Police address criticisms over Koh Tao arrest of Myanmar suspects

webfact

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words JPEG yep your right that was me during the protests and I was the one standing up for democracy and branded a red shirt plant and this time some gave branded me a police plant because I believe the police have got it right.

Anyway thanks for putting me on your ignore list and please enforce it as your abuse only shows your insecurity .

Do the RTP not realise how much blood would be flying around as these brutal attacks were taking place? The perpetrators would have it all over themselves and their clothes, but the police don't seem to have found any trace of blood on anything but the hoe.

Does anyone else find this rather curious?

Been wondering the same for a long time.

And oh good, they will sign a statement. Because people who would stitch up two people for murder would NEVER sign a paper if they didn't mean it!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A suggestion to RTP....in future, when u start an investigation....never ever start it by saying no thais would ever do it.

And don't show favoritism by not testing influential families.

The petition is a Red Herring, as it seemingly seeks procedure that has been common practice in the homeland of the deceased for decades:

The death of Helen Smith and her father's subsequent campaign led to a change in the rules regarding inquests into violent or unnatural deaths abroad.[2] The West Yorkshire Coroner, Philip Gill had declined to hold an inquest, concluding that the case was outside his jurisdiction. However, although his decision was upheld by the High Court, in July 1982 the Court of Appeal ordered the inquest to go ahead. The ruling imposed a duty on coroners to investigate deaths abroad where the body was returned to England and Wales.[6] The hearing was billed as the inquest of the century, but failed to give Ron Smith the closure he had wanted. The jury returned an open verdict.[6] The 1982 ruling had an impact on thousands of cases and was later cited as a reason for the decision to hold an inquest into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Smith_(nurse)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Do the RTP not realise how much blood would be flying around as these brutal attacks were taking place? The perpetrators would have it all over themselves and their clothes, but the police don't seem to have found any trace of blood on anything but the hoe.

One of the Burmese guys had the same t shirt on a 7-11, the same one on the day after when pictured and the same one when being arrested.

Even if washed itd still have blood on it.

I brought that up and people said he would have more than one work shirt, if so where is this missing one, if there is one, as it would be covered in blood if he did it and his pants.

Good that the police cleared that up.

So that's one conspiracy you guys cross off your list after about 1000 posts.

Now let's move onto the DNA.

It's stands for national dyslexics association you know.

Anyway the noose is getting tighter around these scumbags necks as more will revealed in the days ahead.

Even perry mason would get these guys off.

I think you get off on trolling & another old subject, dunno about perry mason or columbo TVland nonsense. One can notice you sure have a weak spot for the police farce, seeing as our favorite ol' swindler on the run was once heading up the farce, right?

There are lots of holes in the events, and we don't know for sure that DNA belonged to them; hence all the uproar on the terrible incompetent and unprofessional job the police have done. An inept farce, like your old cult heroes, who need booted out & replaced like your old heroes, then things'll turn around. The need to get medical experts on TV proving samples from the lab, not alleged allegation of who they wish the DNA belonged to. Protecting going on, nothing conspiracy wise...if it looks, smells, sounds, seems....even Helen Keller could....

Edited by gemini81

One of the Burmese guys had the same t shirt on a 7-11, the same one on the day after when pictured and the same one when being arrested.

I brought that up and people said he would have more than one work shirt, if so where is this missing one, if there is one, as it would be covered in blood if he did it and his pants.

Lots of missing evidence. If they had that shirt, I am sure it would be paraded big time. It might still be them, but there are so many holes in the case.

[

He added that investigators would tomorrow sign a document confirming that the DNA samples given by the two Myanmar men matched those found on the victim’s body. The matter will be forwarded to the Office of the Attorney-General on October 8. The men will be held in police custody on Koh Samui in the meantime.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-10-06 footer_n.gif

Wow.... There are police willing to take responsibility and sign a document that the DNA is correct. Does that mean that if in the event the Burmese guys are later found not guilty and that the DNA was in fact wrong that they can be sued by the Burmese and prosecuted for false statements and corruption ?

"He added that investigators would tomorrow sign a document confirming that the DNA samples given by the two Myanmar men matched those found on the victim’s body."

