Universal doubts cloud 'perfect' Koh Tao murder investigation

webfact

A ' perfect job ', I wonder what he would call one that had really been botched ?

' a perfect job'
The general has praised them and rewarded them for thier perfect job. He is very happy with thier methods and is encouraging all police to use the same tactics. Rewards are waiting for all who adopt these investigation techniques.
  • Like 2

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the non-suspect who fled the island the day after and has not provided a dna sample.

Mon sot.....408749_2516699513748_939083871_n.jpg?oh=

Taken from his fb page

So why are the police not on this freak's tail?

I guess we should ask........how high up the chain does protection for these people go?..........I'm suggesting that maybe, a lot higher than many of us suspect

It's very high in this 3rd world, that happens to depend on the First and second worlds, let's send it to the top...

Now the burmese have their lawyers perhaps we could start a fund to match the $1 million baht that the head man said he would pay if anyone could prove anyone from his family was involved....

Let's rustle up a million baht and offer it to the heads mans family if they give DNA samples to the UK authorities..All the sons and cousins...not put the samples in a taxi fto Singapore and end up in bkk...Let the uk compare them with the samples they have

If they have nothing to hide they'd jump at it and all this inuendo would vanish...

Then their sweet little Island can return to business as normal, even regain their already lost face and income,

What's worse for a Thai, loss of face or money? Well you have all of the above now..

Would be the perfect call for his disgusting offer of a million to prove his family did it...

The familes DNA holds the key..

What's this bullshit about giving DNA to the Pommies,,,If one wants a independent investigation I would say the only ones that could maybe help the Thai investigators is a combined effort from the UN and the Thai Police,,,Not UK!

Thai police...LOL...ooops I just got charged again...

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the whole Island of Koh Tao being DNA tested, just like the Burmese, who seem to have no human rights or Work permits, yet they seem to do ALL the work...

Is it fair for the family to be tested? or only burmese? there is a missing DNA sample.....guess who?????

Here's the non-suspect who fled the island the day after and has not provided a dna sample.

Taken from his fb page

So why are the police not on this freak's tail?

Because of who he is and probably large brown envelopes

From the very beginning some locals where stating that "a Thai cannot do this". It seems Top Thai authorities share the same weird belief that tourism won't be hurt if it Burmese immigrants who did it while it would be a major issue if the murdered was Thai.

I think what they meant was, A thai doesn't have to DNA test to this..But all you burmese who do all our work without visas, make sure you get tested twice, and be sure to be found guilty the second time!!!!!!!!

The ONLY way the RTP can redeem themselves is to get a DNA test done on all the family members who own and run the AC bar including the young man in the picture and the duo that chased Sean into the convenience store.

If they are guilty, the RTP can keep the million baht offered by the Head of the Family if anyone can prove that his family is involved with the killings.

As perfect as it may seem ! Open and closed case , i am sure that at autopsy the pathologist in the UK has been diligent enough to take hair samples to test for Rohipnol .

This is no wine or alcohol related crime , it smacks of premeditated date rape , outRAGE and instant remorse by the Iced up perps .

I mean lets be frank here ,Hannah was not merely killed on that beach , someone no doubt in a rage made an attempt to annihilate , to wipe her face of this earth .

As a consequence i am sure those friends and associates , of they main suspects in this case , will have noticed outbursts of rage on other occasions , no doubt some of those associates are now having their own doubts . It is time for them to voice their doubts , they may be among the Burmese community of Koh tao , or the more refined society of BBk university , or indeed previous travellers to the island .

Nice of you to show concern and add an opinion,

if you had been following this case from day one, and had seen the horriffic crime scene photos,

and had them explained to you by someone experienced in Forensics,

there are several things that have been missed along the way,

Sorry to the families of the victims, but it's time I share this morbid fact again,

The crime scene photos clearly show that hannah was raped post mortum...Sorry but it's true,,,

Please people, never give up in the pursuit for some form of justice...

