration Police officers linked to visa scam
Started by TheScarf, 2014-05-03 10:30

DerekMarshall, on 03 Oct 2014 - 18:45, said:DerekMarshall, on 03 Oct 2014 - 18:45, said:
PoorSucker, on 03 Oct 2014 - 16:17, said:PoorSucker, on 03 Oct 2014 - 16:17, said:

Second page on TM7 (extension form)

"APPLICATION MUST BE MADE IN PERSON."

Unless I am mistaken. Legal power of attorney can process your extension for you.

That means postal applications are not accepted for extensions.

Whilst Immigration would like to check the face in the passport with the face in front of them, there could be reasons why the applicant himself cannot attend in person. In these circumstances Immigration will accept another person making your application provided a reason and evidence, such as doctors letter are also submitted.

Anyone can make a 90 day report on your behalf.

One point about using an agent who may or may not be genuine. The onus is on the applicant, not the agent to make sure he has a valid stamp.

With the new rules on banning, I wouldn't like to find out after 5 years my stamps were fake. Ignorance is no excuse.

Good bye wife, kids and Thailand for the next 10 years.

Is one visit a year really too much for some to make sure their Immigration status is in order.

For those who say my agent is genuine and so is my stamp. How do you know if you never go to Immigration.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 2

To note that delegating the 90day reporting is legal, while the trouble seems to stem from the yearly extensions made in a grey area and green tea money...

So I guess this takes all the credibility away from the agencies and is a great disappointment for all those who placed so much faith in these agencies and now using these agencies may not only be a waste of money but also a risky business as well.

So there you have it. Learn to be able to complete the visa processes yourselves and attend Immigration in person. Better safe than sorry.

Your ass if you have a fake stamp in your passport.

If you can live with the consequences if caught, go for it!

It is against the law. It must be done in person!

Evidently the extension applicant does not need to go to the immigration office in person, since the senior immigration official is quoted as saying:

"Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.”

Which approves the use of an agent to apply in person for you. Therefore the application is done in person, just not by you the applicant & not by mail or phone.

1. You choose to be here;

2. there are requirements to do so;

3. what a bunch of negative whiners and whingers you are.....

Paying an agent is sheer laziness - it's not onerous to 'go it alone'..... but then some of you must be so hop soaked, it's understandable you can barely get off the stool....

Maybe it's time to return to your country of origin - just sayin' whistling.gif

So you think you're one of the "good" foreigners do you?

Well maybe some people value their time more than spending an entire day travelling to immigration to be told you need to come back another day with another /document/thai person as witness/contract/etc

It has never happened to me, and normally it takes no more than 1-1.5 hours ....

I can understand where the people who may live quite a long way from their nearest Immigration are coming from in saying that using agents is more convenient for them due to the travel aspect. However I've noted that some people mention the amount of time they are physically in Immigration.

I've been here 2 1/2 years now and have always done extension/90 day report/multi entry myself as I feel safer (personal choice) doing it that way than through an agent.

I don't know whether I've just been damned lucky or that Hua Hin Immigration is more organised than most but the longest I have ever spent in there is 1/2 an hour? In fact, I went with "her indoors" to extend her retirement visa this week and we were in and out in 15 minutes and that included getting one item photocopied that we had forgotten to do ourselves.

I'm presuming this isn't the case for some of you at other Immigration Offices?

I have never stood in line to do 90 day reporting I usually walk in go straight to counter had Passport to girl she looks at stamps it hands it back and out the door.or if I want do border run to Popiet walk over drop a few bucks eat something Cross back hop on A/C Bus head back.

Phra Nakorn Ayuthaya Immigration was "famous" for issue genuine stamps, but never gave receipts, so people had problem when leaving. Even Immigration computer records were correct.

Recently some Pakistani got caught in Sukhumvit with real fake stamps from Chachoengsao Immigration and fake receipts.

What's a real fake stamp?!? Sorry I don't get it.

Phra Nakorn Ayuthaya Immigration was "famous" for issue genuine stamps, but never gave receipts, so people had problem when leaving. Even Immigration computer records were correct.

Recently some Pakistani got caught in Sukhumvit with real fake stamps from Chachoengsao Immigration and fake receipts.

What's a real fake stamp?!? Sorry I don't get it.

It was a real stamp from an immigration office but it was not stamped at an immigration office making it a fake stamp.

"Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.

And how to do if the officer have charge you 5000 baths instead of 1900 and refuse to give you a receip ????

In Koh Samui recently for a 1 year retirement extension ... A classic here !

Me too 5,000Baht for a one year extension no receipt (Nathon, probably same officer)

Of course the same, and he have make me waiting all day until 4 pm, knowing i needed to go back to koh tao with the last boat. So a lot of stress all day and he win.

I hate this guy.

Anyone paying 5k for an extn costing 1900 since the sign went up @ that office only has themselves to blame.
i had it tried on with me, 5000baht for express service. i made it clear i wasnt going to pay more than 1900 baht as my documents were in order AND i was quite happy to wait. a few grumbles later all processed. i've been back twice since then and it hasnt been tried on again plus if anything i've been treated much better Edited by ColdSingha
  • Like 1

Anyone can make an unauthorized fake immigration extension of stay rubber stamp! I am sure there are a lot around in various hands.

The only people who are authorized to stamp your passport are your embassy and an authorized Immigration Official fulfilling his duty!

Actually agents are authorized to present on your behalf a request for extension of stay but they must also give their ID and also sign their name in the place reserved for it on the back of the application form.

I think using agents or not using agents doesn't really matter. If people are careful and follow the law this sort of thing is not going to be a problem for them.

• Like 1

Because it sucks waiting in an over crowded immigration room, surrounded by whining old guy's .

Sucks even more to be in a holding cell at immigration waiting to be deported and possibly blacklisted

I've always found it a doddle. Slap on the suit once every 90 days and Off I go....No need for an agency at all.

Frankly I come across more whining old men on my monthly trips to Hua Hin/Cha Am/Pattaya

Is that 90 extension or 90 day reporting?

1. You choose to be here;

2. there are requirements to do so;

3. what a bunch of negative whiners and whingers you are.....

Paying an agent is sheer laziness - it's not onerous to 'go it alone'..... but then some of you must be so hop soaked, it's understandable you can barely get off the stool....

Maybe it's time to return to your country of origin - just sayin' whistling.gif

You say it best when you say nothing at all.

At least he didn't call us "guests".

I can understand people who live a long distance from an immigration center to try to avoid it by using a reputable agent. Otherwise, it is not a bad thing to go there yourself, comply with legal requirements and learn or update your knowledge of how things are going. It is an important part of life in Thailand, so if you want to be here, well worth dedicating some time to it.

Going to immigration and feeling like a criminal every 90 days is drag but it has to be done so just do it

and better to be safe than sorry.

I have never been to any Immigration office to do a 90 day report. The postal service is very effective, far cheaper and less time consuming.

The genuine sample shown is from Chiang Mai Immigration. Does anyone have a genuine sample from Phra Nakon Si Ayutthaya immigration ? Need to verify if mine is genuine. Is agent Express Visa in Pattaya trustworthy ? Can an agent fake immigration receipt. It is printed from computer.

The genuine sample shown is from Chiang Mai Immigration. Does anyone have a genuine sample from Phra Nakon Si Ayutthaya immigration ? Need to verify if mine is genuine. Is agent Express Visa in Pattaya trustworthy ? Can an agent fake immigration receipt. It is printed from computer.

All my receipts are blue from a book that they write them up in which leaves copy in the book

• Like 1