Brilliant. Because everyone believes the exemplary police are capable and honorable men that are only concerned about the safety of it's citizens and tourists.

post-137694-0-73483300-1412582611_thumb.

Edited by yougivemebaby

I don't know why people keep going on about these phones.

More curiously is why davids DNA is confirmed not on the hoe that is said to be the murder weapon.

The police said right from the start, the hoe was not the weapon used on David.

Now, they insist it was.

Second curiosity is , there is not a scrap of DNA or evidence putting David and Hannah physically together in any way shape or form.

As they would have everyone believe in the re-enactment.

Forget about the phones.

DNA on the hoe is the question.

David's injuries don't look like caused by a hoe, they say they were caused by some kind of blade

Nothing to see here. Move along now.

What a complete and tragic joke the RTP are.

I would like UK investigators to confirm the DNA samples match and clarify beyond doubt that these murderers have been correctly apprehended. I just want to see that justice beyond any doubt is served.

Yes a lot of, many of, trillions of, posters have said that. Jayzuz H!

One of those arrested was arrested in the same shirt he was wearing in the store footage the night of the murder yet his shirt is not blood stained.

Did you also notice his shirt said 'AC' on it? That's where he worked. It was his work shirt. He likely had several of them.

• Like 1

I don't know why people keep going on about these phones.

More curiously is why davids DNA is confirmed not on the hoe that is said to be the murder weapon.

The police said right from the start, the hoe was not the weapon used on David.

Now, they insist it was.

Second curiosity is , there is not a scrap of DNA or evidence putting David and Hannah physically together in any way shape or form.

As they would have everyone believe in the re-enactment.

Forget about the phones.

DNA on the hoe is the question.

David's injuries don't look like caused by a hoe, they say they were caused by some kind of blade

Hi... New to Thia visa as a member but have used this great service for along time. Having lived in Thailand for a number of years I believe that I understand the culture to some degree.

However, as we all have seen there are so many injustices. We have seen how the people of Myanmar are treated like slaves and how they are used as the fall guys for so many wrongs. We can not let this be one of them. A friend has sent me this link. If we and so many Thais want change we have to keep the pressure up.

All we ask for is justice for David and Hannah. Let us not forget these two young people or the families that have lost so much. RIP David and Hannah. Please pass this link on to as many people as you can.

Please join this campaign: [link removed]

A very cynical question - do people joining this campaign actually link to their FB account?

If so, and you live in Thailand I would advise caution as the powers that be are getting very nervous about free speech and you would not want to get caught up in it. If you live on the islands, it could also cause you some serious problems as recent events show - the stakes are high now.

Flame me for being a fear monger, but my freedom and privacy are my greatest possessions. FB kinda flies in the face of those.

For all you know this poster could be a Thai person with an hidden agenda. Or they could be who they say - how do you decide?

You are scared to speak out. What freedom do you have ?

• Like 2

may be he has more than one shirt?

• Like 1

lets hope and pray that the british government get seriously involved.

Sadly, I very much doubt that they will--unless great pressure comes from the victims' families to their Member of Parliament; and, since the families are not 'au fait' with the Royal Thai Police and their 'modus operandi', they will probably believe the current story, why shouldn't they?

They really are scrambling for any cock and bull story in order to try and convince the public. It's not rocket science - let the British conduct an independent test... in fact if I were the British Prime Minister I would insist upon it after two nationals were murdered. Unfortunately David Cameron has about as much spine as a jellyfish... there are times when diplomacy ought to be put aside and this should be done for the sake of the families.

Again, two days after the murders and with the farce unfolding I left... I simply cannot in all good conscience support a nation through spending my money in a country as corrupt as Thailand and if any of the expats here moaning about it had half the moral integrity they so highly laud they too would leave en mass in protest.

As I've said before... you can effect change but only if you have the will to do so.

• Like 1

Police address criticisms over arrest of Myanmar suspects

the only thing that I want to hear / read from the police is that they agree an independent professional

organization checks the case.

(I don't care if it is UK police or FBI - just independant, professional and not Thai)

• Like 1