When will the FAMILY come up and say, we want Koh Tao to be safe for everyone, you're all welcome...we will submit a DNA test to the UK officials...Till that day, loss of face and money!!!!!

This was obvious from the crime scene photos and I have mentioned it before and the fact that this cannot be the first

time the culprit has shown a tendency to extreme violence.

• Like 1

Taken from his fb page

could anyone enlighten me, who this "dodo" is ?

its a worker at ac bar ?

or is he the "close aide" of woraphan tuwichian, the owner of the intouch bar ?

He's the AC Bars owner son. Most think he committed the murders. He looks like the guy in the CCTV and he's apparently got a boat to Bangkok, in the morning of the murders. Edited by nadii

I dont know why some on here are attacking Mark Kent , check out his latest twitter posts and the FCO comments reported in the Daily Telegraph. I think quite a lot is being done behind the scenes , been a long time since the Brits loaded the gun boats and shouted jump !

Now the burmese have their lawyers perhaps we could start a fund to match the $1 million baht that the head man said he would pay if anyone could prove anyone from his family was involved....

Let's rustle up a million baht and offer it to the heads mans family if they give DNA samples to the UK authorities..All the sons and cousins...not put the samples in a taxi fto Singapore and end up in bkk...Let the uk compare them with the samples they have

If they have nothing to hide they'd jump at it and all this inuendo would vanish...

Then their sweet little Island can return to business as normal, even regain their already lost face and income,

What's worse for a Thai, loss of face or money? Well you have all of the above now..

Would be the perfect call for his disgusting offer of a million to prove his family did it...

When will you be starting your project, with full details of how much to raise, how you expect to raise it and lay out exactly how you are going to present it to the head mans family?

How much are you offering? we will open a bank account in Thailand or England, with a guarantee of a refund if default,

I will raise 1 million baht to say the Family is guilty, as opposed to the 1 million the family offered to say nobody could prove them guilty......figure it out...will the Family raise their offer to 10 million that nobody will find them guilty, if so they win, Koh Tao loses face nd money......how much money would you put on the table to see this family clear their name, not just we've got a million that says you will never find us guilty...Shame on you, shame on all wearing the evil blood of this horrible crime......sick dogs..

Dodos (Warot) has deactivated his Facebook account!!...interesting...wonder if something's happening behind the scenes.

Perhaps he does not want anyone else lifting photos from his FB account and posting them on TV!!

• Like 1

So of this one million baht, how much are you pledging? I missed that bit in your post.

Perhaps you ask the family who offered 1 million how much it would cost them to prove they are guilty, rather than not guilty,

but go on, I will indulge you....I will personally offer 100,000 baht for a DNA sample, let's raise the bar above 1 mill people of the west....we want to see who committed this sad sad crime!!!!

Where's your money lie?

With so many sceptics who think it's a police set up not have Thais involved perhaps the Thai police should simply drop the case and deport the two young men accused .

Let the British police come here and resolve the murder by themselves , then you would be sure that there was no bias of any sort .

LMFAO... can you make another sentence??? or was that a question? Or a deflection....555555

How can we know David was attacked by a left handed person?

I must admit that his wounds don't look like what I'd expect to see from a hoe, especially the blunt side but I'm not basing this on any scientific understanding.

This is my biggest doubt in relation to David being attacked with a knife: in a struggle with someone who brandished a knife, wouldn't you expect more slash wounds to David's arms and body? I can't bring myself to believe the attacker would primarily stab into David's skull during a fight- I just can't get the image.

Wounds to the skin and subcutaneous layer tissue - Which one of these types of wounds do you believe were found on David's body and on Sean's arm and leg?attachicon.gif10696185_712038985540496_4251538905610181389_n.jpg

cool, but can we DNA the head family on Koh Tao? or do they still have human rights to deny the tests, unlike the Burmes who got lined up twice, shame on you...or in Thai Som Num na....we call it you deserve it, you call it money is gone 5555

One thing that's been bugging me is..

