Relationships and Thai culture. Keep it simple.

sipi

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I wanted to keep it simple I don't think I'd get married. All the best anyhow wink.png

Damn straight.

That and I'd have avoided having a child in my 60s.

Who wants to have to make the choice between being comfortable but putting him/her through the Thai education system or scraping by while sending him/her to private or international school?

You dont like not wealthy old western dads, i must guess.

You may try to keep it simple but it may, nevertheless become complicated; also, simple can be rather boring - my advice: check out a song by Steve Forbert entitled 'It isn't gonna be that way' from his album, Alive on Arrival.

Edited by piersbeckett

Yeah simple. You have a child that most likely won't see his father at his high school graduation. That is simple minded of you nothing more.

As for marriage it is never simple nor is life. Simplifying what is important takes a lot of work but that I will agree is necessary for prolonged happiness.

Being as old as you are, I guess you have already had all of the arguments, difficulties and achievements. Now you are on the down spiral of life so you have less attachment to things. I doubt that is the best role model for an equity relationship. Just not caring anymore to the point you are just happy with any "Thaiwife" and starting a family isn't my idea of something to emulate.

But go on bang your drum how great your marriage is and how great of a person you are to start a family in your twilight years.

• Like 1

Yeah simple. You have a child that most likely won't see his father at his high school graduation. That is simple minded of you nothing more.

As for marriage it is never simple nor is life. Simplifying what is important takes a lot of work but that I will agree is necessary for prolonged happiness.

Being as old as you are, I guess you have already had all of the arguments, difficulties and achievements. Now you are on the down spiral of life so you have less attachment to things. I doubt that is the best role model for an equity relationship. Just not caring anymore to the point you are just happy with any "Thaiwife" and starting a family isn't my idea of something to emulate.

But go on bang your drum how great your marriage is and how great of a person you are to start a family in your twilight years.

I'm in my late 40's, so I'll be around to see my sons graduation. I adore my son.

Simple.

Seriously???!!!

Late 40s???!!!

Sorry mate. I made my post under the assumption - from your pic - you were in your 60s. facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

Thats ok. I've had short white hair for years. (I'll blame the flash)

Please don't be concerned about my downward spiral.

I have skydived for nearly 30 years. We kayak, hike, bikeride, fish etc at least twice a week. My 4 year old has been overseas 7 or 8 times.

We're doing just fine.

Simple.

late 40´s ?? you must have had a hard paper round then , on the shankhill road in northern ireland by any chance?? wink.png lol... only joking.. Main thing in life is to be happy, i like to keep things simple , less stress, do things together that myself and my lass enjoy doing together, respect each other..no worries in the world when we´re together...If you´re happy doing what you do, and life is great,,enjoy every minute of it biggrin.png

• Like 1

Seriously???!!!

Late 40s???!!!

Sorry mate. I made my post under the assumption - from your pic - you were in your 60s. facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

Thats ok. I've had short white hair for years. (I'll blame the flash)

Please don't be concerned about my downward spiral.

I have skydived for nearly 30 years. We kayak, hike, bikeride, fish etc at least twice a week. My 4 year old has been overseas 7 or 8 times.

We're doing just fine.

Simple.

Downward spiral??

What downward spiral?

Oh hang on, I remember now . . .

"Simple"

coffee1.gif

OP, we all try to keep it simple.

The problem is you read too much of TVF and you are confused with the comments coming from different members.

This is not how we live, it's just an attempt to spice some of our time by having an argument, with somebody that we wouldn't have in real life.

If we are still living in this country it means we are happy doing so.

Age, does not have an adverse effect on that, the only difference is that you look at things and situations with a wiser and more experienced mind.

So carry on with your happy life, as we all do.

PS. You had a go at ATF, that was wrong.

He was only agreeing with your comment, don't expect everybody to write an assay agreeing or disagreeing with your OP.

Hey Costas.

I agree with your reply, nice words. But have to disagree with your PS. If one can only write "no comment" why bother ?

Just sayin.

Cheers..... Mal.

• Like 1

I posted No Comment because I knew that it wouldn't be long before the Unhappy in Thailand crowd came out and started biting his ankles like a bunch of hyenas.

You know who you all are.

Thank you kind Sir.

You know TVF a lot better than I ever will.

• Like 1

you have to sever between the past Thai culture and the modern present Thai culture latest much better being educated and work oriented.

Compromise is tough as either you are on the side of the arsonist or on the fire brigade side

because in the middle this is fire.......

Simplicity is not enough you need intelligence and understanding.