Koh Samui prison chief fears Koh Tao murder suspects may commit suicide

webfact

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have asked the other inmates to monitor the two burmese". What a laughable and ridiculous statement. cheesy.gif

Then, when the inevitable happens it will be "well, we did everything in our power to prevent this, but it was fate after all".

Quite disgusting behaviour by these sham "officials".

More like, he informed other prisoners that if they kill these two they may get let out of prison early and/or get a little reward money. But they tell the other prisoners to make sure it looks like a suicide. Hang them or something.

Agreed........absolutely.........wait for the "suicide" announcement from the RTP ............I give it four days from now........(by Monday 13th midnight)

• Like 1

Yep, the writing will certainly be on the wall if anything does happen to these two after the threat to their well being has been recognized and documented.

Even if it is 'standard operating procedure' to put suspected criminals into general while waiting for their court appearance, in high profile cases like this you would think the prisoners would be moved to either establishments that can provide adequate secure accommodation and surveillance, or a secure medical facility if the threat of suicide is that great.

IMO, if anything happens to these prisoners before the court appearance after these statements, then the police are going to be in such a world of hurt through global responses especially after the criticism over there handling of this case to date.

Could it be that there are other inmates in there (who speak their language) with them who are telling them of all the horrible things that will happen to them and they would be better off dead ?

Just take a handful of these pills and your troubles will be over, no more pain no more beatings.

They will be two very scared young men whether they did the murder or not.

Three Myanmar witnesses in Koh Tao murder of two British tourists will be brought before the court probably next week to testify in advance before the start of the trial.

Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsriroj, commander of Surat Thani provincial police, said today (Thursday) that the three Myanmar migrant workers were under the care of the police and the public prosecutor had been asked to seek the courts permission to bring the three witnesses to testify in advance.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-myanmar-witnesses-testify-advance-koh-tao-murder-case/

Testify in advance ?? thats a new one on me rolleyes.gif

Anyone get the impression they are trying to rush this though and get something on record before a nasty incident might happen ........i hope not.

The BIb are definitely trying to rush this through before too many questions get answered. They're on a mission......I'm just not sure that full justice is part of it.

Actually this is quite common in most murder cases like this in Thailand, to protect suspects from commiting suicide, but it doesnt mean they are suicidal, its just how thai police do it.

The best thing for RTP in this case is to shut up. Every time they open their mouth it will only make things worse for them.

Surely their must be some Thai academics out there with a modicum of intelligence who can pull these people to one side. They have been getting away with convincing the completely uneducated for so long that they must sincerely believe these statements will wash. Actually this idiot who has come out with this in his infinite wisdom has probably saved their lives.

"I have asked the other inmates to monitor the two burmese". What a laughable and ridiculous statement. cheesy.gif

Let's just hope that "monitor" doesn't sound like "murder" in Thai! (Fellow inmate: "Oh, you said 'MONITOR'? I misheard the tone! My bad.")

Anyway, it has to be scary when the people who want you dead and who have the ability to kill you / have you killed are predicting your suicide!

• Like 1

Chanin Liangsuwan,chief of Koh Samui District Prison: "They may be feeling guilty for the crime they have done."

How sick is this statement ?

It depends entirely on whether they committed the crime or not.

Meaning they could be feeling guilty because they DIDN'T commit the crime? Or are you just another poster making assumptions on the basis of hearsay evidence?

Guilty or innocent, these suspects deserve a fair hearing. They should be held in a secure unit, with no means of ending their lives other than by outside intervention, and monitored round the clock by independent human rights representatives and/or Myanmar embassy staff, with 24-hour CTV recording as back-up.

This would be in the interests of Thailand, as well as the prisoners, as the entire world is now starting to expect they may have been wrongly accused and convicted by the police, government and mass media - and that there are grounds for fearing they may be silenced to prevent the trial court hearing evidence of the torture said to have been used to extract their confessions.

Oh, this is not going to end well.

Due to the high profile nature of this case, these two need to be placed in a single-cell status away from the GP with 24-hour cctv.

And what are the chances that the cctv cameras fails at the very important moment?