How did Hannah end up being separated from her friends?

On the CCTV, it clearly shows she came out of the AC or Choppers Bar with a female friend and a male friend and there was a group of them.

How did she end up by herself in the dark at the beach with her murderers?

Why didn't her friends go looking for her?

I would, if it was 2am and my friend was out there by herself.

If Hannah and David went out together, that'd make sense but it looks like David was by himself judging from the CCTV, and he came across the scene.

I saw a video of where Hannah and her friend were staying. The balcony actually looked out onto the exact spot where she was killed. I'm surprised her friend wasn't looking out for Hannah?

So many unanswered questions about that night.

It seams a little of when they two suspect don't know haw they did it

And even more that they subject turist for wird kind of safety measures instead of do it to the immigrants workers

Maybe it's not the problem and the police know

And very unintelligent of the pm to push the police for resolve the crime better give them time and help so they can prove with out a doubt that the results is 100%

But obviously it means more to pm that girls not. Wear bikini

But unfortunately it's doesn't matter if FBI or UK look at the evidence it's already compromised and must reliable of the thai samples there are no second chance after autopsy is done ones

But it's seams like it doesn't stop with the incompetence when the like to criminally criticism but they don't got that attitude from strangers PM /general think same it's unfortunate for thailand and it will certainly not boost the economic in export or import of turist

Since May it is more unsafe many lost there income and burglary is the way out it seams

No matter they planed the coup for years the pm must understand that undermine police public servants is dangerous and he can not shoot every one and must restore democracy no matter he can not steal more but for the safety of the country and the turist

And this case is just another example of the incompetence of the PM who is not elected and did not take care of the country he intervene by him selve but showed haw much he is out of any form of control

Today it's is harming thailand trust is kind of important

And for those who don't se the connection integrity of the country is every PM job

Life sucks when you depend on google translate....you are out of your depth...Your post made no sense...google translate that..

Are the original semen samples found on/in the woman's body in a save place and are there other authorities (foreign) then the RTP, having copies of the analysis?

This is the golden question isn't it ? The victims (Hannah at least) appear to have been sent back to the UK 6 days after the crime and before all these newer more recent allegations surfaced (ref : http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/21/thailand-murders-hannah-witheridge-body-returned-home-uk ).

I suspect there might be good reasons for the Embassy officials to ask people directly involved not to make statements after a crime like this.

Topic Headline: Universal doubts cloud 'perfect' Koh Tao murder investigation
From the Bangkok.Coconuts.co website:
"Coconuts Media is a local city website network that harnesses social media and video to amplify coverage of urban areas in Asia." including
Bangkok, Hong Kong, Jakarta ,Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Singapore. Doesn't say much about its coverage in the rest of the Universe.

Nonsense.

All they need to do is put it into print and get it on the internet,

Social Media has cracked this case, and may have cracked this entire system of crime and punishment

They should next focus on the Thai prisons

Nothing has been cracked.

With so many sceptics who think it's a police set up not have Thais involved perhaps the Thai police should simply drop the case and deport the two young men accused .

Let the British police come here and resolve the murder by themselves , then you would be sure that there was no bias of any sort .

Do you really think they would leave themselves open to the possibility that British police might find a Thai guilty?

Not going to happen. sad.png

And have the southern police chief of Surat thani and those below him on the case lose big face in front of the whole world. Nope

So where's the compromise?

If things continue to snowball as they are, the BIB are going to be looking for an out where they can make some BS claim that absolves them from responsibility for arresting the wrong guys, assuming they are the wrong guys. Nothing's proven yet.

However outlandish, they'll need to have some spin on things that they can use to save face. A bit like murderers say that it wasn't their fault they killed someone it was because they were drunk, etc,etc.

Not seeing it yet, but if things go pear shaped with these two workers arrest, it'll be interesting, probably hilarious, to see what the BIB come up with.

