Universal doubts cloud 'perfect' Koh Tao murder investigation

webfact

Apparently as reported in the above article Hannah was also sodomized ..this is heartbreaking stuff , pack raping a young innocent woman like an animal , then cold blooded murder ...the culprits must of been under some major influence , similar to the boat driver and hiding caveman.

It seems more and more dangerous for anyone to visit that island . well , i'm a travel agent and for sure i won't send anyone there .

Sean Macanna knows a lot about what happened that night , lets hope he does the right thing . You cannot murder innocent people like animals and brush it under the carpet or can you simply get away with murder in Thailand

• Like 2

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nom Sod (Thai for 'fresh milk') is the son of the headman, and should be the #1 prime suspect. However, he's not a suspect because (surprise!) ....he's the son of the VIP headman. He hasn't even submitted DNA yet (has he been asked to by cops?). Yet, with every day that passes, DNA evidence appears to be more moot, because Thai investigators can't be trusted to deal honestly with DNA evidence.

However, from the 'Democracy For Burma' website, there's an interesting tidbit: Nom Sod (headman's son) is left handed, according to someone who asked a friend of Nom Sod's. That would sinc with the six or so puncture wounds to the right side of David's neck and head. Add Democracy For Burma folks to the many other web sites and concerned folks who have surmised that David's wounds were caused by a 'punch blade' type of weapon. As far as I know, Thai cops don't appear concerned about what sort of weapon was used on David.

Remember OJ's lawyer (Johnny Cochran, now deceased) telling the jury during the final hours of that lengthy trial: "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit!" In the David and Hannah investigation, it's like Thai officialdom saying, "Whatever clues don't implicate the Burmese, we disregard."

• Like 2

I think Mon might be left handed also - looked like he was holding a phone in his left hand in the minimart on the night of the Sean threats. Mon, Nom Sod and Sean - inject those three with truth serum and the true events of that night would come out of one of them at least I think.

• Like 1

Well, I guess it's just a blog, that pesky "social media" the police and the general can't seem to fathom. But if a blog in Burma is specifying the alternative protected suspect so clearly, then it can't be long before his name and the full story of his widely-discussed escape from the island and dodgy Bangkok alibi appear in Burmese and international newspapers.

Whereas all this has happened before (e.g. Chiang Mai) and the police have got away with it, the level of attention upon this disastrous botch-up and corruption is much greater. Can Thailand really get away without doing at least some of the right thing on this one? Surely they'll at least have to fess up at least one more convincing participant in the crime, even if they continue to try to protect others.

By the way, CSI LA is still going strong; maybe it's just busy rather than blocked, and that's got to be good. They've got the son's university timetable and they're picking over the alibi video photos.

Edited by Unconvinced
  • Like 1

Could the DNA now being touted as unusable, badly handled a ploy so as to take the pressure off Mon because if the DNA is so bad and handled so badly whats the point in taking anymore.

Just get witnesses to fit up the two guys already in prison case closed or they get released and BIB say we just don't know who did it.

I hope the media etc. don't let this just go away

• Like 1

Prayuth added: 'They are not the culprits yet. We will handle this case with special attention, very fairly, so that we can win the trust of Myanmar people and the international community.'

This part is missing from that report, its of interest and suggests things arnt over yet, could we be seeing the beginnings of a U turn or pause for consideration in the PM as pressure mounts ? Has the penny finally dropped ?

i sure hope so.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Apparently as reported in the above article Hannah was also sodomized ..this is heartbreaking stuff , pack raping a young innocent woman like an animal , then cold blooded murder ...the culprits must of been under some major influence , similar to the boat driver and hiding caveman.

It seems more and more dangerous for anyone to visit that island . well , i'm a travel agent and for sure i won't send anyone there .

Sean Macanna knows a lot about what happened that night , lets hope he does the right thing . You cannot murder innocent people like animals and brush it under the carpet or can you simply get away with murder in Thailand

and what do pack animals do after they have exhausted themselves after a frenzied kill?

they go to a cave, to rest and hide

eventually, this is coming out, as the RTP was depending on having the Burmese commit suicide by pleading guilty and closing the case,

but

the international uproar has stopped that plan Dead ON Arrival

and there is a crisis brewing in Thailand, as, this may lead to an ASEAN withdrawal

• Like 2

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed as well as the replies:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A post containing a link to Andrew Drummond's site has been removed. Please understand Thai Visa is not employed as a tool to obtain information for Andrew Drummond nor do we use material from his web site. Replies have been removed as well.

Q. was fingerprints taken on the phone found by the police near where the 2 accused lived ? surely standard police procedure would be to examine all recovered evidence for fingerprints, after all this phone found by the police is one of the major parts of the evidence they say they have against the accused. I find it rather odd that there has not been any mention of any fingerprinting being undertaken on either or any of these phones. ( 1 . found at the crime scene 2 . the one conveniently found by the police during a search of the suspects living quarters.

• Like 1

Q. was fingerprints taken on the phone found by the police near where the 2 accused lived ? surely standard police procedure would be to examine all recovered evidence for fingerprints, after all this phone found by the police is one of the major parts of the evidence they say they have against the accused. I find it rather odd that there has not been any mention of any fingerprinting being undertaken on either or any of these phones. ( 1 . found at the crime scene 2 . the one conveniently found by the police during a search of the suspects living quarters.

I think the problem with the phone issue,

is that the police stated they had recovered David's phone at the scene in an effort to show they were not robbed,

the case is getting old now to remember every single police statement, but I thought that was one of them

Thailand's police chief Pol General Somyot Poompanmoung said yesterday: "I want to stress that police have investigated this case based on the law, examined evidence in line with international standards, and are fully accountable."

This sounds like a junta get out of gaol free card to me.

• Like 1

Thailand's police chief Pol General Somyot Poompanmoung said yesterday: "I want to stress that police have investigated this case based on the law, examined evidence in line with international standards, and are fully accountable."

Fully accountable to whom? Themselves. Certainly not to the silenced, disenfranchised Electorate.

Maybe to the Supreme Commander of Police Dept (PM).

Or to top cop Police Commissioner General Somyot, er, er.

Oh,to the Army. Just a min, that would be the PM.

Tick tock, tick tock.

http://nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Koh-Tao-case-a-time-bomb-for-Thailands-reputation-30245085.html

Edited by heyexile

Fully accountable to whom? Themselves. Certainly not to the silenced, disenfranchised Electorate.

Spot on.. you got it!

Spot on.. you got it!

Spot on.. you got it!

Time Bomb? see link added to my edited post above.

Tick tock, tick tock.

http://nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Koh-Tao-case-a-time-bomb-for-Thailands-reputation-30245085.html

Nothing wrong in the statement the Police Chief made. The dispute is whether the police in this case have made themselves accountable to international standards in practice. The disquiet is that they appear not to have done.

That Nation article is good as the situation is indeed a time bomb for Thailand. At some point, the clouds will clear as someone will come forward with crucial information. Then people will wonder how some island thugs, rich or not, were able to control the police and other governmental agencies so effectively. So far everyone is "staying the course", but the island murmurs are strong and most Thai nationals know the score.