Where to Buy Power Jack?

nivram4491

I need a fairly standard power jack to connect to the back of my Creative Labs speaker. I went to Amorn Hang Dong to buy one but they didn't have one. No problem, I was sure the main Amorn Store at Computer Plaza would have one as I bought one there before.

To my surprise the main Amorn Electronics store seems to have morphed into a general store with practically no small electronics parts.

Where do you buy electronics parts in Chiang Mai?

Note in the photo below that I am not looking for a power supply. I am only looking for the jack that is circled in red. Of course it has to be the right size but it is a standard electronics part.

post-99062-0-58208600-1412425073_thumb.j

All the Amorn stores I have visited recently stock generic power adapter kits [@~200Bt] with interchangeable connectors for various voltages.

For plug ONLY, try one of the shops upstairs in Icon Plaza, next door to Amorn. Looks like a 12 - 15v size to me.

• Like 1

Amorn couldn't resist going all generic -- noodles and sweeties indeed -- and are about as much use as tits on a kipper today.

If that place in Panthip by IT City hasn't got one, head towards the central section (either 2nd or 3rd floor) where there's a couple of repair outlets that should have jacks and such. Also one above Goodspeed.

Failing that, that crazy-busy Chinese electrical outlet on Wua Lai Rd (18.780331,98.986344) might have one lying around amid the mire, and it's possible even Tesco still has an accessories section.

If after spending half a day not getting anywhere, might be best to defer to just buying a new supply for twopence-halfpenny and a big apple... but if you're anything like me, you'd go to the end of the earth to get that little thing.

If you head down Chang Moi road from the moat and turn left at the main junction on a corner a hundred meters or so along the road just after the Kasem store is a decent electronics component shop. There's also another but more difficult to describe on Chotana road not far from Tanin market.

Thank you for all the replies. I found what I was looking for in Icon Plaza about 50 meters from the Amorn "Electronics" shop. As you go into Icon Plaza there are two sets of stair cases, one on the right and one on the left. If you take the left set there is a shop on the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs that sells basic electronics stuff.