Police address criticisms over Koh Tao arrest of Myanmar suspects

webfact

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the negative folks in the peanut gallery, as a former undercover officer with The Royal Thai Police in conjunction with the US Embassy, I'd highly suggest you remember you are only privy to the facts exposed online. There are numerous concerns about intelligence assets etc. which you'll never know about.

And if I was a Thai National Royal Thai Police Officer, I'd have a thing out for you. So stop being so negative, the Royal Thai Police are extremely efficient and friendly and concerned about getting the right people. Anybody who's had an experience which contradicts my statement should look in the mirror and read what you write.

Continuous negative speculation is not the smart thing to do. Why don't you go out and make a legal business and make money so you don't have so much time to speculate.

Some of you are so lucky they don't track you down.

Uncle

Can anybody send me a link, with pics, that show, the Myanmar with bruising and burns from boiling water, that was put upon them to own up, or whereabout of suspects ?? Id like to see it.. All these accusations of torture and so on, im finding it hard to believe nobody has taken pics...

• Like 1

To all the negative folks in the peanut gallery, as a former undercover officer with The Royal Thai Police in conjunction with the US Embassy, I'd highly suggest you remember you are only privy to the facts exposed online. There are numerous concerns about intelligence assets etc. which you'll never know about.

And if I was a Thai National Royal Thai Police Officer, I'd have a thing out for you. So stop being so negative, the Royal Thai Police are extremely efficient and friendly and concerned about getting the right people. Anybody who's had an experience which contradicts my statement should look in the mirror and read what you write.

Continuous negative speculation is not the smart thing to do. Why don't you go out and make a legal business and make money so you don't have so much time to speculate.

Some of you are so lucky they don't track you down.

Uncle

What kind of country would do such a thing?

• Like 2

Can anybody send me a link, with pics, that show, the Myanmar with bruising and burns from boiling water, that was put upon them to own up, or whereabout of suspects ?? Id like to see it.. All these accusations of torture and so on, im finding it hard to believe nobody has taken pics...

Yes it's speculation, but there might be good reasons for it.

Anyway, I agree with you there is no proof.

But I am afraid there are more things with no proof on the other side.

Edited by sweatalot

If the DNA evidence is infallibly conclusive, why did they need to beat confessions out of the Burmese boys?

Let us stick to the facts, torture hasn't been proved,it's only here say. Seeing them do the enactment on the beach they didn't appear to be in pain. Dousing their heads with near boiling water would be obvious on their faces as well as their heads.

You are scared to speak out. What freedom do you have ?

Hmm read my posts and you will see I am not afraid, under anonymity. That anonymity which protects me and allows me to express my opinions openly. It does not affect my freedom or privacy.

It's not like I have inside info or anything. Also, I am not concerned with people 'liking' my posts as I tend to offend many. Do you really want some troll knowing where you live?

Some tend to confuse anonymity with kryptonite, but they tend to reveal their one-dimensioned mentality very quickly and are easily ignored.

Old school is still better. laugh.png

• Like 1

Good that the police cleared that up.

So that's one conspiracy you guys cross off your list after about 1000 posts.

Now let's move onto the DNA.

It's stands for national dyslexics association you know.

Anyway the noose is getting tighter around these scumbags necks as more will revealed in the days ahead.

Even perry mason would get these guys off.

"It's stands for national dyslexics association you know" you are wrong, it stands for 'Don't No Anything'

Hi... New to Thia visa as a member but have used this great service for along time. Having lived in Thailand for a number of years I believe that I understand the culture to some degree.

However, as we all have seen there are so many injustices. We have seen how the people of Myanmar are treated like slaves and how they are used as the fall guys for so many wrongs. We can not let this be one of them. A friend has sent me this link. If we and so many Thais want change we have to keep the pressure up.

All we ask for is justice for David and Hannah. Let us not forget these two young people or the families that have lost so much. RIP David and Hannah. Please pass this link on to as many people as you can.

Please join this campaign: [link removed]

A very cynical question - do people joining this campaign actually link to their FB account?

If so, and you live in Thailand I would advise caution as the powers that be are getting very nervous about free speech and you would not want to get caught up in it. If you live on the islands, it could also cause you some serious problems as recent events show - the stakes are high now.

Flame me for being a fear monger, but my freedom and privacy are my greatest possessions. FB kinda flies in the face of those.

For all you know this poster could be a Thai person with an hidden agenda. Or they could be who they say - how do you decide?

None here, i thoroughly agree with bertty, i need my visa extension, i have a family here, i, for one, am too cowardly to stand and be counted.

Police address criticisms over arrest of Myanmar suspects

the only thing that I want to hear / read from the police is that they agree an independent professional

organization checks the case.

(I don't care if it is UK police or FBI - just independant, professional and not Thai)

There are quite a few Thais that would agree with you about this investigation or any investigation by the Thai police... but they aren't going to speak out. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than transferring a few Police Generals by the PM for Thais to have any confidence in the RTP. Thais are reared up to be proud that they are Thai, but across the board they are ashamed of the RTP.