A long way to go yet though, the BIB won't give in without a fight, and if they have done their work properly, nor should they. It's just, how can I put it, these little things keep cropping up that put them in a bad light. So inconvenient.

Don't despair my friend you’re on the right track.

It’s not merrily their fault it’s the culture and how one is trained, guided and directed from birth. However, the problem is us westerners are too well versed in BS which is part of our own culture. Which, unfortunately is part n’ parcel of our intellect that tends from time to time become a bind in instances like this. Unless of course, you have brain damage like JTJ to include his cohorts who’ve lost these birthright traits like empathy, sympathy, compassion or even understanding how one is entering into another's feelings.

Keep up the good work ……

• Like 1

I don't believe these two are guilty but I don't understand the argument that theses to small men couldn't take out a big guy. One hit to the head from behind with a hoe or stab with a knife. Have you never seen a little guy take a big guy out with his bare hands?

Is the former

suspect/suspects a big guy?

The son of the influential figure is a slim little runt; his uncle, the brother of said influential figure, appears to be a wiry and fit man although clearly not David's size. But remember this: it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog (all things being equal of course).

Also keep in mind that one party there that night on the beach had murderous intent and that may not have been known to the other party until too late.

Cheers.

Edited by geraldbradford

Seems clear enough. The BIB, or whoever prepared that press statement, lied. A pretty stupid lie as well because it would be sure to get His Excellency Mark Kent's back up and he is probably one of the few people who can actually make a difference in terms of how seriously the UK Government takes the allegations of BIB creating scapegoats.

The extent of the praise as quoted was far to much to ever be true. So is anything else a lie, now that this statement has been shown to be irrefutably so? You bet your bottom dollar there are more than a few.......

Looking back I can't see the 'exemplary professionalism' quote attributed directly to Mark Kent. It looks like it was in a press release put out by the BiB.

The only quote directly attributed to Mr Kent in respect of the meeting which was ostensibly to congratulate the police chief on his new appointment was as follows:

'The British Ambassador later said “Thailand and the UK have always mutually helped each other in the past and the cooperation has always benefitted both countries. This new development reaffirms our confidence in both our countries abilities.”'

This much more guarded and diplomatic. He could hardly have told the police chief to his face and reporters afterwards that he thought the whole investigation was a crock of sh1t. What he said actually foreshadows the possibility of some sort of joint investigation. In fact we don't know at what point what evidence the Thai police forensics staff left in the bodies of the deceased for British pathologist to find or if they destroyed everything.

There might now be quite a bit of evidence in the UK including circumstantial evidence from David and Hannah's friends. They were seen being interviewed in vid clips by policemen who can could barely utter two words of English and then allowed to leave immediately apart from Chris Ware whom they attempted to nail as a sole rapist/ killer despite accusing him of being David's gay lover. This idea fell apart when DNA from two Asian males was found - enter the current suspects - and Chris was released but he can't ever been interviewed by Thai police about what happened in the AC Bar before his friends were murdered. The British crowd should also be able to eliminate the headman's son, if shown pictures of him. If he was in the AC Bar that night, one of the surviving British backpackers would surely be able to recognise a picture of him prior to his haircut.

You’re bang-on my friend.

It’s all a complete and utter crock of shit. No use us trying to explain in great detail all the compelling evidence against theirs (BIB). Something stands out like a sore thumb that would enrage us Farangs in our own countries that too any westerner, would never ever get off the ground. How in God’s name could the University, not submit a true and unbending report on whether he attended classes on this very important day he gave reference to. Especially, after he submitted poor photo-shopped pictures to throw the investigation off course to try vindicate him from all blame. Also, fellow students should give statements as to his fresh new look and how often he had haircuts in the past and not to forget whether he had cuts or bruises/blemishes on his person.

I know, it’s idiotic to even think this would be humanly possible since – This Is Thailand….