Police chief urges officers to make people have faith in police again

Lite Beer

Police chief urges officers to make people have faith in police again

BANGKOK, 5 October 2014 (NNT) - Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol.Gen. Somyot Phumphanmuang has delivered his policy to high-ranking police officers, urging them to quickly create love among the people and improve the quality of life of their subordinates.

The national police chief on Sunday chaired a meeting on the Royal Thai Police’s policy in the 2015 fiscal year. Highlights of the policy included drug suppression, fight against corruption, solutions to the Southern unrest, service to the general public in all dimensions as well as efforts to draw faith and trust from the people.

Pol.Gen. Somyot also called on the police officials to make sure that their subordinates live dignified and honorable lives by making plans aimed at concretely improving their quality of life.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-05 footer_n.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take a lot more than an appeal to change peoples views of the RTP. Way too many rotten apples within the force and at all levels.

Their reputation for being generally unhelpfull,corrupt,incompetent and on the make will take years of effort to change and many would fall back into their old ways first chance they got..

Really don't see this happening its too big a task.

The whole of thai society would have to change to support this being able to happen.

• Like 1

urging them to quickly create love among the people and improve the quality of life of their subordinates.

We don't need them to create love and improve the quality of life. All we want is for them to do their job of locking up true criminals, stop extortions, and quit lying to everyone for fk sake. Is that too much to ask? Yes of course is with these clowns.

• Like 1

They have a looong ways to go before anyone is going to have faith in them.

Highway police officers arrested in bribery sting.

1374975_592338340824348_913154149_n.jpg

Yeah those highway cops are all on the take. I keep 200 baht in my international driver's license.

They lie like hell. Tell me I'm speeding when I'm not & arbitrarily pull me over for driving in the wrong lane. Bastards.

• Like 1

since when has anyone ever had any faith in thai police, they have never been trusted, everyone knows they are simply corrupt like all other govt people and that they refuse to do their jobs unless special payments are offered.

• Like 1

Sack the lot of them and start all over again, would be a good start.

Bunch of corrupt clowns.

Don't know if that approach will work. Ex: The entire Iraq army was sacked after the Gulf War...now the reconstituted army is worst.

• Like 1

They have a looong ways to go before anyone is going to have faith in them.

Highway police officers arrested in bribery sting.

1374975_592338340824348_913154149_n.jpg

Yeah those highway cops are all on the take. I keep 200 baht in my international driver's license.

They lie like hell. Tell me I'm speeding when I'm not & arbitrarily pull me over for driving in the wrong lane. Bastards.

Save your money. Invest in a car cam.

Where to start ?, When all the high up officers have paid to be in that

job with money, not by proficiency,or hard work,so the most corrupt rise

to the top,leaving the ones at the bottom to do anything and everything

to try and move up the ladder.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

Where to start ?, When all the high up officers have paid to be in that

job with money, not by proficiency,or hard work,so the most corrupt rise

to the top,leaving the ones at the bottom to do anything and everything

to try and move up the ladder.

regards Worgeordie

Who did they pay I wonder..... must be up the chain.....Police Chief perhaps.... who now wants them to reform..... fat chance of that happening.