• Like 2

Do the RTP not realise how much blood would be flying around as these brutal attacks were taking place? The perpetrators would have it all over themselves and their clothes, but the police don't seem to have found any trace of blood on anything but the hoe.

Does anyone else find this rather curious?

One of the Burmese guys had the same t shirt on a 7-11, the same one on the day after when pictured and the same one when being arrested.

Even if washed itd still have blood on it.

may be he has more than one shirt?

Its a possibility, but why would he still be wearing the t shirt after arrest .... surely to f'en god all t shirts that match the one on the CCTV should be taken for analysis.

What they need to do is allow an agency from outside Thailand to go over the so called evidence as well as check the supposed dna samples taken from the local "mafia"

I don't think the BiB will ever allow an alien to investigate their own men, do anyone still remember the killing of that poor boy, Leo Del Pinto, and the absurd cover up made by the local BiB's boss??

Welcome to Thailand....

Investigators will sign tomorrow ... does that mean the chemists who carried out the tests and why didn't they certify their findings immediately ?

Other investigators cannot certify the work they did not carry out, except maybe here.

Did the results have to be approved first ?

Exemplary professionalism indeed.

Quite Also see "SINGAPORE DNA TESTS A MYTH?"

Post #557 in the Rights Group Arranges Lawyers thread.

http://thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765800

lets hope and pray that the british government get seriously involved.

I believe a much easier way to get to the truth is to get English media to find and question McAnna. He is key to the investigation and such an important element cannot disappear after critical statements ("the owner of AC bar did it").

• Like 1

Hmm read my posts and you will see I am not afraid, under anonymity. That anonymity which protects me and allows me to express my opinions openly. It does not affect my freedom or privacy.

It's not like I have inside info or anything. Also, I am not concerned with people 'liking' my posts as I tend to offend many. Do you really want some troll knowing where you live?

Some tend to confuse anonymity with kryptonite, but they tend to reveal their one-dimensioned mentality very quickly and are easily ignored.

Old school is still better. laugh.png

Bottom line is numbers tell the story.

People in US complain that there's 4,000 gun related homicides / year / 100 million people. Something like 5-10 times more than a lot of western European countries.

In Thailand there's 25,000 gun related homicides / year / 100 million people

So Thai Police get loads of experience. And some of the guys they have to nail are real "hardcore". It's not like the Koh Tao murders are the first they've investigated.

Wait and see what the UK Ambassador has to say as he will be privy to much more info than us.

And it's amazing they didn't crack down on visas before cause there are plenty of foreigners who increase the Police workload a lot. But Thailand is a generally life loving culture and appreciate tourism. So that's why they try to be nice to foreigners, I'd say keep it that way.

Nuff Said, have a good night boys

I heard that there are photos of these two guys being DNA tested early on in the investigation, if true seems their DNA wasnt a match at that stage

Any link or supporting evidence available?

Yes, on Facebook you can see them queuing up for DNA testing with a big smile on their face, not really a murderers' attitude before a critical test.

• Like 1

Too many loopholes in the case, if it smells like a skunk, walks like a duck, acts like a scared coyote, it must be a set up case, another good case solved by the keystone cops, their tactics are widely known, why would there be so many questioning the outcome.

Edited by Pundi6446

If the DNA evidence is infallibly conclusive, why did they need to beat confessions out of the Burmese boys?

Let us stick to the facts, torture hasn't been proved,it's only here say. Seeing them do the enactment on the beach they didn't appear to be in pain. Dousing their heads with near boiling water would be obvious on their faces as well as their heads.

That is probably the reason for them wearing crash helmets and also to conceal the fact that they have no resemblance to the men in the cctv . Furthermore was the black hair dye used to change from blonde to black found at the suspects house .

Police address criticisms over arrest of Myanmar suspects

the only thing that I want to hear / read from the police is that they agree an independent professional

organization checks the case.

(I don't care if it is UK police or FBI - just independant, professional and not Thai)

There are quite a few Thais that would agree with you about this investigation or any investigation by the Thai police... but they aren't going to speak out. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than transferring a few Police Generals by the PM for Thais to have any confidence in the RTP. Thais are reared up to be proud that they are Thai, but across the board they are ashamed of the RTP.

thats exactly the point and thats why everyone is totally correct to be HIGHLY suspicious. And lets not forget that these voice suspicions all arise because of the total nonsense of their own published statements. We just answer to what THEY publish. Has nothing to do with "Thai bashing".

P.S.: The best advise if it comes to Thailand I EVER received from a friend years back when I had no idea what he was talking about was:

"Dont listen to what Thai' say, SEE what they DO".

Its prudent in all cultures to always "think" and maybe not take all as the truth what people tell you. But a far as Thailand is concerned, that is still today, even more than ever and reconfirmed on an almost daily bases, the best advise I ever heard...... !!!